Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1666. (Read 4670614 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I agree! Fluffypony - what are the BTC/MRO donation addresses for the dev team? They're not in the OP (maybe consider adding them?). My bad, they are in OP and I didn't notice.

I'll try to get a donation drive going on reddit and contribute what I can myself.

They're in the OP in this section:

Donations for general development

XMR:
Code:
46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8aHYjA3jk3o1Bv16em
viewkey: e422831985c9205238ef84daf6805526c14d96fd7b059fe68c7ab98e495e5703

BTC:
Code:
1FhnVJi2V1k4MqXm2nHoEbY5LV7FPai7bb
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^They are in the OP
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Thus far we have received well under 1 BTC in donations, a trivial amount. That means that all of our time and energy and effort is completely self-funded.

We are not sitting on mountains of XMR, this is a cryptocurrency that had an absolutely 100% fair launch. Given the current size of the cryptocurrency market I would argue that it had an even fairer launch than Bitcoin, because tons of people jumped on and mined it from day 1. We had no opportunity to amass any sizeable amount of XMR. Thus, our entire effort is a labour of love and completely because we want to see XMR become useful. If we get no donations, we are unable to spend large amounts of time on it, and we will have to peck away at it in our spare time. If you want to see less "sluggishness" (i.e. more time allocated), then donate. If you haven't donated you have absolutely no room to manoeuvre in this discussion.

Meanwhile, all the monero nation! Let us donate to Monero dev team! Call to do that all the pool operators, exchange owners, etc.!!!
It's our shame, that Monero's daily volume is the biggest among exchanges, but dev team received just under 1 BTC!

I agree! Fluffypony - what are the BTC/MRO donation addresses for the dev team? They're not in the OP (maybe consider adding them?). My bad, they are in OP and I didn't notice.

I'll try to get a donation drive going on reddit and contribute what I can myself.
Difficulty is already adjusted for different block time, so no need to discount on it. This makes XMR a more profitable target for botnet owners. And yesterday when I did the same calculations, XMR price was higher, BCN difficulty 20M lower. That is why it was 10% higher for XMR.

No you have that exactly wrong. Difficulty tells you how many hashes you have to do (on average) for each block (not per day -- your formula is fundamentally incorrect).

Go back and recalculate with difficulty correctly applied per block and you will get different (correct) results.

Ok, let's do it again:

Block reward:
BCN: 110,000
XMR: 15.6

Difficulty:
BCN: 114,000,000
XMR: 800,000,000

Price:
BCN: 0.00000008
XMR: 0.00294

Block reward adjusted for difficulty = (Block reward / Difficulty) * Price
BCN: 0.0000000000771929824561
XMR: 0.0000000000573300000000

Blocks per day:
BCN: 720
XMR: 1440

Daily emission adjusted for difficulty = block reward adjusted for difficulty * blocks per day:
BCN: 0.0000000555789   
XMR: 0.0000000825552

Again, XMR is way more profitable for botnet owners and that is exactly what I've been trying to tell you with the previous calcs, but they were inaccurate as I've taken rough daily emission and might have made a mistake with the estimate.

I did some quick calculations earlier and also saw that BCN is more profitable.

My formula is [your HR]/[network HR]*[blocks per day]*[block reward]*[price in BTC]

This will give you BTC/day for your crypto of choice. When I did my calculations earlier I was getting ~20% more BTC/day for BCN vs XMR for the same hashrate.
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
Could anyone tell me how to check my monero address on the blockchain explorer?
I sent 1xmr to poloniex, how do I check it? I checked the xmr address at minergate.com, it says hash not found.
How long does it take to transfer xmr?

Possibly you forgot payment id. Check our new FAQ thread, whether answer is there, if not, post the question.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7784707
Activity: 798
I sent 1xmr to poloniex, how do I check it? I checked the xmr address at minergate.com, it says hash not found.

Monero addresses dont work the same way as Bitcoin, you cant search by address using those block explorers for this reason.

Shouldnt take more than 20 mins depending on the confirmation count on their end. 
Activity: 63
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Difficulty is already adjusted for different block time, so no need to discount on it. This makes XMR a more profitable target for botnet owners. And yesterday when I did the same calculations, XMR price was higher, BCN difficulty 20M lower. That is why it was 10% higher for XMR.

No you have that exactly wrong. Difficulty tells you how many hashes you have to do (on average) for each block (not per day -- your formula is fundamentally incorrect).

Go back and recalculate with difficulty correctly applied per block and you will get different (correct) results.

Ok, let's do it again:

Block reward:
BCN: 110,000
XMR: 15.6

Difficulty:
BCN: 114,000,000
XMR: 800,000,000

Price:
BCN: 0.00000008
XMR: 0.00294

Block reward adjusted for difficulty = (Block reward / Difficulty) * Price
BCN: 0.0000000000771929824561
XMR: 0.0000000000573300000000

Blocks per day:
BCN: 720
XMR: 1440

Daily emission adjusted for difficulty = block reward adjusted for difficulty * blocks per day:
BCN: 0.0000000555789   
XMR: 0.0000000825552

Again, XMR is way more profitable for botnet owners and that is exactly what I've been trying to tell you with the previous calcs, but they were inaccurate as I've taken rough daily emission and might have made a mistake with the estimate.
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
Thus far we have received well under 1 BTC in donations, a trivial amount. That means that all of our time and energy and effort is completely self-funded.

We are not sitting on mountains of XMR, this is a cryptocurrency that had an absolutely 100% fair launch. Given the current size of the cryptocurrency market I would argue that it had an even fairer launch than Bitcoin, because tons of people jumped on and mined it from day 1. We had no opportunity to amass any sizeable amount of XMR. Thus, our entire effort is a labour of love and completely because we want to see XMR become useful. If we get no donations, we are unable to spend large amounts of time on it, and we will have to peck away at it in our spare time. If you want to see less "sluggishness" (i.e. more time allocated), then donate. If you haven't donated you have absolutely no room to manoeuvre in this discussion.

fluffypony, I wait to attract to Monero, a friend of mine, person of consequence in info business. The one bit keeping me waiting is your unsociability to our society. But now I see this is just psychologic issue, not political one. So I will resume actions I planned.

Meanwhile, all the monero nation! Let us donate to Monero dev team! Call to do that all the pool operators, exchange owners, etc.!!!
It's our shame, that Monero's daily volume is the biggest among exchanges, but dev team received just under 1 BTC!
legendary
Activity: 910
tried.. was no help
its been more than 24h now, like a week

im tired of playin so small coins out.
thas why i gave the wallet to u if it can help the coin anyway to solve this

Ok - we'll investigate it and see what's potting. In the interim, let me know if you need me to send the 1.6 XMR to you from my wallet so that you have it.

keep the coins..
i would like to hear from u later(PM) what was the matter with the stuck coins
donator
tried.. was no help
its been more than 24h now, like a week

im tired of playin so small coins out.
thas why i gave the wallet to u if it can help the coin anyway to solve this

Ok - we'll investigate it and see what's potting. In the interim, let me know if you need me to send the 1.6 XMR to you from my wallet so that you have it.
donator

i dont care about the coins, u can keep them
when this tx failed issue hitted it prevented me doing any transactions: i had my "full" balance" and i was not able to get any coin out.
i had to play long time to move any coins out, doing same transfer again and again like 100 times to get not tx failed
i dont mean dust here. i was struggling with all the coins i got out, it was not easy, not just the remain 1.6, they are heavy  stuck

It's because your balance was made up of lots of small transactions coming in, so when you tried to send it out, the tx size was too big and the withdrawal failed.

Think of it this way, you have a friend who is going to give you 10kg of weight with his bare hands. Imagine he gives you one 10kg metal block. This is easy to hold and move around because it's just one big lump (one transaction).

Now imagine he tries to give you 10kg of fine sand (e.g lots of little bits that together make up 10kg). You can't hold this in your hand or move it around very easily. You can only move as much of this sand as you can fit into your hands at once, so it takes you many handfuls to move the 10kg (many transactions). Does that make sense?

yes, if i see tx size error message, but i did not..

i got only error message like : tx failed, key images allready used

Then it means you've already tried to create a transaction with the utxo's. They'll fall out the mempool within 24 hours, and you can rebuild the wallet cache to give you access to the utxo's again.
Activity: 63
Wow mintpal! What a cheater.... dropped at 0.00250004 and my order is just at 0.00250003  Angry

i dont care about the coins, u can keep them
when this tx failed issue hitted it prevented me doing any transactions: i had my "full" balance" and i was not able to get any coin out.
i had to play long time to move any coins out, doing same transfer again and again like 100 times to get not tx failed
i dont mean dust here. i was struggling with all the coins i got out, it was not easy, not just the remain 1.6, they are heavy  stuck

It's because your balance was made up of lots of small transactions coming in, so when you tried to send it out, the tx size was too big and the withdrawal failed.

Think of it this way, you have a friend who is going to give you 10kg of weight with his bare hands. Imagine he gives you one 10kg metal block. This is easy to hold and move around because it's just one big lump (one transaction).

Now imagine he tries to give you 10kg of fine sand (e.g lots of little bits that together make up 10kg). You can't hold this in your hand or move it around very easily. You can only move as much of this sand as you can fit into your hands at once, so it takes you many handfuls to move the 10kg (many transactions). Does that make sense?
donator
Could you list the forum id of core team members?

It's in the OP and in the first Monero Missive: (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Let's look things in the face, currently no coin can compete Bitcoin.

Monero could, but their devs are too sluggish, and the same time do not accept neither help nor critics:

You're not in #monero-dev on IRC to discuss the dev status of Monero, so it's hard for me to accept that you have any insight into the state of Monero. We are far from sluggish. All 7 of the core team members have to earn a living. Each of us can spend 14 hours a day on Monero, but then we need to draw an hourly payment to cover our time. Thus far we have received well under 1 BTC in donations, a trivial amount. That means that all of our time and energy and effort is completely self-funded.

- 32 bit obsolete Windows binaries are still sticky at 1st page this thread

The embedded database work is in progress (see: https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/blockchain), and the existing binaries work with PAE on, so "obsolete" is not the correct term. The 32-bit Windows binaries work. The PAE requirement is noted on the OP now.

- No newbie's FAQ is ever made (who can support price if not newbies?!)

Feel free to make one, or feel free to donate to free someone's time up so they can make this, but this is not at a stage where it is newbie-friendly yet, and is in such a state of flux that this would be a complete waste of effort.

- Official site has still html markup errors.

Official site is being replaced, so this would be wasted effort. Even so, HTML markup errors are rather irrelevant given the state of browsing in 2014 - virtually all the sites on the Internet don't comply with the W3C's markup validation, but render just fine.

- There is no special man to answer newbies questions here officially from face of Monero team.

With the aforementioned donations, it's enough to cover 1 day of a "special man" sitting here and answering questions. If you want that to change, donate.

- Even missives come with 1-2 day delay. This delay is more important than it appears, because time regularity of Monero missives is the ONLY thing Monero devs promise us.

See above. But over and above that, the Monero Missive is a weekly update. There is no fixed day that it comes out - it can come out any time from Monday to Sunday, but there is one a week. If we skip an entire week then your "1-2 day delay" would be valid, else go back and confirm that from the first Missive there has been 1 a week.

Could you list the forum id of core team members?
donator
ok, its kind a scary when this hits you if u have lot of coins
i was able to transfer most of my coins to another wallet
i had to make payment like 100 times per transaction to get it passed

When what hits? If you have a lot of coins you will, by definition, be able to consolidate them. You were able to move ALL of your coins and are struggling with the final 1.6 XMR. As mentioned, I will gladly send you 1.656924551683 XMR and I will reclaim it from the wallet you have sent me when the fee changes later on.

ok, its kind a scary when this hits you if u have lot of coins
i was able to transfer most of my coins to another wallet
i had to make payment like 100 times per transaction to get it passed

I can understand that - no one wants to lose their hard-earned coins! Apologies for accusing you of trolling.

You won't have this problem if you keep mining in the future as all pools now have a 0.2 XMR minimum send, so you should be able to do large transactions (100+ XMR) from your wallet all in one go without having to split it up and pay extra transaction fees. If you post your Monero address, I can give you a small tip to make up for any transaction fees you had to pay. Smiley
donator
Let's look things in the face, currently no coin can compete Bitcoin.

Monero could, but their devs are too sluggish, and the same time do not accept neither help nor critics:

You're not in #monero-dev on IRC to discuss the dev status of Monero, so it's hard for me to accept that you have any insight into the state of Monero. We are far from sluggish. All 7 of the core team members have to earn a living. Each of us can spend 14 hours a day on Monero, but then we need to draw an hourly payment to cover our time. Thus far we have received well under 1 BTC in donations, a trivial amount. That means that all of our time and energy and effort is completely self-funded.

- 32 bit obsolete Windows binaries are still sticky at 1st page this thread

The embedded database work is in progress (see: https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/blockchain), and the existing binaries work with PAE on, so "obsolete" is not the correct term. The 32-bit Windows binaries work. The PAE requirement is noted on the OP now.

- No newbie's FAQ is ever made (who can support price if not newbies?!)

Feel free to make one, or feel free to donate to free someone's time up so they can make this, but this is not at a stage where it is newbie-friendly yet, and is in such a state of flux that this would be a complete waste of effort.

- Official site has still html markup errors.

Official site is being replaced, so this would be wasted effort. Even so, HTML markup errors are rather irrelevant given the state of browsing in 2014 - virtually all the sites on the Internet don't comply with the W3C's markup validation, but render just fine.

- There is no special man to answer newbies questions here officially from face of Monero team.

With the aforementioned donations, it's enough to cover 1 day of a "special man" sitting here and answering questions. If you want that to change, donate.

- Even missives come with 1-2 day delay. This delay is more important than it appears, because time regularity of Monero missives is the ONLY thing Monero devs promise us.

See above. But over and above that, the Monero Missive is a weekly update. There is no fixed day that it comes out - it can come out any time from Monday to Sunday, but there is one a week. If we skip an entire week then your "1-2 day delay" would be valid, else go back and confirm that from the first Missive there has been 1 a week.
Activity: 259
Merit: 100

It's not a PR problem, I think you're misattributing what "PR" is. This is alpha-level software that requires a technical person with the ability to enable PAE to run. Eventually it will exit the alpha stage and be beta-level software with decidedly more usability (including bandwidth and memory requirements).

Per the discussion on #monero-dev we will add a note to the OP that 32-bit binaries are not recommended and they require PAE.

Little bit late for "add a note to the OP", because i am solving this my little problem about a week. First then where were sync problems, i succeed, i synced. I had a thought to sent all 6 XMR for safety to one of exchanges, because of this error, but lagged there were no info about out of memory future  :|

Ok i am here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-unofficial-xmr-community-monero-faq-thread-686086, i believe there is no unhackable things in the world ...
Jump to: