Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1588. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
i like the concept but the name is kinda silly , idk i could be wrong maybe this is the next big thing in cryptos !!!

i will be mining it full force with my 6 ~ 7 kh/s, but i would like somebody to point me to a good reliable low fees pool because 2% mining fees on top of 5% dev fees for amd gpus is too high IMHO !

You want the first post to compare fees, try and pick one that donates to the devs as well.

Do you know where the name comes from? Just asking as you might not think it kinda silly if you did.

EDIT: beaten to it by smooth  Wink

no i don't know where did that name come from, does it have a meaning ?!
i like the concept but the name is kinda silly , idk i could be wrong maybe this is the next big thing in cryptos !!!

i will be mining it full force with my 6 ~ 7 kh/s, but i would like somebody to point me to a good reliable low fees pool because 2% mining fees on top of 5% dev fees for amd gpus is too high IMHO !

See post #1 on this thread for a list of pools including information about fees.

most of them are low hashrate pools ... which means high variance rate and far between payments ...
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

You want the first post to compare fees, try and pick one that donates to the devs as well.

Do you know where the name comes from? Just asking as you might not think it kinda silly if you did.

EDIT: beaten to it by smooth  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

See post #1 on this thread for a list of pools including information about fees.

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Today I saw a buy order of 15 btc on poloniex at 45000, there's much interest in monero, I'm in too.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Monero-Bot tends to be conservative, so most days you'll probably mine more than estimated. I'd say that Dwarf's estimate is generally accurate from personal experience. In any case, some 20% up or down is certainly to be expected, as diff fluctuates over time and your/pool luck will also vary from day to day.
~ Myagui
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
how much monero should i be expecting per day if i have around 6kh/s of dedicated miners ?!
^ With 6000 H/s you should get 5.11 XMR per Day
~ Myagui

but dwarfpool calc says 6 moneros not 5.1

solving a block always has a 'luck factor' built in so estimates can never be completely accurate.
Activity: 798
how much monero should i be expecting per day if i have around 6kh/s of dedicated miners ?!
~ Myagui

They are only rough estimates anyway.

The amount you get per day will vary with the difficulty over the day and your luck.
~ Myagui

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
~ Myagui
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I hope Monero will be the one who survives and many others think so. I just do not yet know what is the advantage of Monero in relation to these other coins?

Bytecoin (BCN) was not fairly distributed. Monero has network effect going for it in the cryptonote space.

Yea, bytecoin remains underground and this is quite strange
Activity: 84
Bytecoin (BCN) was not fairly distributed. Monero has network effect going for it in the cryptonote space.

Forget about MonetaVerde, since it seems to be dead. I committed the error of investing some money on that.

Thanks.

https://cryptonote.org/
Bytecoin (BCN)
Aeon (AEON)
Boolberry (BBR)
Dashcoin (DSH)
duckNote (XDN)
Fantomcoin (FCN)
MonetaVerde (MCN)
OneEvilCoin (OEC)
Quazarcoin (QCN)

Ok. Bytecoin and MonetaVerde out. What about these other coins with mixing transactios? I am still holding only Bitcoin and Monero.

They forgot Infinium 8.  But um...  soooooo many coins.  Endless amounts of them .Wink  I see problems ahead.

But if you like cryptonight, and inflation...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inf8-infinium-8-privacy-centric-cpu-mining-698727

I think it's worth checking out. Didn't see any coins with this type of emission, maybe it has some kind of future.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Forget about MonetaVerde, since it seems to be dead. I committed the error of investing some money on that.

Thanks.

Bytecoin (BCN)
Aeon (AEON)
Boolberry (BBR)
Dashcoin (DSH)
duckNote (XDN)
Fantomcoin (FCN)
MonetaVerde (MCN)
OneEvilCoin (OEC)
Quazarcoin (QCN)

Ok. Bytecoin and MonetaVerde out. What about these other coins with mixing transactios? I am still holding only Bitcoin and Monero.

They forgot Infinium 8.  But um...  soooooo many coins.  Endless amounts of them .Wink  I see problems ahead.

But if you like cryptonight, and inflation...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inf8-infinium-8-privacy-centric-cpu-mining-698727
Activity: 308
Merit: 109

Thanks.

Bytecoin (BCN)
Aeon (AEON)
Boolberry (BBR)
Dashcoin (DSH)
duckNote (XDN)
Fantomcoin (FCN)
MonetaVerde (MCN)
OneEvilCoin (OEC)
Quazarcoin (QCN)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Ok. But still I didn't get the answers to my questions and there is no evidence to proof the necessity to integrate i2p to the coin

i2p, of course, has pros but I wonder if the patterns are used above correct for their intended purposes? Does the FoxyProxy setup in any way open up for attacks?

With out it people could know who made what transactions just by logging network traffic and seeing what ip address transactions originated from. Sure you could use a proxy or run your own traffic through i2p or tor or something manually, but other people who failed to do this would compromise the security of others by to deduce information more easily. Having it built in will mean that everyone uses it and then everyone is better off.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Hey,

What software are you using to GPU mine?

Cheers!

how profitable is monero mining compared to x11 algo coins mining ? i think it's a lot more profitable no ?

Short answer: Yes

Don't go telling the whole interwebz about it, though, okay?!  Tongue

trust me, i wont !

lol

as iv'e stated before, i have 1 amd r9 270x and i get about .5 xmr a day. fuck nicehash lol... Grin
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
how profitable is monero mining compared to x11 algo coins mining ? i think it's a lot more profitable no ?

Short answer: Yes

Don't go telling the whole interwebz about it, though, okay?!  Tongue

trust me, i wont !

lol

as iv'e stated before, i have 1 amd r9 270x and i get about .5 xmr a day. fuck nicehash lol... Grin
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Just read your post.

We don't know a lot other people in crypto currency world, we even don't know who is Satoshi but he some-how forced people to believe in Bitcoin and nowadays Bitcoin is liquid.

As well as there is no point to trust them they've done nothing wrong to make us not believe in their words.
They are the founders of CryptoNote tech and maybe in token of respect we'd better to listen to their words?!

Lol. did you even read the btc whitepaper?... obviously not! Cheesy

Jump to: