Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1558. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

You still haven't addressed the issue I brought above concerning go wish upthread. It is impossible for far go to sustain orthogonal relationships with technological irregularities above the limit of up decided one to have used it or not.

I have already solved the problem on that goes until.

But I am far too busy to elucidate where half as much will go from far decision space on a parabolic axis.

• Far to go more.
  • Power consumtion not you?
  • Orthagonal elucidation.
  • I already did it!

Alas I must rest for a week now, but before I go I want to remind you not to forget what I haven't talked about yet.
I think you're missing the point. there are indices yet to address which we need to factor into the vertex manipulation which will no doubt result in a bilateral view of this whole predicament. In layman's terms, we should direct our energy toward the pruning of such ridiculous hyperbole from an otherwise unique technical and scientific standpoint in order to progress and further our collective understanding of each node of an otherwise complex and fragmented system element.

I think what you are saying is we may have drifted a little too far off topic.  And I think this is true.

That was an artful double troll up there though.

Or you could just keep on going and become the second meme-speak-coin after Doge....
(Honestly, this chaos-talk is pretty fun  Wink )
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
How is Monero doing these days?  had sold all at the peak.

~CfA~
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Admin of DwarfPool.com
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I'm having issues compiling monerod. This is what it spits out after compiling using Ubuntu VM 14.04 with boost 1.56. It fully compiled but running ./bitmonerod gives me this:

2014-Aug-13 16:00:47.519609 Starting...
2014-Aug-13 16:00:47.520657 bitmonero v0.8.8.1()
2014-Aug-13 16:00:47.520777 Module folder: ./bitmonerod
2014-Aug-13 16:00:47.521277 Initializing p2p server...
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any ideas? I had no issues when on Ubuntu 13 but after the update it was complaining about 1.53 and I know the stock 1.54 boost wasn't compatible with bitmonero and other cryptonote coins.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Well, the thing is, we don't want the daemon making non-p2p connections unless explicitly allowed by the user, so checking via the web is a no-go.

Ah, OK. You know better...

What we *can* do is add functionality where if > 58% of connected peers (ie. 7 of the standard 12 max) are on a newer version, notify the user that a new version is available. Peers can indicate the last mandatory version, too, and if you're on a version < that version the daemon can pump out lots of warnings, and simplewallet can have an additional confirmation dialog for every transaction before sending.

So there are possible solutions Smiley

I'm impressed of the fast response and the fact you indeed thought of possible solutions. WTG!
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
It's not the first currency where I tell this: one of the first features of a wallet should be to check, at least at start-up, if it's outdated and tell the user to update. There will always be 2 version numbers available: last known version and last mandatory version.
It's not difficult to implement and even the command line wallet can have that check.

Ohwell, maybe in the next version Smiley

Well, the thing is, we don't want the daemon making non-p2p connections unless explicitly allowed by the user, so checking via the web is a no-go. What we *can* do is add functionality where if > 58% of connected peers (ie. 7 of the standard 12 max) are on a newer version, notify the user that a new version is available. Peers can indicate the last mandatory version, too, and if you're on a version < that version the daemon can pump out lots of warnings, and simplewallet can have an additional confirmation dialog for every transaction before sending.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
It's not the first currency where I tell this: one of the first features of a wallet should be to check, at least at start-up, if it's outdated and tell the user to update. There will always be 2 version numbers available: last known version and last mandatory version.
It's not difficult to implement and even the command line wallet can have that check.

Ohwell, maybe in the next version Smiley
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Pools: XMR.HashInvest.net
I want to study this further...

I get concerned with quick changes and 'mandatory' updates....

With good reason based on experience.

The mandatory update is pretty old now. It is mandatory because the old versions used a fixed TX fee much too small to prevent dust and spamming. If you tried to use an old version, no miner would take your transaction. This also helps blockchain size.

Many people still running outdated clients. I see such transactions in daemon logs several times per day so far.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Activity: 263

The mandatory update is pretty old now. It is mandatory because the old versions used a fixed TX fee much too small to prevent dust and spamming. If you tried to use an old version, no miner would take your transaction. This also helps blockchain size.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Wow what happened to the hashrate on moneropool.com?  Shocked

From their front page:

08-13: Pool upgrade in progress. Mining works fine in background. Stats back at ~ 03:00 UTC.

LOL I'm such an idiot for not checking the main page.  Thanks for the info!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
For sure,  but will take a look at what incorporated trade escrow service is promising

If you are referring to multisig which enables on-chain escrow, that will definitely be supported in Monero. Whether or not the other project's code turns out to be useful or if we implement it another way remains to be seen.

If you are referring to something other than multisig, please explain because I'm not aware of a specific trade escrow feature being promised.
Activity: 32
Merit: 10
For sure,  but will take a look at what incorporated trade escrow service is promising
legendary
Hi dev, have tou seen the last news about bytecoin, news in the dev seems interesting, will it be incorporated in monero soon ?

Our strategy is always to evaluate changes and features from the other cryptonote-derived coins and decide ourselves whether to incorporate those changes more or less unchanged, incorporate them in modified form, or not incorporate them at all.

Activity: 32
Merit: 10
Hi dev, have tou seen the last news about bytecoin, news in the dev seems interesting, will it be incorporated in monero soon ?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

From their front page:

08-13: Pool upgrade in progress. Mining works fine in background. Stats back at ~ 03:00 UTC.
legendary
Wow, check out [daily shitcoin] guys... first full mobile wallet that supports staking, p2p encrypted messaging, and stealth transfers.  

Why are you spamming?
Activity: 308
Wow, check out ShadowCoin guys... first full mobile wallet that supports staking, p2p encrypted messaging, and stealth transfers. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8321871
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Jump to: