Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1564. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Can anyone help me?
I`m mining XMR here - http://moneropool.com/

My wallet has a status "Ready" and Connections "12 peers".

In accordance with my stats at that pool I must receive 3.3+ XMR, but it is already second day and they are still not in my wallet. I`ve checked transactions here - http://monerochain.info by my wallet address and there is no transactions in direction of my address.

How can that be?
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
there was a 5620 XMR dumped on bittrex right down to .003 this morning

I have bought some when the value was about .0045, do you think it will recover or I should sell now and take the loss?

I'm not sure, I'm not selling, but it is disappointing to see a strong coin like Monero fall like this. What does it say? That the market is not interested in strong coins at all? But the market is more interested in fluff?

It seems the folly of man is going to be our downside, not any issue with Monero itself.

Dark times.

In the whole history of Cryptocurrencies that has in fact been the same. Prices and markets are always driven by short term profit, that is to say the real weight of money is looking for that.

'Investment' in true value and utility is a much longer game, much smaller capital, and it often suffers from the ebbs and flows of profiteers.

It has always been thus with stocks, commodities etc.. Without the markets, new ideas would not be funded : price paid.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

I have bought some when the value was about .0045, do you think it will recover or I should sell now and take the loss?

I'm not sure, I'm not selling, but it is disappointing to see a strong coin like Monero fall like this. What does it say? That the market is not interested in strong coins at all? But the market is more interested in fluff?

It seems the folly of man is going to be our downside, not any issue with Monero itself.

Dark times.

I'm no good at TA or anything like that, but I can tell you that price movements are part of the market, and so is market manipulation. It only takes a kitty of a couple of hundred BTC to control the XMR trading market right now, so you can't take price shifts as indicative of anything. I mean, let's not forget that Bitcoin's flash crashes have typically settled at 50% of the high before the crash, with the worse taking Bitcoin's value down by 80% in seconds in February of this year.

The only time one should pronounce Monero as dead is if we (the core team) suspend development and walk away. The price genuinely doesn't matter to the core team, and it shouldn't matter to anyone who views Monero as having long-term potential. That long-term potential will take many months to be realised, and it will require a lot of the current efforts to fall into place before utility and usefulness can grow.
This is also a wider phenomenon for the entire altcoin market.

Just check out Peercoin, though not offering privacy, has a lot going for it:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/ppc/btc/btc-e/6-months
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Dark times.

I'm no good at TA or anything like that, but I can tell you that price movements are part of the market, and so is market manipulation. It only takes a kitty of a couple of hundred BTC to control the XMR trading market right now, so you can't take price shifts as indicative of anything. I mean, let's not forget that Bitcoin's flash crashes have typically settled at 50% of the high before the crash, with the worse taking Bitcoin's value down by 80% in seconds in February of this year.

The only time one should pronounce Monero as dead is if we (the core team) suspend development and walk away. The price genuinely doesn't matter to the core team, and it shouldn't matter to anyone who views Monero as having long-term potential. That long-term potential will take many months to be realised, and it will require a lot of the current efforts to fall into place before utility and usefulness can grow.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Dark times.
Activity: 249
Now that Anoncoin and Monero are working together at http://privacysolutions.no/, I just thought that I would mention that there are two bounties concerning cryptocurrency anonymity being offered at Anoncoin that might interest people here.

The first is for writing an online article that describes the major privacy/anonymity solutions that are currently available, such as stealth addresses, coinjoin, darksend, ring signatures, zerocoin, and zerocash.

The other is for writing an online article that describes how I2P and Tor are a necessary part of keeping cryptocurrency transactions anonymous.

One of the problems that we are all facing is that there is a lot of confusion and smoke and mirrors concerning "anonymous" cryptocurrencies. It is probably safe to say that the majority of people aren't capable of evaluating the claims that are being made. These two articles would offer a good opportunity to educate people about the various solutions that are being offered.

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Bounties
btw, there is no requirement to mention either Anoncoin or Monero.

Cheers,

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
thanks guys!guess ill switch pools.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Hi i just started mining monero.can i solo mine using gpu?if not..whats the best pool to use?

Solo mining is currently CPU only.

See list of pools in first post of this thread.

I tried solo mining monero overnight using this pool http://xmr.farm/ ,about 7 hrs, I dont get any xmr at all.Is this normal?

Pending Balance: 0.000000000000 XMR
 Total Paid: 0.000000000000 XMR
 Last Share Submitted: about an hour ago
 Hash Rate: 0 H/sec
 Total Hashes Submitted: 4079880

Slow pony but I'll post this anyway. 

You either solo mine or mine on a pool. 
I just checked your pool's site and the last block they found was 3 days ago and you wont be paid till they find a block and you will get paid according to the percentage of hashes you contributed to the pool during time it took them to find a block.  They  finding a block on average every 4 days.  Using a small pool means you get paid less often but when you get paid it is a larger amount compared to a large pool.  On average it is the same.  With the pool I'm on the average for finding a block is ~15 hrs and it has varied from as long as 4 days to as short as 7 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hi i just started mining monero.can i solo mine using gpu?if not..whats the best pool to use?

I tried solo mining monero overnight using this pool http://xmr.farm/ ,about 7 hrs, I dont get any xmr at all.Is this normal?

The pool got no blocks (see Pool Blocks section on their web site). Nothing wrong with using small pools (when they do get a block you will get a bigger piece of it). If you want more steady income then you need to get onto a slightly larger pool. One getting about 5-10 blocks per day should be fine.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
I've started a twitter campaign to get "Major Outlets and Exchanges" behind our beloved Monero (XMR). @coindesk @cryptsy etc...

If enough of us let our voice be heard we could make a huge impact!  Shocked

More info here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/petitioning-cryptsy-btc-e-and-others-for-moneroxmr-731365
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
how's GPU mining compared to CPU mining for this coin?

Great for AMD users, maybe not so much for nvidia users. I get around 650h/s with 2 AMD r9 270x's... Make about one xmr a day using claymores miner. (Is he rich yet lol?) Tongue

Edit - claymores miner only runs on winblows too.

1XMR/day will not cover electricity alone, why do you mine monero at a loss ?

Sorry i did not mention that my electricity is free right now. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Great for AMD users, maybe not so much for nvidia users. I get around 650h/s with 2 AMD r9 270x's... Make about one xmr a day using claymores miner. (Is he rich yet lol?) Tongue

1XMR/day will not cover electricity alone, why do you mine monero at a loss ?
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Maybe dumb question, but what are the effects of higher vs lower mixins on

-blockchain size
-transaction speed

blockchain size

The higher the mixin the greater the physical transaction size, so if everyone is using a mixin of 100 it would increase tx size (and thus block size) linearly with the mixin amount.

transaction speed

Zero impact. Unlike a coin that uses multiple stages of mixing, onion mixing, or CoinJoin (even with multiple mixing stages) a tx is the same speed whether it has a mixin of 2, 20, or 200.
Activity: 263
Maybe dumb question, but what are the effects of higher vs lower mixins on

-blockchain size
-transaction speed

TX size grows linerly with mixin count. TX data is the bulk of the blockchain size, block headers being relatively negligible. TX speed is not affected. At this moment TX fees are not affected but that is likely to change in the future.
Jump to: