Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 192. (Read 1484188 times)

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Calm before the storm... i love it!!  Roll Eyes
Let it be calm another week. Next payday is next week Friday Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Wow - mintpal down to 10BTC total in the last 24 hours. They're so f***d.

I saw the same thing today... hard to believe... I hope moolah didn't pay too much to buy it out because if they did  Shocked
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Wow - mintpal down to 10BTC total in the last 24 hours. They're so f***d.
Activity: 165
Calm before the storm... i love it!!  Roll Eyes
Activity: 714
Look at the lines I drew on those graphs, it is one of view useful things I posted in this thread.
Activity: 361
What is everybody doing today? The thread is so quiet.

Come on people, say stuff.

I grouted a tile floor at 3 this morning after working 12 hours so I could be ready for the big football (american) game today.
That isn't football, they can't even kick the ball.

It should be called American Soccer.

Bwahahaha. We did ok during the world cup.
Activity: 165
http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/11/edward-snowden-new-yorker-festival/

Snowden is essentially saying avoid all privacy-stealing centralized services like Dropbox, Google, and Facebook, and flock to XCurrency who is creating similar services but are completely private and decentralized.  That's how I read the article, anyways. Wink

How do we get Snowden on board with XC?
Send him an email explaining what XCurrency is.

Sounds great Goat -- I'll leave that task to you! 
Won't happen, the XC team needs to do that.

It would be best to wait until XC is no longer closed source , While i believe in what dan is creating and its efficiency and utility, until it is open sourced one of the main arguments against us from the general populace is going to be a privacy centered program that is closed source and not currently verified. independently or otherwise. 

Until then , that 1 argument cannot really realistically be answered except for "it will be open source soon enough"

^^^this

the stable value of XC we have right now is based on OUR trust in what the team is doing.
others might not share that trust because they want to be able to verify the tech on their own and not trust anyone (like you didn't have to trust satoshi with bitcoins implementation).

once the code is open sourced, skepticism will disappear and others would see the potential as WE see it right now.

good for us.. at that point, when the overall trust and therefore the price rises, we early believers already have our bags filled to the brim with precious XCs  Grin Grin

I drew this earlier today, it shows that the most popular coins are getting worth less and less everyday, but it seems like XC is getting affected the least:
All of the images are from Poloniex btw.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Snowden is essentially saying avoid all privacy-stealing centralized services like Dropbox, Google, and Facebook, and flock to XCurrency who is creating similar services but are completely private and decentralized.  That's how I read the article, anyways. Wink

It would be best to wait until XC is no longer closed source , While i believe in what dan is creating and its efficiency and utility, until it is open sourced one of the main arguments against us from the general populace is going to be a privacy centered program that is closed source and not currently verified. independently or otherwise. 

Until then , that 1 argument cannot really realistically be answered except for "it will be open source soon enough"

Activity: 882
has to be big news if they want to wait so long with releasing while volume is cooling of again. I would be stacking up so hard right now if i had any more funds.
Activity: 882

Snowden is essentially saying avoid all privacy-stealing centralized services like Dropbox, Google, and Facebook, and flock to XCurrency who is creating similar services but are completely private and decentralized.  That's how I read the article, anyways. Wink

Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 616

Snowden is essentially saying avoid all privacy-stealing centralized services like Dropbox, Google, and Facebook, and flock to XCurrency who is creating similar services but are completely private and decentralized.  That's how I read the article, anyways. Wink

Activity: 616

I grouted a tile floor at 3 this morning after working 12 hours so I could be ready for the big football (american) game today.
That isn't football, they can't even kick the ball.

It should be called American Soccer.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

The bandwidth issue probably has something to do with an endless loop in the group chat code.

But that is just a wild guess from looking at what happens when you open the wallet.
Activity: 392
When is there going to be a fix for the wallet taking so much bandwidth?

Is this an issue with the new wallet? I'm using an older OSX one and have no issues with bandwidth.
I have a 2 Mb/s download speed, but when the wallet is open it goes down to 0,50 Mb/s I think.

That should not happen.

Yeah I believe the team was supposed to deliver stuff the last couple of days but this bug may have taken its toll on Dan's time, its a high priority issue since it limits the wallet's functionality and people need motives to keep it open on their pc... But im pretty sure it will be fixed asap anyway.
I think there is something wrong with the new wallet, it uses way too much bandwidth for some reason.

I had the wallet open and my Internet was really slow, slower than normally which is 2 Mb/s it went down to like 0,50 Mb/s and when I closed it it just went right back up again.

Yes it is using more bandwidth, I've put v2.49.08e back on the site for download until a fix is available

Dan

It is good that you found this bug, because I tested the groupchat with Dan, And he said that it was looking stable (groupchat).
Give him some time to look for the problem... And who knows... the updated android and osx wallets could be available before we know it
Jump to: