Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1561. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
We still have a few spots left in our XMR giveaway!

Learn how you can earn Free 0.2 XMR  Shocked - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/petitioning-cryptsy-btc-e-and-others-for-moneroxmr-731365

0.2XMR will be worth a lot in future  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
We still have a few spots left in our XMR giveaway!

Learn how you can earn Free 0.2 XMR  Shocked - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/petitioning-cryptsy-btc-e-and-others-for-moneroxmr-731365
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Last hours we can see 15.x XMR block reward. I'll miss this time of abundance.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
cpu mining slower today, tried both wolf and yam.
is it something to do with the algorythm?
might that be the reason of lower hashrate?

EDIT: nevermind, apparently it was a problem with my pc (maybe a background process...)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Don't be afraid to solo mine if you don't need the steady income. That is the absolute best defense for the network and as a bonus you are immune from pool DoS attacks.

A block of XMR is about 30 USD equivalent. If that is not something that will make or break you either way, you have nothing to fear from the variance of solo mining.

help please...

can someone guide me or give a link on how to setup solo mining for 280x gpu's ?

thanks in advance...

I'm not sure if you can solo using claymore's miner. In not then just go ahead and use one of the smaller pools (ideally one that donates a good portion of its fees to development).

thanks for your reply so solo mining is only for cpu's?
and thanks again...

From a brief look at the source code for tsiv's miner it looked like getwork support was still there meaning you could point it at your own daemon and mine with it. I haven't tried this. But like I said I have no idea if claymore's miner can do that.

With CPUs (and only CPUs) you can use the miner that is built into the daemon. There has been some talk of merging the GPU miner into the daemon, but so far that is just talk.

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Don't be afraid to solo mine if you don't need the steady income. That is the absolute best defense for the network and as a bonus you are immune from pool DoS attacks.

A block of XMR is about 30 USD equivalent. If that is not something that will make or break you either way, you have nothing to fear from the variance of solo mining.

help please...

can someone guide me or give a link on how to setup solo mining for 280x gpu's ?

thanks in advance...

I'm not sure if you can solo using claymore's miner. In not then just go ahead and use one of the smaller pools (ideally one that donates a good portion of its fees to development).

thanks for your reply so solo mining is only for cpu's?
and thanks again...
legendary

help please...

thanks in advance...

Activity: 91

help please...

thanks in advance...
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I started mining on a relatively new pool, xmr.blockquarry.com. There are few users, but the payout is large.  Check it out.

legendary
when The next block in half ? Whether in August 30? Who can answer?

There is no halving on this coin. The block reward is reduced gradually by a tiny amount every block, by half about every 18 months.
Activity: 68
when The next block in half ? Whether in August 30? Who can answer?

legendary

You'll need a consequent hash power to solo mine XMR these days

Not really. It isn't that well understood perhaps that every bit of hash power, however small, has a proportionately equal chance to solo a block. Even with just one desktop (200 h/s) computer you have roughly a 50% chance to score a block in a month. You could even get lucky and score a few blocks. Or you could very well get nothing. But your risk there (compared to roughly what you would get pool mining) is about 15 USD. That is hardly a major risk for many people.

If you want to help the network more than anything else, this the way to go.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

You'll need a consequent hash power to solo mine XMR these days
legendary

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Yes, hashrate needs to spread out more. Just because Bitcoin sets a very low standard doesn't mean we need to follow in its footsteps. Tongue

(And if you are switching, consider going to one of the pools donating a lot to the dev team like CryptoNotePoolUK).
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Miners have been warned about it many times before, having all the hash on a few pools makes them an attractive target for DDoS. Its not a major risk to the network security at this point as a 51% attack would still require the hashpower of the next 2 or 3 biggest pools combined, but its cost a bunch of miners some XMR (which have gone to all the miners on other pools instead, before anyone gets confused).

Same thing goes for a little-known cryptocoin called Bitcoin. Wink 
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Could it be an error in the chart?  How the hell could it drop like that out of the blue?

Speculation about drop in network hash rate?

Moneropool.com under DDoS attack from what I heard on IRC earlier, and it was only finding a block every 30-60min which equates to an effective hash rate of only 0.5MH/sec compared to the 5-6MH/sec it usually has so that would explain the difference.

Miners have been warned about it many times before, having all the hash on a few pools makes them an attractive target for DDoS. Its not a major risk to the network security at this point as a 51% attack would still require the hashpower of the next 2 or 3 biggest pools combined, but its cost a bunch of miners some XMR (which have gone to all the miners on other pools instead, before anyone gets confused).
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Was wondering why my pool's HR went up.

Also 19.5 hrs ago the Chinese pool alimabi had the 2nd highest HR at 5.07 MH/s and 7.5 hrs ago it was 2.94 MH/s.  Now it's 1.54 MH/s.

ETA:  My pool's HR went back to normal in a few minutes.  I don't know how accurate the numbers are.  My HR can vary by a factor of 2 over a short time for no reason.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Speculation about drop in network hash rate? Moneropool.com dropped 3 MH?

They might be having network issues or under attack I'm guessing.  Some of my miners are getting timed out going there.

i havent' been able to connect for like 5 hours - in the usa. 'm back to westhash (formerly nicehash for EU countries)... and it's not paying out shit... Sad

Activity: 75
Supermoon tonight  Wink Perhaps there are plans for aligned astronomical events.
Jump to: