Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 188. (Read 1484188 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Imho, if reviewing other currencys and their code, and that is putting things in XC on halt, why keep doing it?

How did you come to the conclusion that XC will be on hold?

Just to be clear, collaborations do not delay XC's progress, they do two things: they accelerate it, and they broaden it.

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
I don't get it, has Dan left the XC project or is he just multitasking?
According to the progress on this project in the last couple of month you can definitely tell, Dan is powered by an Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme 8-Core CPU.

So, YES!!
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
Imho, if reviewing other currencys and their code, and that is putting things in XC on halt, why keep doing it?

How did you come to the conclusion that XC will be on hold?
legendary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaboration

Collaboration is working with others to do a task and to achieve shared goals. It is a recursive process where two or more or organizations work together[/b] to realize shared goals, (this is more than the intersection of common goals seen in co-operative ventures, but a deep, collective determination to reach an identical objective

Let me just quote my earlier statement:

[UtilityCoin]

Hi all

I can confirm that Dan specifically requested that nothing from Util be published without his prior review, but they went ahead regardless.

Dan is, however, interested in consulting with Util, specifically regarding their http-vpn tech.

Most importantly, the intention is for all collaboration to benefit XC.

In this case, our plans will benefit XC massively.

I can't release details just yet, but it's quite likely that we'll let the word out tomorrow or the next day.

It's a particularly major development.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaboration

Collaboration is working with others to do a task and to achieve shared goals. It is a recursive process where two or more or organizations work together to realize shared goals, (this is more than the intersection of common goals seen in co-operative ventures, but a deep, collective determination to reach an identical objective
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Dan has not left the XC project.  It is collaboration with other coins to strengthen the XC platform. According to synechist, greater clarity will be provided soon... And I have a feeling we will all like what we hear.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
legendary

Huh?

Edit: are you aware of how and why XC collaborates?

- http://xc-official.com/xc-news/
Activity: 700

He left for Bahamas sold all the pre-mine lolz

Edit: this is sarcasm....it seems there is the need lately to clarify it...
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Activity: 714
I think that I speak for the whole XC community if I say that we would appreciate it if we get informed before Dan decides to do another collaboration.

Ahem...

On a side note, I've been contacted by several dev's on a various list of projects - just wanted to keep the community in the loop

* Ruble Code review
* Britcoin - license rev1 mixer code
* Utility Coin - collaboration
* Supernet - collaboration

Dan

I didn't see that, my bad.

I deleted it.
Do you think that, say, XC's upcoming web 3.0 distributed content server will have no effect?

Any estimates on when that could be expected to be working and usable, considering the amount of effort for example the chat feature has required so far?

In what complexity range does web 3.0 lie compared to the chat?

Mesh-net infrastructure is already on though. That is a major part of web 3.0 content distribution. Correct me if I'm wrong Arlyn.

Is the content stored in the blockchain?

I don't think so as this would bloat it. the content more then likely will be stored in mesh networks created ad hoc and constantly interchanging information between each others. Arlyn will need to correct me as well on this if I'm wrong.

I would imagine it's going to be a monumental task to design and implement the algorithms that work and keep the data available even when nodes go on and off constantly, or if they cheat by limiting their upload to 10kB/s or something. Backup systems like CrashPlan and Symform are doing this so it's possible. Perhaps there already are published researches about this issue?

I think you will need someone with more knowledge of the platform then me to answer this. Arlyn already answered that content will be stored locally and ditributed trough mixers so my initial answer was already incomplete. Maybe you should PM Dan or we can check if Synechist have an answer for you Smiley

QUOTE:

"
No. It'll be in encrypted local storage accessible to (though not decryptable by) Xnodes, and indexed on the blockchain.
"
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Do you think that, say, XC's upcoming web 3.0 distributed content server will have no effect?

Any estimates on when that could be expected to be working and usable, considering the amount of effort for example the chat feature has required so far?

Mesh-net infrastructure is already on though. That is a major part of web 3.0 content distribution. Correct me if I'm wrong Arlyn.

I don't think so as this would bloat it. the content more then likely will be stored in mesh networks created ad hoc and constantly interchanging information between each others. Arlyn will need to correct me as well on this if I'm wrong.

I would imagine it's going to be a monumental task to design and implement the algorithms that work and keep the data available even when nodes go on and off constantly, or if they cheat by limiting their upload to 10kB/s or something. Backup systems like CrashPlan and Symform are doing this so it's possible. Perhaps there already are published researches about this issue?
is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?

Yup ;-)
I think that I speak for the whole XC community if I say that we would appreciate it if we get informed before Dan decides to do another collaboration.

I think you don't goat.

You def don't goat it ahahah Smiley
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?

Yup ;-)

I think you don't goat.
legendary

Ahem...

On a side note, I've been contacted by several dev's on a various list of projects - just wanted to keep the community in the loop

* Ruble Code review
* Britcoin - license rev1 mixer code
* Utility Coin - collaboration
* Supernet - collaboration

Dan

legendary

I can't release details just yet, but it's quite likely that we'll let the word out tomorrow or the next day.

Will this announcement show a feature delivered in XC or will it be another PR announcement which showcases something in the future?

Hmm... that question is tangential to the announcement. I could say yes to both sides of the disjunction, though at the expense of not doing justice to the sense in which you intend your question to be understood.

legendary
Activity: 1960

Will this announcement show a feature delivered in XC or will it be another PR announcement which showcases something in the future?
legendary

Yup ;-)

Jump to: