Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 656. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Is there any documentation avail yet on how to use the XChat feature?  Sorry if already asked, I could not find.

1. On the "Receive Coins" tab, create a new address and label it "Chat" or something.

2. Copy your address and paste it into the "from" field on the "Messages" tab (use the "paste" icon to the right of the field).

3. Copy someone's address and paste it into the "to" field (use the icon again).

4. Copy someone's public key and paste it into the "key" field.

5. Write a message.

P.S. Fully unlock your app before doing all this.
legendary
Ok folks, I'm off to bed. It's like 1:45am here.

I'm receiving (anticipatory) XChat messages from people so all is well.

PM me if you have any issues.

Best of luck in the competition!

legendary
Activity: 1260
Is there any documentation avail yet on how to use the XChat feature?  Sorry if already asked, I could not find.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

***Win an XC TOR Stick signed by Dan Metcalf!***

Here's your chance to win the industry-leading privacy tool signed by its incredible developer!

How to win:

When the XC Bitcointalk thread reaches page 1000, do the following:

1) Use XChat to send a message to:
       Address:     XDzTA6xMsx1FJkitgKaj3S9mMvPQEzN4w9
       Public key:  eRyb6fBBZxfkVp1kLcgc81WQuZw8pgpPwkVfKNhJBHBC

(If you don't have XChat yet, download it here.)

2) Post the address you sent the message from onto the Official XC Forum here.

3) Put your XChat address and public key into your Bitcointalk signature.

Since XChat is not yet released for Mac and Linux, users can alternatively send a micropayment to the address above, and then post their sending address on the Official XC Forum as described.

The competition will run for 24 hours from the time of the first post on page 1000.

The winner will be decided upon by a suitably random method. If needs be, a video or other means of proof will be posted to establish the randomness of the selection.

The signed TOR Stick will be shipped to the winner at the earliest possible date. This may be in advance of TOR Sticks being shipped to the general public.

Wow.  I want a personally signed XC TOR Stick by Dan!  Smiley
legendary
Can I just download the new wallet and it will automatically update?  Or should I move my coins, delete the old one and then download the new one.

I'm not that tech illiterate, I just want to be careful...I have enough coins that I would like to be over cautious...

You should always maintain a backup of both your wallet.dat and your private keys. Instructions are here.

This way, you can just download and run new updates without worrying.

In addition, whenever you make a payment you should use coin control to specify an address for change to be sent to. Otherwise a change address will be created and you'll then have to back it up too.

Interesting last point, assume the XC qt also has a key pool of 100. But xnode usage will start using more change addresses before you know it. Especially with many small transactions.
Eg.  Running an xnode requires special backup considerations. I go start mine with a large --keypool parameters before next backup to be sure

Indeed. Once people start using private transactions there'll be a lot of change floating about.

I've suggested that future wallets (i.e. when the new UI comes out) automatically return change to the sending address unless specified.

If this isn't implemented then something sensible will be.

legendary
Yeah, my apologies....I missed that part.  
Activity: 978
Can I just download the new wallet and it will automatically update?  Or should I move my coins, delete the old one and then download the new one.

I'm not that tech illiterate, I just want to be careful...I have enough coins that I would like to be over cautious...

You should always maintain a backup of both your wallet.dat and your private keys. Instructions are here.

In addition, whenever you make a payment you should use coin control to specify an address for change to be sent to. Otherwise a change address will be created and you'll then have to back it up too.

Interesting last point, assume the XC qt also has a key pool of 100. But xnode usage will start using more change addresses before you know it. Especially with many small transactions.
Eg.  Running an xnode requires special backup considerations. I go start mine with a large --keypool parameters before next backup to be sure

legendary
Hey man........I could be wrong, but this may be breaking this forum's new "giveaway" rules for which they are currently banning people for doing.  I think that having people post their addresses here may get us into trouble. 

People post their addresses on the official forum, not on Bitcointalk. :-)

legendary

Here's your chance to win the industry-leading privacy tool signed by its incredible developer!

How to win:

Since XChat is not yet released for Mac and Linux, users can alternatively send a micropayment to the address above, and then post their sending address on the Official XC Forum as described.

The competition will run for 24 hours from the time of the first post on page 1000.

The winner will be decided upon by a suitably random method. If needs be, a video or other means of proof will be posted to establish the randomness of the selection.

The signed TOR Stick will be shipped to the winner at the earliest possible date. This may be in advance of TOR Sticks being shipped to the general public.

Hey man........I could be wrong, but this may be breaking this forum's new "giveaway" rules for which they are currently banning people for doing.  I think that having people post their addresses here may get us into trouble. 
legendary

How to win:

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Can I just download the new wallet and it will automatically update?  Or should I move my coins, delete the old one and then download the new one.

Thank you...Smiley

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Good point.

While we're on this topic, nothing prevents people sending multiple chat messages from multiple addresses.

If people have to identify themselves here (or in a chat message), they can use multiple Bitcointalk accounts.

Hmm... I'm now gravitating toward a "whoever sends first" idea again.

Two options:

- Make it a 24 hour competition, but give forum trolls an advantage due to entrants having to identify their messages/payments in this thread.

- Make it a "whoever sends first" competition, and disadvantage whoever's offline at post 1000.

What do you all think?

"whoever sends first" would cause a lot of F5 buttons to go up in flames  Grin Grin

What about a 0.1 XC participation fee and if revenues exceed expectations you can give out 2 or 3 signed sticks.
It would be kind of a special edition XC-stick lottery.  Wink

A donation would make selecting a winner easy, the lowest transaction hash to number wins. But what is the link to XChat that way?

If linux/mac wallet with working xchat would be ready by the time we see page 1000 xchat would be my #1 choice to do this, but i think we're going to be there to soon.  Roll Eyes

Ok, so no Xchat yet for Mac?
Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Good point.

While we're on this topic, nothing prevents people sending multiple chat messages from multiple addresses.

If people have to identify themselves here (or in a chat message), they can use multiple Bitcointalk accounts.

Hmm... I'm now gravitating toward a "whoever sends first" idea again.

Two options:

- Make it a 24 hour competition, but give forum trolls an advantage due to entrants having to identify their messages/payments in this thread.

- Make it a "whoever sends first" competition, and disadvantage whoever's offline at post 1000.

What do you all think?

"whoever sends first" would cause a lot of F5 buttons to go up in flames  Grin Grin

What about a 0.1 XC participation fee and if revenues exceed expectations you can give out 2 or 3 signed sticks.
It would be kind of a special edition XC-stick lottery.  Wink

A donation would make selecting a winner easy, the lowest transaction hash to number wins. But what is the link to XChat that way?

If linux/mac wallet with working xchat would be ready by the time we see page 1000 xchat would be my #1 choice to do this, but i think we're going to be there to soon.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 261
legendary
Arlyn... just sent a message. Did you receive it?

Yeah, just replied now.
Activity: 261
Arlyn... just sent a message. Did you receive it?
legendary
Er okay how the hell do I use chat LOL.

See now this crap is starting to get way in front of me and I fear the less tech savy might struggle with this hehe.... "cough".

haha , i feel ya, since crypto i know how my grandma feels watching me use my smartphone.
The UI is comming so we don't have to deal with the hieroglyphs much longer.  Cheesy

Yeah Now I am starting to feel old. I was booting computers off floppies when I was in grade school... microwaves were starting to become common in houses, ect ect. My boys seem to easily navigate on tech like its always "been there".... where as I fumble around with many new things. Should see me on a iPad lutz!

Ha!  Right there with ya buddy!!  Sounds like we are right about the same age:-)

Bet you old farts had to play outside and also used rotary phones when you were little too:-p

HA!  Yeah, busted me.......it was miserable doing crank calls on one of those:-)
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

See now this crap is starting to get way in front of me and I fear the less tech savy might struggle with this hehe.... "cough".

haha , i feel ya, since crypto i know how my grandma feels watching me use my smartphone.
The UI is comming so we don't have to deal with the hieroglyphs much longer.  Cheesy

Yeah Now I am starting to feel old. I was booting computers off floppies when I was in grade school... microwaves were starting to become common in houses, ect ect. My boys seem to easily navigate on tech like its always "been there".... where as I fumble around with many new things. Should see me on a iPad lutz!

Ha!  Right there with ya buddy!!  Sounds like we are right about the same age:-)

Bet you old farts had to play outside and also used rotary phones when you were little too:-p
legendary

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

Jump to: