Pages:
Author

Topic: Xbox One - page 9. (Read 6698 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
May 24, 2013, 05:12:08 AM
I think the name is going to cause problems... those who don't keep up with gaming consoles (generally the parents) are going to hear that their kids want the new Xbox. They're going to see the "One" and the 360, and end up getting a 360.

I think this was a bad marketing move.

Lol.  I don't think that will happen.  No one keeps buying the '99 cars, do they?   Wink

Cars are different. It's obviously not 2099 so people can automatically relate it to 1999.

Consoles are less known. Kind of like PC's. I still get questions about how good a PC with a 40GB HDD is, "because it has a lot of memory and that's good, right?"

This is done by retailers: Move everything about 360 somewhere else. Put "New XBOX ONE" and have HEAPS of them around. Don'T worry, people stupid enough to do this will likely be led by retail store design.

lol, you highly underestimate people on the Internet. A lot of people do their shopping online these days, and you are undoubtedly going to find people buying them off eBay and Craigslist for high prices. Even when the PS3/360 were in-stock in local stores, people were offering 2x what they were worth on CL because they were seen as being "rare."

I guess you could look at it as being their fault though. I never buy anything without knowing exactly what it is, why I need it, and understanding how it benefits me.

Not sure. Here in Germany, the people who are a little "simpler in their technical thinking" buy their stuff somewhere in one of two megastores, Media Markt or Saturn. And both belong to the same corporation, the Metro Group.

They are still winning. Cant comment on the US situation, but Craigslist is something people wouldn'T trust around here and on Ebay, I dare you doing something like this in Germany... people are the worst customers when it comes to online sales...

And you have 14 days legal tenure to send it back.

14 days? That's nuts! Here most stores give a minimum of 30 days. Some give 60-90. And if a store won't take your return and you used a credit card, you can simply do a chargeback and get back your money.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 24, 2013, 05:00:30 AM
I think the name is going to cause problems... those who don't keep up with gaming consoles (generally the parents) are going to hear that their kids want the new Xbox. They're going to see the "One" and the 360, and end up getting a 360.

Lol.  I don't think that will happen.  No one keeps buying the '99 cars, do they?   Wink

Cars are different. It's obviously not 2099 so people can automatically relate it to 1999.

Consoles are less known. Kind of like PC's. I still get questions about how good a PC with a 40GB HDD is, "because it has a lot of memory and that's good, right?"

This is done by retailers: Move everything about 360 somewhere else. Put "New XBOX ONE" and have HEAPS of them around. Don'T worry, people stupid enough to do this will likely be led by retail store design.

lol, you highly underestimate people on the Internet. A lot of people do their shopping online these days, and you are undoubtedly going to find people buying them off eBay and Craigslist for high prices. Even when the PS3/360 were in-stock in local stores, people were offering 2x what they were worth on CL because they were seen as being "rare."

I guess you could look at it as being their fault though. I never buy anything without knowing exactly what it is, why I need it, and understanding how it benefits me.

Not sure. Here in Germany, the people who are a little "simpler in their technical thinking" buy their stuff somewhere in one of two megastores, Media Markt or Saturn. And both belong to the same corporation, the Metro Group.

They are still winning. Cant comment on the US situation, but Craigslist is something people wouldn'T trust around here and on Ebay, I dare you doing something like this in Germany... people are the worst customers when it comes to online sales...

And you have 14 days legal tenure to send it back.
legendary
May 24, 2013, 04:57:03 AM

May 24, 2013, 04:35:17 AM

legendary
May 23, 2013, 09:37:10 PM

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
May 23, 2013, 09:33:34 PM

legendary
May 23, 2013, 09:30:50 PM
Looks pretty sweet!  Just waiting for the pre-order options...

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 23, 2013, 06:46:26 PM
Quote from: fwho
This.

Im actually not much of a PC gamer, unless you count Minecraft. I was however a pretty big Xbox fanboy. I just could not find anything significant during the premier. Yay, more CoD and n-th sports games. Oh a "premium" Halo tv series... The switching thing is nice, but seems more like a parlor trick than something worthy of a console. Unless they have something else pretty big up their sleeve for E3, I think they just made the Wii-U a lot cooler.
This is what I don't get.  An Xbox fanboy but suddenly you're doubting the next Xbox?

8 years of solid service, great games and great Xbox Live and now no confidence?

I see it this way: MS had an awful lot to cover in a relatively short period of time.  They wanted to cover all the bases and they did.  The biggest games show on earth starts in 17 days' time.  Why would they go OTT revealing all their biggest games now?  (They still managed to show an original IP, a new Forza and a full compliment of EA Sports games.)

I have faith.  Xbox has served me well.

Even though Xbox has been my preferred gaming system, I am no where near a hardcore gamer. I dont have the time to be. But my confidence is gone BECAUSE they are trying to cover all of the bases. Typically when something tries to be everything, it becomes nothing. I dont need an Xbox TV guide or auto switching. Sure its a nice trick, but something I have, and can continue to live without. Sure its nice to watch Netflix and Hulu on my Xbox, which I do. But there are also plenty of WiFi TVs that offer the same as well. Oh they have NFL though! Except I dont watch sports or play sports games... And the auto updating fantasy stats seem like yet another kinda cool, yet nearly pointless trick. Like when Zune enabled device to device sharing. I think I used that once to pass a nude pic around to like the whole two people that had a Zune. As for the games, I am generally unimpressed by what they did announce, but I do also realize E3 is right around the corner. I am not impressed at all with the hardware that runs the games.

If they do pick up a Steam style game platform and sell lots of games at really cheap prices AND drop the LIVE membership, Ill consider buying one. Other than that, I see no reason to waste money on more hardware that does exactly what my current hardware already does, even if it is a little snappier (providing that works as well as they claim).
Activity: 196
May 23, 2013, 01:01:25 PM
PC rule!
May 23, 2013, 12:49:09 PM
Watched the Xbox reveal twice and all they did was blab on about TV and CoD.

Looked through the MS twitter accounts, but I can't seem to find anything, for example, that backs up "You can't sell the games anymore. Or lend them to a buddy. Because he cant play if the serial isn't bound to his account." Maybe a direct link would help?

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

This one sums it up well, includes officials and James.

Nice, thanks.

So it's sort of the same thing that Steam/Valve has done for years. At first thought, it's kind of BS that they'd make you jump through these sort of hoops to play games with other people...but it may not be so bad so long as they keep with the Valve model (price cuts / fire-sales where games are $5-10 after a few months).

It just really sucks that I'd have to "pay a fee" (i.e. "buy the game") if I want to borrow a game from my friend. That's not something I agree with.

If you have followed Microsoft's XBOX policy with prices, i have this problem: A good amount of money will be asked for. And prices won't change. Most of the prices on XBOX live when downloading full games are either 49,99 or 29,99 in Euros. You see firesales only in a smaller fashion, with addons, arcade games and so on. Very rarely prices for full games are reduced in fire sales. Games going down to the typical STEAM style "LETS JUST RAMP IT UP, TAKE THE BLOCKBUSTER for $4.99 before I get fired because the CEO sees this" has never happened before.

I am similarly annoyed by STEAM, but its prices are so alluring I often find myself clicking "Buy" before I stopped thinking.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
May 23, 2013, 11:13:06 AM
Quote from: fwho
This.

Im actually not much of a PC gamer, unless you count Minecraft. I was however a pretty big Xbox fanboy. I just could not find anything significant during the premier. Yay, more CoD and n-th sports games. Oh a "premium" Halo tv series... The switching thing is nice, but seems more like a parlor trick than something worthy of a console. Unless they have something else pretty big up their sleeve for E3, I think they just made the Wii-U a lot cooler.
This is what I don't get.  An Xbox fanboy but suddenly you're doubting the next Xbox?

8 years of solid service, great games and great Xbox Live and now no confidence?

I see it this way: MS had an awful lot to cover in a relatively short period of time.  They wanted to cover all the bases and they did.  The biggest games show on earth starts in 17 days' time.  Why would they go OTT revealing all their biggest games now?  (They still managed to show an original IP, a new Forza and a full compliment of EA Sports games.)

I have faith.  Xbox has served me well.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/
May 23, 2013, 10:33:52 AM
PS1 Is better....

Andy B
legendary
Activity: 1064
May 23, 2013, 10:15:15 AM

Looked through the MS twitter accounts, but I can't seem to find anything, for example, that backs up "You can't sell the games anymore. Or lend them to a buddy. Because he cant play if the serial isn't bound to his account." Maybe a direct link would help?

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Nice, thanks.

So it's sort of the same thing that Steam/Valve has done for years. At first thought, it's kind of BS that they'd make you jump through these sort of hoops to play games with other people...but it may not be so bad so long as they keep with the Valve model (price cuts / fire-sales where games are $5-10 after a few months).

It just really sucks that I'd have to "pay a fee" (i.e. "buy the game") if I want to borrow a game from my friend. That's not something I agree with.
May 23, 2013, 09:41:22 AM
Alright..I read through this bit and am quite surprised I'm the first to ask..but where's your source, or are you just making this up as you go? I'm pretty sure half these rumors were debunked ages ago..

Official Xbox reveal and the manager's twitter account?

legendary
May 23, 2013, 09:39:58 AM
Alright..I read through this bit and am quite surprised I'm the first to ask..but where's your source, or are you just making this up as you go? I'm pretty sure half these rumors were debunked ages ago..

May 23, 2013, 08:25:50 AM
New Xbox wont boot without it [the kinect]...
No, bluray. But you have to install them and bind them to your account.
You can't sell the games anymore. Or lend them to a buddy. Because he cant play if the serial isn't bound to his account.
That would also eliminate rentals correct?

Yup.

legendary
May 23, 2013, 08:24:17 AM
New Xbox wont boot without it [the kinect]...
You can't sell the games anymore. Or lend them to a buddy. Because he cant play if the serial isn't bound to his account.

Yup.

May 23, 2013, 08:08:21 AM
Will games be all digital eliminating the discs?

Whats the point in that?

Yup.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 23, 2013, 08:07:44 AM

Whats the point in that?

May 22, 2013, 08:57:00 PM

Whats the point in that?

Pages:
Jump to: