Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 651. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
Back from weekend away guys, all I see is good news, why did the price retrace? In a nutshell?

Cheers all.

Because we had an update.

when's that whale gonna starve?!! Sad

When volume picks up...
Just sit back and filter feed on more when you can.
Hopefully price stays low for a few more weeks so I can add a few thousand to my meager holdings.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
It's about time XC releases some exciting news, I'd say.  Grin

The chance to get a TOR Stick before anyone else isn't exciting?

["No," RW-Stott might reply, "the undisclosed Rev 2 privacy feature is exciting."]

;-)

Wink it could also be some real world adoption type news. What ever happened to our two guys from the XC foundation? What are they doing? We haven't heard from them since that one day they were introduced...

Yes, would be interested in this too. Are they actively working for the XC project, if yes, what are they doing, or are they supporting just by their names and their influence in ATM related stuff? I mean, not that this wouldn t be enough, but scott is right, they have never been seen again since introduction.

Their support of XC is more indirect than, say, mine of Dan's. Attracting investors, rolling out ATMs, etc. is their thing.

A lot of that stuff needs to be confidential, for obvious reasons, so don't expect frequent updates on this front.

But of course I'll fill you all in when I get news.

legendary
Back from weekend away guys, all I see is good news, why did the price retrace? In a nutshell?

Cheers all.

It was a minor dump, relatively speaking. I don't think it was that whale because it wasn't a dump on our news. It just looked like regular old price action for the most part.

In fact, of late there's been no sign of the whale.

sfc
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
It's about time XC releases some exciting news, I'd say.  Grin

["No," RW-Stott might reply, "the undisclosed Rev 2 privacy feature is exciting."]

;-)

Wink it could also be some real world adoption type news. What ever happened to our two guys from the XC foundation? What are they doing? We haven't heard from them since that one day they were introduced...

Yes, would be interested in this too. Are they actively working for the XC project, if yes, what are they doing, or are they supporting just by their names and their influence in ATM related stuff? I mean, not that this wouldn t be enough, but scott is right, they have never been seen again since introduction.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Cheers all.

legendary
the final XChat needs some sort of notification (maybe color change or small icon) when a message is received/read.

It definitely will have notifications.

That is great,

but have another request/question for the XChat, do we really need the address and the public key as destination?
After all, its not called a public key for nothing

I have some clarification on this:

The public key is used to encrypt messages sent to a given address. So you need it if you want the message to be private.

Here's a summary of the mechanism:

- User A‏ wants to send a message to user B‏
   - User A gets public key‏ of user B‏
   - User A encrypts a packet which has his own public key and sends to user B‏
   - Only user B can decrypt‏, since the private key of user B is required‏ to decode a message encrypted with user B's public key‏
   - Now user B has user A's public key, and can encrypt and send back‏ a message.

So addresses are analogous to phone numbers, and in order to secure the communication, a public key is needed.

Well, this sounds like an awesome invention. How do you figger out all these new technological improvements?

Two words: DAN METCALF

Activity: 158
lol I just saw conrad had entered so I entered.  Didn't even look at the page number.  Guess I'll try again in a little while.

Yeah, I jumped the gun.  I'm all set now for page 1000.  Smiley

5 more !!!

Let's try to reach 1000 today!!!

What page was that again?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
the final XChat needs some sort of notification (maybe color change or small icon) when a message is received/read.

That is great,

but have another request/question for the XChat, do we really need the address and the public key as destination?

The public key is used to encrypt messages sent to a given address. So you need it if you want the message to be private.

- Only user B can decrypt‏, since the private key of user B is required‏ to decode a message encrypted with user B's public key‏

So addresses are analogous to phone numbers, and in order to secure the communication, a public key is needed.

Well, this sounds like an awesome invention. How do you figger out all these new technological improvements?
Activity: 98

Lastly, as a little surprise, we’re proud to unveil XC’s promotional video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00WyuTm5jvQ&feature=youtu.be

I was looking at the website and the progress that has been made when I took another look at the promotional video.  The Dev team is knocking out the roadmap and delivering and the video shows more exciting developments in the future.  It's nice to know this coin has a professional and experienced dev team that continues to deliver. 
Activity: 602
Merit: 252

***Win an XC TOR Stick signed by Dan Metcalf!***

Here's your chance to win the industry-leading privacy tool signed by its incredible developer!

How to win:

When the XC Bitcointalk thread reaches page 1000, do the following:

1) Use XChat to send a message to:
       Address:     XDzTA6xMsx1FJkitgKaj3S9mMvPQEzN4w9
       Public key:  eRyb6fBBZxfkVp1kLcgc81WQuZw8pgpPwkVfKNhJBHBC

(If you don't have XChat yet, download it here.)

2) Post the address you sent the message from onto the Official XC Forum here.

3) Put your XChat address and public key into your Bitcointalk signature.

Since XChat is not yet released for Mac and Linux, users can alternatively send a micropayment to the address above, and then post their sending address on the Official XC Forum as described.

The competition will run for 24 hours from the time of the first post on page 1000.

The winner will be decided upon by a suitably random method. If needs be, a video or other means of proof will be posted to establish the randomness of the selection.

The signed TOR Stick will be shipped to the winner at the earliest possible date. This may be in advance of TOR Sticks being shipped to the general public.

The 1000th page will be reached by today!!!
legendary

That is great,

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
lol I just saw conrad had entered so I entered.  Didn't even look at the page number.  Guess I'll try again in a little while.

5 more !!!

Let's try to reach 1000 today!!!
Activity: 840

5 more !!!
Activity: 158

legendary

Indeed. Let's just say we almost always wait until something is real before announcing it.

But stay tuned for the XC Daily Update later today.

Cool. Thanks synechist, always appreciate your active presence on this thread. Looking forward to the XC daily update!

Only a pleasure. This community gets better and better by the week.

It's about time XC releases some exciting news, I'd say.  Grin

;-)

Indeed. Let's just say we almost always wait until something is real before announcing it.

Cool. Thanks synechist, always appreciate your active presence on this thread. Looking forward to the XC daily update!
legendary

;-)

Activity: 70

Cheers all.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Cheers all.

;-)

Jump to: