Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1591. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
I just realized that the .bin.keys file I generated for my offline storage of Monero were made using the 32 bit version. Could there be any problems with this now or in the future? This is on the build before the mnemonic words.

Thanks
Keep the .keys file safe and you should be fine.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero
I just realized that the .bin.keys file I generated for my offline storage of Monero were made using the 32 bit version. Could there be any problems with this now or in the future? This is on the build before the mnemonic words.

Thanks
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have one more question.
Looking through your website: monero.cc, I've found this one: Monero Starter Pack.
But the last update was May 18.
Do you still plan to update it?
It will be good to add there any GUI and some FAQ for novices.
XMR needs more information/packs/faqs/resources for novices.
Activity: 42
Hi Guys,

Just dropping by to let you guys know that Monero is now added to www.lazycoins.com

Check it out - 0% Fees...Enjoy!

Hi. What are your key advantages? What about safety, support?
I tried to google you but did not find any actual information.

legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
WTS 5 x XMR for BLU (bluecoin) accepting offers.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
^ Not True! I so totally "lost" 250 Moneritos that I had should have been paid for a pizza! Still not sure what happened, but I'm strongly suspecting that there's a pizza robber in the vicinity. Pizza lovers beware!
(sarcasm alert, please disregard if so inclined)

Someone had questioned earlier on about a Portuguese crypto community: There's at least two of us, haha!  Wink
~ Myagui

Nice! Maybe we should take advantage of this BES nigthmare to open some eyes around here, right? Wink

Tell me about it... I've been talking about this precise type of banking bullshit to friends and family. What's interesting, is that all the people I talk to about crypto currencies today, is a lot more receptive than they were a year ago. It's not a damn coincidence, that's for sure.

~ Myagui
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Kind of getting nervous now. Sent another small transaction and that one showed up right away. So my big transaction is still in limbo. It's gone from my sending wallet and not received on my receiving wallet.

It's basically impossible to "lose" funds. The worst that can happen is that you've done something completely bizarre, and the transaction falls out of the mempool after 24 hours.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Edit: They were released now. But I'm still curious about why they were locked? Is there anywhere I can read up on how the system works so I don't have to ask all these newbie questions here? Also does anyone know how long before a simple to use wallet will be out? This text input system really isn't easy for people like me..

This is easy to explain. There are not "coins" in your wallet, there are "outputs" corresponding to transactions you have received. These outputs can only be spent in their entirety. So if you have an output of 10 that you received and you use it to send 1, then a transaction of 9 is sent back to you as change. As with any transaction, this one coming back to you takes time to confirm. Until that time the wallet reports that 9 of your balance as locked.

Very nice explanation. thank you!

Alright so my first two test transactions worked out fine. Now I tried making a much larger transaction about 30 min ago and it's shown as gone in my sending wallet but it hasn't showed up in my receiving wallet. I'm positive the address is correct since I've checked it like 5 times now. I tried looking at the transaction ID on http://monerochain.info/ but it doesn't show. However the 2 previous transactions that worked aren't showing up there either.

Really confused right now.. Any help appreciated.

Kind of getting nervous now. Sent another small transaction and that one showed up right away. So my big transaction is still in limbo. It's gone from my sending wallet and not received on my receiving wallet.

I don't know what went wrong but you can recover it the same way. Delete your wallet binary file and recover the wallet from the keys file (or mnemonic word sequence). Be sure your wallet keys file is securely backed up

Then try sending again. Perhaps break up the transaction into smaller pieces.
Activity: 15
Edit: They were released now. But I'm still curious about why they were locked? Is there anywhere I can read up on how the system works so I don't have to ask all these newbie questions here? Also does anyone know how long before a simple to use wallet will be out? This text input system really isn't easy for people like me..

This is easy to explain. There are not "coins" in your wallet, there are "outputs" corresponding to transactions you have received. These outputs can only be spent in their entirety. So if you have an output of 10 that you received and you use it to send 1, then a transaction of 9 is sent back to you as change. As with any transaction, this one coming back to you takes time to confirm. Until that time the wallet reports that 9 of your balance as locked.

Alright so my first two test transactions worked out fine. Now I tried making a much larger transaction about 30 min ago and it's shown as gone in my sending wallet but it hasn't showed up in my receiving wallet. I'm positive the address is correct since I've checked it like 5 times now. I tried looking at the transaction ID on http://monerochain.info/ but it doesn't show. However the 2 previous transactions that worked aren't showing up there either.

Activity: 649
Merit: 500
Someone had questioned earlier on about a Portuguese crypto community: There's at least two of us, haha!  Wink
~ Myagui

Nice! Maybe we should take advantage of this BES nigthmare to open some eyes around here, right? Wink
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Hello, fellows. I've recently found that monero devs seize power over gitHub so they are able to do with the coin whatever they want (pump and dump is coming soon, IMHO)

We've seized power over the whole of gitHub?

*flexes muscles*

Fear me, puny humans! We have seized power over the whole of gitHub! We now control all of the open-source projects in the known universe! You cannot fork them to BitBucket or a Gitlab instance!

We are the masters...of...gitHub!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

nice & smooth Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Alright so I tried my first Monero transfer from one adress of mine to another on my laptop. I used mixin count 3. I sent it about 10 min ago and it still hasn't showed up yet. How long does it usually take to get confirmed?

A minute, maybe 2. Variance on 60 second blocks isn't terrible, so I haven't seen a notably high block time yet.

First thing to check would be monerochain.info to see if it's been mined, just search for the transaction ID. If it is, then make sure you "refresh" the other wallet, and make sure you're caught up and in-sync with the network.

So my transfer still hasn't showed on the receiving computer but on the sender I have 2 balances. First a "balance" and then an "unlocked balance" which corresponds to the original balance minus the sum I sent. What's going on here? Appreciate the help.

Usually this suggests sending with an obsolete version of the client that uses too low a fee.

The solution in that case is to get the new software, restore your wallet using the keys file, and then resend.

Really appreciate all the help here but this is proving harder than I thought..

I re-downloaded Monero and installed a new version, synched the database and tried sending the transaction again. This time it worked but something strange happened. The 0.01 Monero I sent went through but there is also a pink transaction with the same transaction ID which is for 7 Moneros which has been deducted from the "unlocked balance". So to summarize my test send of 0.01 Moneros worked but an additional 7 Moneros (which I didn't send) seems to be stuck?

Those will coins back to you at a later time. You have to wait until they are unlocked to spend them again.

Alright but what are they for? How long will they be locked?

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Alright so I tried my first Monero transfer from one adress of mine to another on my laptop. I used mixin count 3. I sent it about 10 min ago and it still hasn't showed up yet. How long does it usually take to get confirmed?

A minute, maybe 2. Variance on 60 second blocks isn't terrible, so I haven't seen a notably high block time yet.

First thing to check would be monerochain.info to see if it's been mined, just search for the transaction ID. If it is, then make sure you "refresh" the other wallet, and make sure you're caught up and in-sync with the network.

So my transfer still hasn't showed on the receiving computer but on the sender I have 2 balances. First a "balance" and then an "unlocked balance" which corresponds to the original balance minus the sum I sent. What's going on here? Appreciate the help.

Usually this suggests sending with an obsolete version of the client that uses too low a fee.

The solution in that case is to get the new software, restore your wallet using the keys file, and then resend.

Really appreciate all the help here but this is proving harder than I thought..

I re-downloaded Monero and installed a new version, synched the database and tried sending the transaction again. This time it worked but something strange happened. The 0.01 Monero I sent went through but there is also a pink transaction with the same transaction ID which is for 7 Moneros which has been deducted from the "unlocked balance". So to summarize my test send of 0.01 Moneros worked but an additional 7 Moneros (which I didn't send) seems to be stuck?

Those will coins back to you at a later time. You have to wait until they are unlocked to spend them again.
Jump to: