Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 480. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Sweet, finally staked my first coins!!! Grin
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Deploy first. Disclose later.  Grin
Activity: 361
I just came across https://www.coingecko.com/en

Found interesting. Our #38 brings some thoughts how we can improve

They do say that they are in Beta. Wink

The problem is XC not being open "open source" instead being delayed open source so the current way coin gecko tracks developer score does not accurately reflect our awesome developers!

Id rather XC keep the code close to the chest. 
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
i have a feeling, that we have some groundbreaking news coming  Grin

XC will stand top 5 for sure Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
one question
is XC already "anonymous" ?

It is, and has been, for a long time now. I think it is somewhat limited to the sum one has to use for the transaction, because of its beta phase.

Synchist can reply more technically, but the short answer is: yes it is right now, not something to be delivered, but overdelivered for some time now actually. More updates are expected, polishing the code/wallet/accessibility and even more features to come in next revs.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
If someone want cheap XC there is an sell order at mintpal of 4,6 btc at 0.00158 , i think this guy dont want that XC go up !
This guy has put this order just before the next candle on 4h chart, breaking the support, nice move to simulate a reversal...

And it most likely will push it down to the level we were at a few days ago, around the 130K mark.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
If someone want cheap XC there is an sell order at mintpal of 4,6 btc at 0.00158 , i think this guy dont want that XC go up !
This guy has put this order just before the next candle on 4h chart, breaking the support, nice move to simulate a reversal...
Activity: 109
In Crypto We Verify
I just came across https://www.coingecko.com/en

Found interesting. Our #38 brings some thoughts how we can improve

They do say that they are in Beta. Wink

The problem is XC not being open "open source" instead being delayed open source so the current way coin gecko tracks developer score does not accurately reflect our awesome developers!
Activity: 364
Hi All,

New to this coin but not to crypto. A lot of positive stuff. I bought some coins on Poloniex on Friday and again on Saturday. They're in my wallet and are staking (I hope - Followed directions and it says 3 days to see a reward).

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Staking rewards can show up anywhere between 8 hours and 30 days, but will even out to 3.33% over the long run. Dont be discouraged if it takes a week or two to get your first stake, the timeframe is like a lottery.
Activity: 71

Aaaaah, ok. So this would mean that your potential stake based on the amount in your wallet is actually sort of saved up untill you set your wallet to start staking and then it will give you the amount due since the last time you staked it.
Does that sound about right ?

your total % that you can stake is based off of the initial amount that you have in the wallet at the time of first enabling staking. So say you open up your wallet the first time and put 1000 coins in, the 3.3% would be based off of that initial 1000.  by the end of that year period you should have staked 33 additional coins.  wether you get those 33 coins in a few big chunks or lots of little ones is random.  This is assuming that you don't add or remove any coins and are working with that 1000 coins only.

This is what I have gathered but I could be wrong.  Hopefully someone with a better understanding of it could explain it better if I explained it wrong.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hi All,

New to this coin but not to crypto. A lot of positive stuff. I bought some coins on Poloniex on Friday and again on Saturday. They're in my wallet and are staking (I hope - Followed directions and it says 3 days to see a reward).
Activity: 413
So this is with around 3500 coins ? Or considerably less ?

Your guess was pretty close, almost 4K coins in this particular wallet

Ok, so then the 3,33 % is pretty spot on  Smiley
I've been staking other coins and I sometimes wonder how the rewards I get would add up to the promised percentage on a yearly basis.

And I still don't completely understand what happens to the coins that aren't staked. --> Are they not gathering interest ? Or is the interest they would make divided over the ones that do stake ?

from my understanding, if they are in your wallet then they are staking. I am assuming that there is some sort of line in the code that dictates how much you get per stake and that this code limits it to 3.3% .  This is my assumption and I know not a much as others when it comes to this aspect of the coin.

Aaaaah, ok. So this would mean that your potential stake based on the amount in your wallet is actually sort of saved up untill you set your wallet to start staking and then it will give you the amount due since the last time you staked it.
Does that sound about right ?

I know, but I live in the countryside and the nearest central office is 5,5 Km away, so I should be happy with what I get.

You live in staphorst or something like that Wink
No, in between Nijkerk and Voorthuizen.

lol, I spent a few weeks in a nice place in Voorthuizen. Beautiful area, but probably not alot of fast internet indeed.
But on the other hand, I live in an area of Rotterdam where there's also still no glasfiber available.
Activity: 71

I've been staking other coins and I sometimes wonder how the rewards I get would add up to the promised percentage on a yearly basis.

And I still don't completely understand what happens to the coins that aren't staked. --> Are they not gathering interest ? Or is the interest they would make divided over the ones that do stake ?

from my understanding, if they are in your wallet then they are staking. I am assuming that there is some sort of line in the code that dictates how much you get per stake and that this code limits it to 3.3% .  This is my assumption and I know not a much as others when it comes to this aspect of the coin.
And a money printing machine.  ...Just plug it in and let it stake!!!

Right. After about one week of waiting in silence, it finally started to mint nicely.

Every day finding a new small bounty:

Is it true that when less people who own XC are staking, the profits for the ones that do stake will rise above the 3,33% ?

And are there any plans for developing a mobile version of the wallet for staking on Android and/ or IOS ?

Stake wont rise above 3.33% either way, but yes mobile wallets for android and ios are planned for the future. The mobile wallets will stake too and there are plans for fiat --> XC purchase directly through the mobile wallet/app.

Ok, very cool !!! I still believe that the first of the more established POS coins that delivers a solid mobile wallet will also be (and probably stay) no.1 in the consumer adoption race. And I also firmly believe that that's the race that it's all about.

Activity: 294
one question
is XC already "anonymous" ?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I have a problem, at download the block, there is a message: runtime error this application has requested the runtime to terminate
Please help. Thanks

Can somebody help this guy please Huh

he asked it twice and nobody answered him

Thank you community
If nobody here knows how to fix it, you can try googling C++ runtime error.

He can try downloading this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11895
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I saw a topic on reddit about anon coins and XC wasn't mentioned! So I added a post (I am blackcoinprophet).

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2eg8iw/id_like_to_have_an_honest_discuss_about_darkcoin/

The topic is number 3 on the front page or r/cryptocurrency
Jump to: