Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1586. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
dwarfpool is the only one that let you mine directly to exchange? also the fee is 2% not 1% for this, you should fix the OP
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Hi,
I have problem with 32 bit Windows wallet. I cannot sync it. I would like to withdraw founds from it, could somebody put blockchain on some kind of a filesharing service or torrent?  Cry

PS. I don't know my mnemonic seed.

Do you have a 64 bit system you can follow these instruction on ?

Credit goes to  Florida.Haunted

*WINDOWS USERS* (I think Linux users may do very very the same)

In case of any technical problem you have encountered with Monero:

0. Assume your 32-bit wallet file name is "wallet.bin" (adjust this instruction for other name accordingly)
1. Backup your wallet.bin.* files.
2. Delete ALL Monero files from your computer.
3. Download 64-bit Monero zip & blockchain.bin from 1st sticky page of this thread.
4. Unzip & place all the files downloaded above to the directory: "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\bitmonero\".
5. From the backup made at step 1, place wallet.bin.* files !!! EXCEPT wallet.bin itself !!! into directory at step 4.
6. Start bitmonerod.exe and wait for it to sync with the net.
7. Start simplewallet by the commad prompt: "simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin" (!!! name of the file that must NOT exist in directory at step 4 !!!).
8. When you want to stop any monero executables - ALWAYS type "exit" & be patient.

simplewallet re-creates correct version of wallet.bin for you.

Since you migrate to 64-bit Monero by CORRECT WAY mentioned above - you will never have any problem except being patient due to Monero is currently somewhat slow.

Great thanks! Everything works like charm  Cheesy

Good to hear it, as said credit goes to Florida.Haunted for the instructions but glad to of been of help  Cheesy
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi,
I have problem with 32 bit Windows wallet. I cannot sync it. I would like to withdraw founds from it, could somebody put blockchain on some kind of a filesharing service or torrent?  Cry

0. Assume your 32-bit wallet file name is "wallet.bin" (adjust this instruction for other name accordingly)
3. Download 64-bit Monero zip & blockchain.bin from 1st sticky page of this thread.
4. Unzip & place all the files downloaded above to the directory: "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\bitmonero\".
5. From the backup made at step 1, place wallet.bin.* files !!! EXCEPT wallet.bin itself !!! into directory at step 4.
7. Start simplewallet by the commad prompt: "simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin" (!!! name of the file that must NOT exist in directory at step 4 !!!).
8. When you want to stop any monero executables - ALWAYS type "exit" & be patient.

Since you migrate to 64-bit Monero by CORRECT WAY mentioned above - you will never have any problem except being patient due to Monero is currently somewhat slow.

Great thanks! Everything works like charm  Cheesy
Hi,

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi,

Seems weird to have two forums especially when the original isnt used that much. I must admit though I dont particuarly like the gui but there no point splitting the community.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
anyone know what's up with Poloniex?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I've been working on organizing moneroforum.org. Constructive feedback would be very helpful. Stop buy, check it out, let me know what you think, if you get a chance.

http://moneroforum.org/index.php

If you feel super generous, tell me your thoughts in the meta section of the forum Grin

Great that you are making effort to make forum. I'll be honest but bare in mind it's constructive.

I wish it was not based on the bitcointalk platform. I know its personal opinion but I feel it should be distinctive. Some examples of other forums are:

Litecointalk: https://litecointalk.org/

Peercointalk: http://www.peercointalk.org/

Yacoinforum: http://forum.yacoin.org/

Also, it would be nice if there was a large Monero Logo at the top left hand corner like is prevalent in the examples listed above.

There is already discourse-based forum for monero IIRC. Why another one?
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I've been working on organizing moneroforum.org. Constructive feedback would be very helpful. Stop buy, check it out, let me know what you think, if you get a chance.

If you feel super generous, tell me your thoughts in the meta section of the forum Grin

Great that you are making effort to make forum. I'll be honest but bare in mind it's constructive.

I wish it was not based on the bitcointalk platform. I know its personal opinion but I feel it should be distinctive. Some examples of other forums are:

Litecointalk: https://litecointalk.org/

Peercointalk: http://www.peercointalk.org/

Yacoinforum: http://forum.yacoin.org/

Also, it would be nice if there was a large Monero Logo at the top left hand corner like is prevalent in the examples listed above.

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Monero is Swahili for BIG FARKIN BLOCK CHAIN.

i lulz at this  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Monero is Swahili for BIG FARKIN BLOCK CHAIN.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Whether BCN is a scam or not, I don't think it's in our best interest to discuss, especially on this thread

I certainly agree with this part. More than incidental discussion of any other coin is off topic for this thread.

If people want to discuss other altcoins with other monero users we have a place for that! http://moneroforum.org/index.php?board=20 Grin
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Whether BCN is a scam or not, I don't think it's in our best interest to discuss, especially on this thread

I certainly agree with this part. More than incidental discussion of any other coin is off topic for this thread.

Activity: 795
Merit: 514
Whether BCN is a scam or not, I don't think it's in our best interest to discuss, especially on this thread (and considering BCN inspired the bitMonero fork).

It seems more than anything Bytecoin was a proof-of-concept implementation by some folks at Stanford that was never intended to be made public. Their intentions probably changed in early 2014 with the increased demand for anonymous cryptos. There's a strong possibility that the owners of BCN's github repo are not the original bytecoin devs.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
If you have a bunch of rigs and switch coins every day or two for the best profit then you want a pool which finds a block at least every 30min on average, which mean 1/30th of the net hash rate - with net hash at 20MH/sec that means a pool hash rate of around 600KH/s

i'd even go beyond that. Even if you switch every day or two your variance on one particular coin doesn't really matter. If you get unlucky on one coin, the next day you might get lucky on another. Keep going and you will have a mix of good days and bad days.

I think your 50 blocks in the period you will be mining suggestion is a good one, but it doesn't need to be on each individual coin, just overall.

As long as you are getting (pieces of) blocks consistently you should be fine.

Also consider how much the variance even matters to you. Miners can go a bit overboard on optimizing things. If you are making a few dollars worth of coins per day does it really matter whether you make a dollar or two less on one day and a dollar or two more on another day?

I don't know anyone's financial situation, so it may be for some this does matter. I'm just suggesting to consider it realistically because too much optimizing of variance leads to everyone joining the largest pools and harms the network, as RentaMouse said. If you realistically don't have a reason to care please do what helps the network instead of hurting it.

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I think monero is double-spent proof? People want instant gratification and they will flock to the largest pool (see ghash.io).

This is a misconception coming from the CryptoNote whitepaper's use of the term. What they mean is that CN coins are double-spending proof under normal conditions (i.e. no one has >50% of the network). This would not be worth mentioning for normal signatures (BTC-derived coins) but special care had to be taken to make ring signatures double-spending proof. However, it's still vulnerable to the standard 51% attack like any PoW system because that allows replacing key image sets.

I agree that the 'large pool = better payout' superstition is annoying. I've tried to educate people on that but most don't actually know what PoW is so they go on believing what they want to believe.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Its a little frustrating to keep coming across miners who say "I will only mine on pool with most hash, or more than 20% of net hash, because they make me most profit", if we get too many who follow that (wrong) logic then we'll end up with only 4 or 5 pools and all the miners will be crying when they get DDoSed, or fees are increased. I'm not saying go mine on a pool with only 5KH/s as that would require some patience, but a little more understanding of variance would help. Simple way to look at it is to say "will the pool find at least 50 blocks in the minimum period I'll be mining for?", as that shld be enough for the variance to even out.

If you have a bunch of rigs and switch coins every day or two for the best profit then you want a pool which finds a block at least every 30min on average, which mean 1/30th of the net hash rate - with net hash at 20MH/sec that means a pool hash rate of around 600KH/s

If you are running a few CPUs/GPUs and dont want to be changing things all the time, then you could consider a minimum mining period of 6-7 days, so a pool hash rate of 100KH/sec should be sufficient

Remember its not how often the blocks are found which determines how much you earn, its the overall efficiency of the pool at finding those blocks plus your hashrate, minus any downtime. Its always a good idea to keep your own records of your hash rate plus average difficulty and block reward each day so you can check your actual earnings against what you should receive, especially if your pool doesnt provide any stats on block efficiency/luck or the number of hashes per round.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
What about these other coins with mixing transactios? I am still holding only Bitcoin and Monero.

To my knowledge, of the others only BBR can be considered remotely invest-able, in itself.  Of course there are strategies for which minor sh*tcoins are useful vehicles, but they are specialized speculative methods which I will not assume are within your interest.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Yea, bytecoin remains underground and this is quite strange

I think you mean underwater.  Not so strange to me.  It has all the red flags of a massive scam, and nothing going for it, at all, really.

Jump to: