Pages:
Author

Topic: Xbox One - page 4. (Read 6698 times)

staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
June 15, 2013, 12:29:08 PM
It just shows that capitalisms is on its final leg.

Capitalism is dying because Microsoft did something stupid and everyone decided to by a PS4 instead?

Not really. Capitalism has been failing since the start. Look how messed up the world is.

So, out of interest who is considering buying either one of these consoles? And who is converting to PC instead?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 15, 2013, 12:27:25 PM
It just shows that capitalisms is on its final leg.

Capitalism is dying because Microsoft did something stupid and everyone decided to by a PS4 instead?
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
June 15, 2013, 12:21:28 PM
The price is still pretty steep if you compare it to a PC. Consoles are made of the same architecture of PC x86. Which I consider old technology, consoles have always been a step behind for obvious reasons. They wanted to be dedicated gaming machines back in the days. They are now turning into multimedia crap.
In fact, the xbox looks just like a tablet, has the same function as a smart tv and a tablet, just with better processing speeds and better graphics etc.
So why in the world that much? What gets to me is the speculation price of games. JUST WOW. For a game I expect to pay so little, it's not as big as the console but it's like 1/4 of the price.

In comparison to the consoles, I believe sony will absolutely destroy xbox, maybe not in sales. But in quality of GAMING, because that's is what a console is for, in my opinion that is.
Microsoft are letting their self down, xbox as been leading for a few years with their consoles, but they insist that we want multimedia. But, why? What happened to customers always right? Well this is a potential customer speaking, reduce you're god dam prices and make me a dedicated gaming console please.

The only reason I used to like playing consoles, is you can have co-op on one thing and have you're family & friends around to play a game. You've got to think of the broadband that the kinect is going to be using. If you have a rather crap download and upload speeds then microsoft made a rather stupid and rude quote: "If you can't afford internet, then you can't afford the xbox one". Well, it was something along those lines. I could find it if any of you are interested.
How awful is that? Note to microsoft, I have been a previous customer with working internet and paying for you're online subscription, so why in the word would you say I can't afford it when I have the last few years? It's because of their stupid accessories which they are adding on to the console.
WE all know how much of a flop the kinect was, I have friends which purchased it and never used it more than 20 times, why? because it's not very responsive and just...not right.
Don't get me wrong the ps3 tried the same with playstation move which I also didn't buy or like the idea of.

I think I have mad emy point clear that I will not be paying for the next Gen consoles, because they are rather disappointing overall.
At least sony has the sense to allow pre owed games.But they both missed one factor, backward compatibility, yes it's a very hard procedure to do and is very time consuming. But, I know that part of the future jailbreaks will be emulators which will allow you to play games from ps2 etc.
Remember the big hit mega drive? huh, yeah. Well that got a emulator on ps2. Yes, it was buggy. But at least they tried (modders that is).
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
June 15, 2013, 12:16:02 PM
If a buy a game i own it and it's my right to resell. If i buy a new car in the future is it going to be linked to my DNA and cant be resold? Personalised phone, TV.......where does it end?  Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of a cancer.
It just shows the sysyem is on its final leg.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
June 15, 2013, 11:04:24 AM
As an old school gamer I'd have to decline this system.  Several problems exist that make me pucker my asshole.  One being thepprice.  Second the lack of retro games support and this shit of no more pre owned games. I understand that if you purchase a used game the dev doesn't see any of that cash. But don't they make most of the money out of the title at launch? 

Another factor is the online aspect.  I'm one out of a small number of people who have no desire to play online or have my unit connected to the internet.  So I would not get the full use i f any use out of this system.  It's a bummer as I was just going to wait for the new system after my 360 shit the bed. I believe what I'll do now is get a ps3 and entertain myself with the exclusive titles i haven't played for that system.  People will be unloading them pretty cheap once this all hits the market

The One will undoubtedly be hacked at some point for backup games. If you only play offline, this is definitely an option; while I don't condone piracy, I see no problem with hacking the system and using pre-owned games on it.
Activity: 574
June 15, 2013, 10:49:32 AM
As an old school gamer I'd have to decline this system.  Several problems exist that make me pucker my asshole.  One being thepprice.  Second the lack of retro games support and this shit of no more pre owned games. I understand that if you purchase a used game the dev doesn't see any of that cash. But don't they make most of the money out of the title at launch? 

Another factor is the online aspect.  I'm one out of a small number of people who have no desire to play online or have my unit connected to the internet.  So I would not get the full use i f any use out of this system.  It's a bummer as I was just going to wait for the new system after my 360 shit the bed. I believe what I'll do now is get a ps3 and entertain myself with the exclusive titles i haven't played for that system.  People will be unloading them pretty cheap once this all hits the market
legendary
June 15, 2013, 10:03:06 AM
I like pc gaming too but local multiplayer is important to me and that's pretty much nonexistent in pc gaming.

Uhh...what?

In my mind I believe you're referring to something along the lines of "split screening" for multiplayer / coop ...otherwise, LAN party anyone?

People still have LAN parties? :p.

And I think he means like... on a console (split screen, as you said) you can have 4 people playing one copy of a game. On PC you need 4 copies.
Yup that's it. No way i'm buying 4 copies of a game just to play with family members. Also most don't allow more than 1 controller at a time so you need a bunch of keyboards it's just a hassle.
Playing with family is usually considered casual gaming and consoles are very well suited for this case. However if you're into hardcore gaming,  a PC is a necesity.

Consoles are used for some hardcore gaming too. Started with the last gen (er, current gen? 360/PS4). So that's not always true now, although I do agree that I'd rather do hardcore gaming on a PC.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 14, 2013, 08:30:57 AM
I like pc gaming too but local multiplayer is important to me and that's pretty much nonexistent in pc gaming.

Uhh...what?

In my mind I believe you're referring to something along the lines of "split screening" for multiplayer / coop ...otherwise, LAN party anyone?

And I think he means like... on a console (split screen, as you said) you can have 4 people playing one copy of a game. On PC you need 4 copies.
Yup that's it. No way i'm buying 4 copies of a game just to play with family members. Also most don't allow more than 1 controller at a time so you need a bunch of keyboards it's just a hassle.
Playing with family is usually considered casual gaming and consoles are very well suited for this case. However if you're into hardcore gaming,  a PC is a necesity.
Activity: 363
June 13, 2013, 02:17:10 PM

Uhh...what?

legendary
June 13, 2013, 12:34:44 PM
I see. Perhaps they will make changes if there are enough people that feel that way.

The main showstopper for me is just that it's not backwards compatible. I just bought all my 360 stuff within the last 6 months.

BC is a big issue too but if you already have a 360... I see it as being like PSX and PS2. I had both but usually used the PSX for PSX games, :p.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 13, 2013, 12:30:23 PM
I see. Perhaps they will make changes if there are enough people that feel that way.

The main showstopper for me is just that it's not backwards compatible. I just bought all my 360 stuff within the last 6 months.
legendary
June 13, 2013, 12:21:39 PM
I actually bought the 360 for the Kinect, so I always play with a camera connected already...  Grin

The difference is the 360 doesn't imply that the camera is always active. You can tell by whether or not the red light is on. And it also doesn't require you to be online to play single-player games. This is where the privacy concerns come from.

It does require you to be online the first time you play a game though (and regularly thereafter).

Also, I remember seeing a clarification that the One will act the same way with single player games.

Most of the games I play on my PC these days also require me to be online - even for single player (via Steam, Origin, or whatever). Not sure what the difference is?

You're misunderstanding my post. I was saying the 360 doesn't have those problems. The One does. This is why I will refuse to purchase the One.

The PC, while some games require you to be online, do not require that you keep a web camera and microphone hooked up to your system at all times. There is a massive difference.
June 13, 2013, 12:17:41 PM
I actually bought the 360 for the Kinect, so I always play with a camera connected already...  Grin

The difference is the 360 doesn't imply that the camera is always active. You can tell by whether or not the red light is on. And it also doesn't require you to be online to play single-player games. This is where the privacy concerns come from.

It does require you to be online the first time you play a game though (and regularly thereafter).

Also, I remember seeing a clarification that the One will act the same way with single player games.

Most of the games I play on my PC these days also require me to be online - even for single player (via Steam, Origin, or whatever). Not sure what the difference is?
legendary
June 13, 2013, 12:13:45 PM

June 13, 2013, 12:12:08 PM
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 13, 2013, 10:35:49 AM
By the way, one of my friends posted this on facebook and I think it describes the Xbox One prefectly Cheesy

Probably the most accurate description EVER.
legendary
June 13, 2013, 09:22:21 AM
Yeah, but you can play with a rock without an internet connection Cheesy

lol, true. I guess you can play Halo with it in real-life too. May get arrested though!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
June 13, 2013, 09:17:39 AM
Yeah, but you can play with a rock without an internet connection Cheesy
legendary
June 13, 2013, 08:21:35 AM
By the way, one of my friends posted this on facebook and I think it describes the Xbox One prefectly Cheesy

You can't play Halo with a rock though!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 13, 2013, 07:07:11 AM
I'm a loyal Xbox fan but I can say that if MS does not step up its game we lost this gen by a lot!
Pages:
Jump to: