Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 649. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
maybe an option in "unlock wallet for staking AND OR CHAT"
It's annoying that I constantly need to enter passfrase when sending messages and the wallet goes to fully locked status afterwards

Synechist,

I sent you a message on XChat, just wondering if you got it...?

sent from - XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv.

my public key - fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8

or if anyone else is about and can send me a message just to test?

cheers Smiley

I've just sent "Hi there"

Cheers, did you get my reply?
Yep I did
you sent "wahey it works"

Thanks  Smiley

I Didnt receive your message though conradjohnson.  Huh

this testing will get us to page 1000 in no time  Grin

Activity: 392
maybe an option in "unlock wallet for staking AND OR CHAT"
It's annoying that I constantly need to enter passfrase when sending messages and the wallet goes to fully locked status afterwards

Synechist,

cheers Smiley

Yep I did
you sent "wahey it works, cheers"
Synechist,

cheers Smiley

Sent

what did you write? I only got a "Hi there" so far, so presuming that was braxx unless you wrote the same? lol
Synechist,

cheers Smiley

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Synechist,

cheers Smiley

Sent
Synechist,

cheers Smiley

Is there any documentation avail yet on how to use the XChat feature?  Sorry if already asked, I could not find.

1. On the "Receive Coins" tab, create a new address and label it "Chat" or something.

2. Copy your address and paste it into the "from" field on the "Messages" tab (use the "paste" icon to the right of the field).

3. Copy someone's address and paste it into the "to" field (use the icon again).

4. Copy someone's public key and paste it into the "key" field.

5. Write a message.

P.S. Fully unlock your app before doing all this.

ok, i've totally been resisting technology for MANY moons but with the hope of a TOR stick signed by Dan i find myself up for the headache ...i did #1, don't see a messages tab, under "receive coins" i hit "sign message" tab but don't see "from", "to", and "key" fields ...sorry, plz advise.

You need to be on the latest test wallet that actually has a messages tab at the top.
thought i did, downloaded from arlyns "download xchat" link this morning. under programs it looks like i have version 2.47d ...downloads on xc website are not self explanatory considering my technological ineptitude.

I just downloaded the setup.exe which has chat included in it, if thats any help.

so website, downloads, and the just download setup.exe
Synechist,

cheers Smiley

Guys, why would you reveal your xchat identity on a forum when the whole deal is that it is anonymous.
Can the xchat be traced back to your wallet on the blockchain?

I was under the impression nothing is added to the blockchain. Further, I wouldn't chat with my primary addresses that hold funds anyway.

Yes XChat does not use the blockchain because that wouldn't be very private. Imagine someone got your private key at any point in the future? - even long after you'd deleted your address or even your wallet, any message system that stores messages in the blockchain would willingly yield your private communication to any hacker.

For privacy with XChat, you should create new addresses to chat from at will, and delete them when necessary.

Once deleted, they're completely gone. Easy.

then I think I found a little bug
have you tried to delete one of the new made chat-adresses...
or is there a command in the console?

(69 messages to go)
Activity: 121
Is there any documentation avail yet on how to use the XChat feature?  Sorry if already asked, I could not find.

1. On the "Receive Coins" tab, create a new address and label it "Chat" or something.

2. Copy your address and paste it into the "from" field on the "Messages" tab (use the "paste" icon to the right of the field).

3. Copy someone's address and paste it into the "to" field (use the icon again).

5. Write a message.

ok, i've totally been resisting technology for MANY moons but with the hope of a TOR stick signed by Dan i find myself up for the headache ...i did #1, don't see a messages tab, under "receive coins" i hit "sign message" tab but don't see "from", "to", and "key" fields ...sorry, plz advise.

You need to be on the latest test wallet that actually has a messages tab at the top.
thought i did, downloaded from arlyns "download xchat" link this morning. under programs it looks like i have version 2.47d ...downloads on xc website are not self explanatory considering my technological ineptitude.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Guys, why would you reveal your xchat identity on a forum when the whole deal is that it is anonymous.

I was under the impression nothing is added to the blockchain. Further, I wouldn't chat with my primary addresses that hold funds anyway.

Yes XChat does not use the blockchain because that wouldn't be very private. Imagine someone got your private key at any point in the future? - even long after you'd deleted your address or even your wallet, any message system that stores messages in the blockchain would willingly yield your private communication to any hacker.

For privacy with XChat, you should create new addresses to chat from at will, and delete them when necessary.

Once deleted, they're completely gone. Easy.

Today I will play a whale too.

I will be dumping (deleting) my 700+ Posts in this topic.. Haha good luck reaching page 1000

Wink
lol

72 messages before post 20000 (page 1000)
Activity: 126
Today I will play a whale too.

I will be dumping (deleting) my 700+ Posts in this topic.. Haha good luck reaching page 1000

Wink JK
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Why do I have the feeling something really great is going to happen once we hit 1000 pages Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

Activity: 163
legendary
Almost at page 1000 folks...

***Win an XC TOR Stick signed by Dan Metcalf!***

Here's your chance to win the industry-leading privacy tool signed by its incredible developer!

How to win:

When the XC Bitcointalk thread reaches page 1000, do the following:

1) Use XChat to send a message to:
       Address:     XDzTA6xMsx1FJkitgKaj3S9mMvPQEzN4w9
       Public key:  eRyb6fBBZxfkVp1kLcgc81WQuZw8pgpPwkVfKNhJBHBC

(If you don't have XChat yet, download it here.)

2) Post the address you sent the message from onto the Official XC Forum here.

3) Put your XChat address and public key into your Bitcointalk signature.

Since XChat is not yet released for Mac and Linux, users can alternatively send a micropayment to the address above, and then post their sending address on the Official XC Forum as described.

The competition will run for 24 hours from the time of the first post on page 1000.

The winner will be decided upon by a suitably random method. If needs be, a video or other means of proof will be posted to establish the randomness of the selection.

The signed TOR Stick will be shipped to the winner at the earliest possible date. This may be in advance of TOR Sticks being shipped to the general public.

legendary
"Shake em out, thats what it's all about"

Heh. Let him shake. XC investors are made of steel by now.

Someone will eat that sell wall happily if it sticks around long enough.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

5. Write a message.

Activity: 126
"Shake em out, thats what it's all about"
Jump to: