Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1587. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

Thank you, actually someone reported 290 with 216W.
Anyone else with power usage? Cheesy

Btw I have added XMR and few other CN coins to my site.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
MoneroForum.org up and running!!!

Please check it out guys and get involved. I know its hard early on when we dont have network effects, but the only way to generate network effects is to get in there and start talking even when there arnt very many people listening. I may do a promotion a little later to help bootstrap the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Hi. IMHO, 3 Weeks is nothing. I'm comfortable hodling XMR for a couple of years from now. If it dips, it'll rise again. :-)

When people give advice (out of a misplaced desire to be helpful) they tend to be extremely cautious of short-term draw-downs.  Too cautious, I would say.  Any drawdown you were to experience is overwhelmingly likely to be quite brief.  If you sell into BTC and come back, with the price higher, you will have fewer XMR for your trouble.  If you stay in XMR, at least your XMR will not decline in any case.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
hello guys, i am looking for a financial advice.

i got most of my crypto money inside xmr. normaly its not a problem, since i watch everything that is going on very closely and can react immediately.
but now, i will be on holiday for like 3 weeks, what do you recomend me to do?

-just let it run?
-have a stop-Limit? (where?)
-put everything for sell at 0.01, enjoy the beach and see what happens?
-sell some now (put new buy orders around 0.004) and let the rest run?

i am mostly into profit, bought most between 0.0025 and 0.0035, some at 0.0055.

thx

Hi. IMHO, 3 Weeks is nothing. I'm comfortable hodling XMR for a couple of years from now. If it dips, it'll rise again. :-)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
New thread for discussing and/or arranging large off-exchange trades: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-xmr-large-trade-otc-716331
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Can anyone give me 280x hashrate and most important whats the power usage? %reduction from scrypt is fine.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Cancel the vacations. Is not worth the risk.
+ You will worry there all the time. Totally wasted founds. Try to sell your vacations while you still can, and buy some more cheap Moneros.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

i got most of my crypto money inside xmr. normaly its not a problem, since i watch everything that is going on very closely and can react immediately.

-just let it run?

thx

If you are worried about it just use a limit order. put it as low as you are willing to let the price fall before you feel uncomfortable.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

-just let it run?

thx

Most of your crypto money? That's not a good sign.

If you want to leave this investment for 3 weeks, I would take out 70% into Bitcoin and then you'll be less stressed about the possibility of a Monero price crash over your holiday.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Searching a place to mine XMR?  Grin

Help us to brake some blocks & spread the hashes !  Cheesy

XMR MINING POOL >> http://xmr.poolto.be

use : stratum+tcp://xmr.poolto.be:3001

Happy Mining !  Smiley

pool fee: 0.20% (pool) + 0.1% (node-crypto dev/xmr core dev) to support XMR ! >> JOIN US!

can i trust your pool ?!
Activity: 73
Searching a place to mine XMR?  Grin

Help us to brake some blocks & spread the hashes !  Cheesy

XMR MINING POOL >> http://xmr.poolto.be

use : stratum+tcp://xmr.poolto.be:3001

Happy Mining !  Smiley

pool fee: 0.20% (pool) + 0.1% (node-crypto dev/xmr core dev) to support XMR ! >> JOIN US!
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

I have Radeon GPUs. Some days ago my son booght a PC with nvidia 780gtx. Can it be useful? (just curious).

Yes there is an Nividia miner, whether he'll not play COD, Battlefield etc to let you mine is another story all together Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
sounds nice but don't think many people would know about this without somebody telling them , shouldn't this little piece of info be in the OP and the monero website lol Cheesy

also please i want a high hashrate low fee pool and btw no other amd gpus miner except that claymore high fee under developed miner ? ...

There are plenty of pools with 1% fee how much lower do you need it ?!

No unfortunately the only amd miner is that one. You can run it with the nofee command though.

i mine @ moneropool which has a high hashrate 6 mh/s but also a high fee 2% i would have not cared wasn't it for the high 5% dev fee ....

is there some high hashrate pool i.e over 1mh/s with 1% fee or lower ?

also are my hash rates ok or can they be tweaked ? i'm using cat 14.7 beta and no OC because it's hot in the summer !

r9 290 : 625 h/s

7970 : 450 h/s

7950 : 400 h/s

6970 : 335 h/s

6950 : 300 h/s

5870 : 175 h/s

5850 : 150 h/s

think i need to get rid of those 5800 series gpus, yea time to move on lol

I have Radeon GPUs. Some days ago my son bought a PC with nvidia 780gtx. Can it be useful? (just curious).
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Bytecoin (BCN) was not fairly distributed. Monero has network effect going for it in the cryptonote space.

Forget about MonetaVerde, since it seems to be dead. I committed the error of investing some money on that.

Thanks.

https://cryptonote.org/
Bytecoin (BCN)
Aeon (AEON)
Boolberry (BBR)
Dashcoin (DSH)
duckNote (XDN)
Fantomcoin (FCN)
MonetaVerde (MCN)
OneEvilCoin (OEC)
Quazarcoin (QCN)

Ok. Bytecoin and MonetaVerde out. What about these other coins with mixing transactios? I am still holding only Bitcoin and Monero.

They forgot Infinium 8.  But um...  soooooo many coins.  Endless amounts of them .Wink  I see problems ahead.

But if you like cryptonight, and inflation...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inf8-infinium-8-privacy-centric-cpu-mining-698727
Sometimes I think about xdn. But I did not get enough from XMR. But XMR looks like to be a leader.
sounds nice but don't think many people would know about this without somebody telling them , shouldn't this little piece of info be in the OP and the monero website lol Cheesy

also please i want a high hashrate low fee pool and btw no other amd gpus miner except that claymore high fee under developed miner ? ...

No unfortunately the only amd miner is that one. You can run it with the nofee command though.

i mine @ moneropool which has a high hashrate 6 mh/s but also a high fee 2% i would have not cared wasn't it for the high 5% dev fee ....

is there some high hashrate pool i.e over 1mh/s with 1% fee or lower ?

also are my hash rates ok or can they be tweaked ? i'm using cat 14.7 beta and no OC because it's hot in the summer !

r9 290 : 625 h/s

7970 : 450 h/s

7950 : 400 h/s

6970 : 335 h/s

6950 : 300 h/s

5870 : 175 h/s

5850 : 150 h/s

think i need to get rid of those 5800 series gpus, yea time to move on lol

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Today I saw a buy order of 15 btc on poloniex at 45000, there's much interest in monero, I'm in too.

15 btc is not a lot of money, literally one person or several people's $8000 was enough to make you buy, that is hilarious

your mind will explode once you get exposed to the amounts that move in a single US equity in pre-market

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Maybe, but it would kinda be like Google making sure everyone knows their name is a misspelling of "googol" (which is 10100) Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

i like the concept but the name is kinda silly , idk i could be wrong maybe this is the next big thing in cryptos !!!

i will be mining it full force with my 6 ~ 7 kh/s, but i would like somebody to point me to a good reliable low fees pool because 2% mining fees on top of 5% dev fees for amd gpus is too high IMHO !

You want the first post to compare fees, try and pick one that donates to the devs as well.

Do you know where the name comes from? Just asking as you might not think it kinda silly if you did.

EDIT: beaten to it by smooth  Wink

no i don't know where did that name come from, does it have a meaning ?!

It is Esperanto (neutral international language) for coin but it is also similar to various words for coin or money in many other languages. The intention was to be global in scope and target audience.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
i like the concept but the name is kinda silly , idk i could be wrong maybe this is the next big thing in cryptos !!!

i will be mining it full force with my 6 ~ 7 kh/s, but i would like somebody to point me to a good reliable low fees pool because 2% mining fees on top of 5% dev fees for amd gpus is too high IMHO !

You want the first post to compare fees, try and pick one that donates to the devs as well.

Do you know where the name comes from? Just asking as you might not think it kinda silly if you did.

EDIT: beaten to it by smooth  Wink

no i don't know where did that name come from, does it have a meaning ?!

It is Esperanto (neutral international language) for coin but it is also similar to various words for coin or money in many other languages. The intention was to be global in scope and target audience.

Jump to: