Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1746. (Read 4670610 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
It's funny, to point out that it is too difficult for mainstream use right now but the devs have been telling us just that while they focus on the core features. Keep the masses out for now.

Monero is not overvalued, it is fairly valued. And we will know when it is overvalued because everyone will be piling money on top of each other to get some (0.02 and greater).

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
I just finished a late night overseeing the introduction of Monero on Mintpal.

While anticipating the opening of trade at current market value, i.e. around 650k satoshis to 700k satoshis,
it's still always interesting nonetheless to see how the market and traders will respond.

Traders like a coin they can profit on. They're only partially concerned about the long term. Cryptos to them are a high turnover, short-term market and 'quick buck' to be made!
After the inital opening of trade on Mintpal.com, however, the market response of Traders has been to pull the price down to levels where Traders can make some profits on it.

In short, Monero is overvalued and too technical at the moment in my opinion.

This is a technical Cryptocoin and Wallet system. It's not for mainstream use right now in its current form.

If a Trader wants to hold on to some Monero during a trading lull and/or quickly wants to move it to another exchange, they are going to need to invest TIME in learning and working with the
Monero command line wallet. This wallet requires manual command line creation and syncing setup steps before Monero can safely be moved to an offline wallet or moved to another exchange, or another wallet.

The Monero installation and getting started notes are not currently clear or detailed on its own website:
http://monero.cc/getting-started/index.html

A Windows user 'tutorial with pictures' is handled on ANOTHER website:
https://monerotalk.org/t/bounty-create-a-useful-tutorial-on-how-to-setup-monero/13

On this Tutorial page/website, some users are experiencing unsuccessful results after following instructions.

So until the Wallet install process in simplified, GUI-fied and improved upon, Monero's price will suffer so long as traders (who are time & patience short) continually realize that generally setting up the wallet and will require special command line-based learning and operation.

This makes Monero wallet is currently usable for the mainstream public who may be used to Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin wallets/apps, and even ATMs by now.

After its first pump and dump initiation before Trader profit taking, Monero's value may be restricted by the realm of tech knowledge and inconvenience until made easier to use.

portdavenport
Trader

Monero is doing what exactly needs to be doing. Being anonymous and not being wannabe anonymous. It is doing this right now and not in the future and is not closed source. I really dont care if it is  noob friendly right now. Those who have enough brain power to figure out why this coins has real value can also read about their investment and understand how to use it. They only need to read the OP and the links there... Those that dont will buy it and dump it. They wont even bother to download wallets at their computers..

Oh and those that really care about anonymity can easily spend 1 hour and understand how to use it except just writing "moon" on chats.

Monero will fix its bugs and be more noob friendly soon. Those that wait for it to be more noob friendly obviously will buy it or mine it with more cost. Right now it doesnt need to be mainstream. Have you seen any marketing? Getting mainstream too fast will just make it a pump and dump after all...

This. Is. Spot. On.  Thank you! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

While anticipating the opening of trade at current market value, i.e. around 650k satoshis to 700k satoshis,
it's still always interesting nonetheless to see how the market and traders will respond.

Traders like a coin they can profit on. They're only partially concerned about the long term. Cryptos to them are a high turnover, short-term market and 'quick buck' to be made!
After the inital opening of trade on Mintpal.com, however, the market response of Traders has been to pull the price down to levels where Traders can make some profits on it.

This is a technical Cryptocoin and Wallet system. It's not for mainstream use right now in its current form.

If a Trader wants to hold on to some Monero during a trading lull and/or quickly wants to move it to another exchange, they are going to need to invest TIME in learning and working with the
Monero command line wallet. This wallet requires manual command line creation and syncing setup steps before Monero can safely be moved to an offline wallet or moved to another exchange, or another wallet.

The Monero installation and getting started notes are not currently clear or detailed on its own website:

https://monerotalk.org/t/bounty-create-a-useful-tutorial-on-how-to-setup-monero/13

On this Tutorial page/website, some users are experiencing unsuccessful results after following instructions.

So until the Wallet install process in simplified, GUI-fied and improved upon, Monero's price will suffer so long as traders (who are time & patience short) continually realize that generally setting up the wallet and will require special command line-based learning and operation.

This makes Monero wallet is currently usable for the mainstream public who may be used to Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin wallets/apps, and even ATMs by now.

After its first pump and dump initiation before Trader profit taking, Monero's value may be restricted by the realm of tech knowledge and inconvenience until made easier to use.

portdavenport
Trader

Monero is doing what exactly needs to be doing. Being anonymous and not being wannabe anonymous. It is doing this right now and not in the future and is not closed source. I really dont care if it is  noob friendly right now. Those who have enough brain power to figure out why this coins has real value can also read about their investment and understand how to use it. They only need to read the OP and the links there... Those that dont will buy it and dump it. They wont even bother to download wallets at their computers..

Oh and those that really care about anonymity can easily spend 1 hour and understand how to use it except just writing "moon" on chats.

Monero will fix its bugs and be more noob friendly soon. Those that wait for it to be more noob friendly obviously will buy it or mine it with more cost. Right now it doesnt need to be mainstream. Have you seen any marketing? Getting mainstream too fast will just make it a pump and dump after all...
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Appreciate the concern portdavenport, but, we didn't get this far by lacking in the computer savvy department.   A GUI wallet will no doubt simplify and help mainstream the coin, and it will happen, but the devs have stated that there are more important issues to deal with first. Develop a solid core before making it pretty.   Daytraders may suffer, ultimately,  it doesn't matter for those of us sticking around.  A GUI wallet is only a wrapper with little pictures over the same commands...Value it as you will.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
good,
we can trade xmr AT MP Grin
Activity: 166

So until the Wallet install process in simplified, GUI-fied and improved upon, Monero's price will suffer so long as traders (who are time & patience short) continually realize that generally setting up the wallet will require special command line-based learning and operation.

This makes the Monero wallet currently usable for the mainstream public who may be used to Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin wallets/apps, and even ATMs by now.

portdavenport
Trader
Activity: 15
In the meantime, www.extremehash.com is running real smooooooth
About that smooth:

yeah I pointed 5.5kh/s to extremehash for 12 hrs  only got paid 0.35 XMR  what a waste mining on that pool

With the new pool update, there is a min. payout instead of paying out every block which would result in more dust. Payout also occurs after the block has matured. Would you take a look at your your wallet again and keep me posted? Thanks!

Been there since day 1. Love this pool.

I have no problems with the pool at all

https://i.imgur.com/9Y5hfGi.png

If your hashrate is low relative to the network hashrate, please wait for sufficient hashes to be submitted to the pool before pointing fingers. The latest pool update is trying to help you avoid dust.

Activity: 28

yeah I pointed 5.5kh/s to extremehash for 12 hrs  only got paid 0.35 XMR  what a waste mining on that pool

With the new pool update, there is a min. payout instead of paying out every block which would result in more dust. Payout also occurs after the block has matured. Would you take a look at your your wallet again and keep me posted? Thanks!
Activity: 252
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
In the meantime, www.extremehash.com is running real smooooooth
About that smooth:

yeah I pointed 5.5kh/s to extremehash for 12 hrs  only got paid 0.35 XMR  what a waste mining on that pool

why not use moneropool.org, i think extremehash not have many miner on their network and it will make the mining process more difficult, should the number of hashes that much you've had to get MRO
Activity: 28

yeah I pointed 5.5kh/s to extremehash for 12 hrs  only got paid 0.35 XMR  what a waste mining on that pool
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
The Payment ID requirement will indeed be a constant issue. This one-address-per-wallet limitation is something that needs to be resolved on Monero's end (and soon) if we ever expect it to grow as a currency. Transaction differentiation should happen outside of the blockchain, anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I wouldn't put to much weight on TA.  I've seen it work and not work.  
The function of TA is to give the trader an edge, an improvement over random chance.  Even a 0.01% edge can be monetized well, if you know how and the characteristics of the market are appropriate.  When combined with regime analysis TA is more effective.  I think the optimal use of technical methods in crypto differs in important ways from their optimal use in most other markets, but I am confident that they will provide an edge if used optimally.  Indeed I think that is an understatement.

TA wise, were certainly experiencing a downtrend.
However, nice buy wall support signifies bullish strength.

This one could go either way, boys. I'm definitely not selling any though. There is some opportunity for a panic dump, though. I won't participate (except to add)

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

Infinite loop for me

Edit :
An Error Was Encountered

Internal Server Error
legendary
Activity: 1498
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
I wouldn't put to much weight on TA.  I've seen it work and not work.  
The function of TA is to give the trader an edge, an improvement over random chance.  Even a 0.01% edge can be monetized well, if you know how and the characteristics of the market are appropriate.  When combined with regime analysis TA is more effective.  I think the optimal use of technical methods in crypto differs in important ways from their optimal use in most other markets, but I am confident that they will provide an edge if used optimally.  Indeed I think that is an understatement.
legendary
Activity: 896
I don't understand why all these people are having issues.  Leave your coin on the exchange or in your wallet.  What is the purpose of moving from exchange to exchange unless you want to dump a bunch and need to spread it out?  Mintpall is no better than Poloniex for trading XMR.

Both are shit.

Bittrex is a better exchange.  Moving coins to mintpal tells me there was hope for a pump/dump.

It was obvious it was going to be a dump.  If you were going to hold your coins then there would be no need to move them. 

I don't understand why all these people are having issues.  Leave your coin on the exchange or in your wallet.  What is the purpose of moving from exchange to exchange unless you want to dump a bunch and need to spread it out?  Mintpall is no better than Poloniex for trading XMR.

Your correct but again some of us saw the prices at mintpal in the beginning and transferred, or that is tried to transfer.  3 1/2 hours and waiting.

I moved 200 coins there and sold about half of them for 0.00860000.  It took less than a half hour to confirm.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

Your correct but again some of us saw the prices at mintpal in the beginning and transferred, or that is tried to transfer.  3 1/2 hours and waiting.
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
What is the correct way to do this?
Do you input this in to the wallet address when you are withdrawing from bittrex?
transfer 0 [Base Addresss] [amount] [Payment_Id]
Where you input base address, the amount of xmr, and the payment id all separated by spaces?  Do you leave "transfer 0" in the line as well?
Bittrex currently are not giving you an option to enter a Payment ID, so you can't transfer directly to another exchange. You should transfer to your wallet first (you don't need Payment ID for that) and then send from your wallet to another exchange. Instead of 'transfer 0' use higher then 0 (5 for example or at least 1) if you want your transaction to be obfuscated in the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

Both are shit.

Bittrex is a better exchange.  Moving coins to mintpal tells me there was hope for a pump/dump.
legendary
Activity: 896
Jump to: