Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1556. (Read 4670622 times)

kbm
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hey is anyone else using bitcoinwisdom to check out the charts for the price data? I can't get information from before July from them looking at the poloniex chart .. but the coin has information on poloniex dating all the way back to May 19, when it was listed. I'm just wondering if I'm using the site wrong, or if this information's missing from the site?
Activity: 93
Welcome to the new monero mining pool, the first pool with IP filtration http://moneropool-ip.com
Pool announcements are forbidden by new bitcointalk.org rules.

You can post on #monero-pools but not here anymore.

Also, for something completely different:
I created #monero-fr. This is intented for French-speaking users who have a hard time writing or even reading the English IRC chans. This is not meant to divide the community so if you read and write English well enough to participate on the usual IRC channels, please continue to do so (you can also come to -fr, but this is complementary, not as a replacement).

I encourage other non-native English speakers to create a channel for their language too, with the same caveat as for FR.

Adding to that, I created #monero-ger for all persons capable of speaking german. As David already mentioned, please stay active in #monero, but if you want to talk about germany-specific topics or just want to use your native language, hit it!
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Welcome to the new monero mining pool, the first pool with IP filtration http://moneropool-ip.com
Pool announcements are forbidden by new bitcointalk.org rules.

You can post on #monero-pools but not here anymore.

Also, for something completely different:
I created #monero-fr. This is intented for French-speaking users who have a hard time writing or even reading the English IRC chans. This is not meant to divide the community so if you read and write English well enough to participate on the usual IRC channels, please continue to do so (you can also come to -fr, but this is complementary, not as a replacement).

I encourage other non-native English speakers to create a channel for their language too, with the same caveat as for FR.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
So its just do you want to donate to adam specifically, or to everyone who owns bitcoin?
Ummmm...  No.  Was it a trick question?

Say there are 10 dollars in existence. Alice owns 2, bob owns 5, and charlie owns 3. If alice throws her 2 dollars in the volcano, than there are only 8 dollars left in existance. Those 8 dollars are now chasing all of the exact same goods and services in the real economy as the previous 10. That means they will buy 20% more things and are 20% more valuable. A given dollar, all things being equal, has been made 20% more valuable than it was before. Measured in the value of dollars previous to alice throwing her dollars in the volcano, he has become 1 dollar wealthier (5*0.2=1).  Measured in the value of dollars previous to alice throwing her dollars in the volcano charlie has become $0.6 wealthier.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
So its just do you want to donate to adam specifically, or to everyone who owns bitcoin?
Ummmm...  No.  Was it a trick question?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Reasons to not become stupidly inflationary: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/dogecoin-community-burning-currency-dogeparty/2014/08/14
I'm lmaoing all these months doge tried to fight basic economic laws, a warn to the any future coin.
whats next? doge sacrifices?  Cheesy

Proof of burn is not really a new concept. Some quite like it. Adam Lavine proposed to use a "proof of donation" instead, to get the same result but avoid waste of resources.

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of economics on adams part. Burn is no more wasting than donations, its only a question of who the bitcoins are being donated to. By burning the bitcoins you are donating the value that they represent to every holder of bitcoin in proportion to his relative holdings. Its the opposite of money printing which steals value in proportion to peoples relative holdings. So its just do you want to donate to adam specifically, or to everyone who owns bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Reasons to not become stupidly inflationary: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/dogecoin-community-burning-currency-dogeparty/2014/08/14
I'm lmaoing all these months doge tried to fight basic economic laws, a warn to the any future coin.
whats next? doge sacrifices?  Cheesy

Proof of burn is not really a new concept. Some quite like it. Adam Lavine proposed to use a "proof of donation" instead, to get the same result but avoid waste of resources.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
-snip-

Please don't advertise your pool in this thread, this is no longer allowed: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/advertising-spam-is-not-allowed-718124
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

Our pool have an unique IP filtration system for best DDoS protection!
Just enter static IP address of your mining PC and press "Add my IP" to start mining.

DDoS network attacks protection is based on the usage of a series of filters that are connected to the Internet channel with a sufficiently large bandwidth.
These filters grant access only for IP in exceptions list.
In order to proceed minig on our pool you have to know what type of Ip-address do you have - static or dynamic.
If it's static then you just enter IP address of your mining PC and press "Add my IP" to start mining.
If it's not - then you must get the service through your ISP.
At the end you must configure your mining app (see Getting Started) to our pool.
Forum

Due to opening our pool we announce an action:
everybody who has connected to pool with hashrate 5kh - bonus 1xmr
with hashrate 10kh - bonus 2xmr
with hashrate 15kh - bonus 3xmr
and so on.
If you provide minig with that hashrate about 24 hours i'll transfer you promised fee. Just write me a wallet number!

There is a Monero mining thread for these posts.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-mining-653467

5-15kh, really?  I would be solo mining.   What is a good CPU like 250 H/s?
legendary
Bitcoin looks like it might go down past $500.

It already did.  I see strong support in the 440-460 range.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bitcoin looks like it might go down past $500.
legendary
lost 20% because XMR and BTC both dropped

IMO: In the long-run XMR won't participate in BTC's downside, but will participate in BTC's upside.  In the short-run, the opposite will usually be true, until an inevitable, short, sharp correction.  That's the nature of jump-diffusion processes.

This is already happening, XMR is hodling its BTC value pretty tightly.

That is what I would consider participating in BTC's downside.
Activity: 75
When can when can we look forward to the next installment of Fireside or Monero Missives? The herd is getting restless  Grin
legendary
lost 20% because XMR and BTC both dropped

IMO: In the long-run XMR won't participate in BTC's downside, but will participate in BTC's upside.  In the short-run, the opposite will usually be true, until an inevitable, short, sharp correction.  That's the nature of jump-diffusion processes.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
So i am back from holidays. Anyone wanna tell me what has happened in the last 15 days? I need a fast update before i start reading everything Smiley

Also whats up with bitcoin price?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Well gonna try that again. In the meantime already lost 20% because XMR and BTC both dropped

We are all going bankrupt. LIK DIS IF YOU CRY EVERTIM!

Bankrupt 5EVA because 5 is bigger than 4
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
It's been over a week now and all they do is respons one time on a ticket and they say they are going to solve this as soon as possible, and then you never hear anything from them.
Same here, but I just asked in chat and they fixed within 5 minutes.

Well gonna try that again. In the meantime already lost 20% because XMR and BTC both dropped
To be fair, you didn't follow the instructions and sent without payment id. I don't think a week is unreasonable time to wait for a claim on funds.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
It's been over a week now and all they do is respons one time on a ticket and they say they are going to solve this as soon as possible, and then you never hear anything from them.

We are all going bankrupt. LIK DIS IF YOU CRY EVERTIM!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I just transfered my XMR to Poloniex (from BTER) because they have more volume to trade, but apparently forgot a payment ID. What is this crap? Is there a way to retrieve my XMR?? Hope so... If not this is the last time I'll trade XMR, what a nonsense...

It should be OK. Poloniex received your money, but without payment ID just do not  know that it's yours.

Try to contact Poloniex support and provide some information about your transaction. How much you have transferred and at what time. If it's not enough you can also try to ask BTER support about the trasaction ID of this transfer.

Never had such a bad customer support as with Poloniex. It's been over a week now and all they do is respons one time on a ticket and they say they are going to solve this as soon as possible, and then you never hear anything from them. Poloniex is fine when everything works but please watch out everybody and don't get in a situation where you need help from them  Angry Angry Angry

I agree, I've had to file 2 different tickets since I've been there. My first was for XMR withdrawal that showed complete but wasn't in blockchain and that took over a week. The second was for an Aeon deposit and that took 4 days I believe.
Jump to: