Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 652. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
the final XChat needs some sort of notification (maybe color change or small icon) when a message is received/read.

It definitely will have notifications.

That is great,

but have another request/question for the XChat, do we really need the address and the public key as destination?
After all, its not called a public key for nothing

I've wondered about this myself. The address is just a hash of the public key after all.

I'll get back to you on that one... no doubt there's a good reason for it.

Think its not needed, added your XChat address to my addressbook and can copy your Public Key from there.
If it's that simple am sure the new interface will do it automagically

That's my guess.

Also we should be able to use compressed addresses. That'll make things a little friendlier as well.

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
lol I just saw conrad had entered so I entered.  Didn't even look at the page number.  Guess I'll try again in a little while.
Activity: 978
Merit: 250
the final XChat needs some sort of notification (maybe color change or small icon) when a message is received/read.

That is great,

but have another request/question for the XChat, do we really need the address and the public key as destination?

I've wondered about this myself. The address is just a hash of the public key after all.

Think its not needed, added your XChat address to my addressbook and can copy your Public Key from there.
If it's that simple am sure the new interface will do it automagically
legendary
It's about time XC releases some exciting news, I'd say.  Grin

The chance to get a TOR Stick before anyone else isn't exciting?

["No," RW-Stott might reply, "the undisclosed Rev 2 privacy feature is exciting."]

;-)

Activity: 308
It's about time XC releases some exciting news, I'd say.  Grin
legendary
Entered!

Except we're still only on page 994. Competition opens on page 1000. ;-)
legendary
If a user is unable to fit their Xchat info into their sig space for member rank reasons, would this prevent eligibility for the tor stick contest?

No. But that would be surprising.

Surprise! I can't fit it in my sig space :/.   But thanks for the reply Smiley

Ha ha. Perhaps just write "XChat: [address] PM for pubkey" then.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

***Win an XC TOR Stick signed by Dan Metcalf!***

Here's your chance to win the industry-leading privacy tool signed by its incredible developer!

How to win:

When the XC Bitcointalk thread reaches page 1000, do the following:

1) Use XChat to send a message to:
       Address:     XDzTA6xMsx1FJkitgKaj3S9mMvPQEzN4w9
       Public key:  eRyb6fBBZxfkVp1kLcgc81WQuZw8pgpPwkVfKNhJBHBC

(If you don't have XChat yet, download it here.)

2) Post the address you sent the message from onto the Official XC Forum here.

3) Put your XChat address and public key into your Bitcointalk signature.

Since XChat is not yet released for Mac and Linux, users can alternatively send a micropayment to the address above, and then post their sending address on the Official XC Forum as described.

The competition will run for 24 hours from the time of the first post on page 1000.

The winner will be decided upon by a suitably random method. If needs be, a video or other means of proof will be posted to establish the randomness of the selection.

The signed TOR Stick will be shipped to the winner at the earliest possible date. This may be in advance of TOR Sticks being shipped to the general public.

Entered! - edit: Dangit! (not page 1000).
Activity: 166
“What can’t kill Bitcoin, makes it (us) stronger.”
If a user is unable to fit their Xchat info into their sig space for member rank reasons, would this prevent eligibility for the tor stick contest?

Surprise! I can't fit it in my sig space :/.   But thanks for the reply Smiley
legendary

That is great,

legendary

That is great,

Activity: 404
https://nxtforum.org/
i just realised i need to register in xctalk to participate. i registered but it says members needs to be reviewed or something, how long does it take, i don't want to miss the promotion.

Teka will approve you. Funny... I thought they'd disabled moderation. There must've been a problem with spam.

The competition runs for 24 hours though.

Teka is sleeping i guess.  Can't post anything on xctalk until then.
Community Stats
Group Validating

i'll come back tomorrow.
Activity: 166
“What can’t kill Bitcoin, makes it (us) stronger.”
Activity: 322

and skinning/themes UI?

I'm not really sure at the moment. I don't see why not.

Though when XC goes mobile the "skinning" paradigm will be replaced with colour themes/whatever mobile OSes support in terms of customisation.

Yes, that sounds good.  It's all about the bling to attract more users to XC. Smiley
legendary

and skinning/themes UI?

I'm not really sure at the moment. I don't see why not.

Though when XC goes mobile the "skinning" paradigm will be replaced with colour themes/whatever mobile OSes support in terms of customisation.

Activity: 322

and skinning/themes UI?
legendary

I just sent you the 2, you did not receive mine?

They were.......

Xchatting you:-)
and
Did you receive?
I see a lot of msgs like this, think the final XChat needs some sort of notification (maybe color change or small icon) when a message is received/read.

Activity: 378
I'm really looking forwards to seeing what you guys come up with over the next few months. You seem to have a great team in place.
Jump to: