Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1749. (Read 4670610 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Can you mine this coin with GPU or is it strictly CPU?

Sure, you can mine it with GPU. Currently I know just AMD miner https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v113-638915
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Can you mine this coin with GPU or is it strictly CPU?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Thanks Taco.

Anyone want some monero?

legendary
Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015
when abouts will this coin have usable qt?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
What is the benefit of adaptive block sizing?

Mostly it prevents rapid spam attacks and also high orphan rates when txs initially accelerate on the network. Additionally, it provides a mechanism to reduce inflation through blockreward penalty (although we capped that and are working to optimize that section of the code now).

There are downsides, namely that it allows miners to basically control the size of blocks, which the Bitcoin core devs don't like. gmaxwell thinks it should be dumped, smooth wants to proceed with it and see how well it works for us. Less inflation means high price vs fiat typically.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Adaptive block sizing means right now it's hard to get money around in XMR chain because it is saturated. However, over the next hour the blockchain will expand its blocksize and this will be less of an issue. Please wait for your tx to be included in the blockchain.

What is the benefit of adaptive block sizing?
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

nice mintpal welcome selloff

What caused the selloff? I thought mintpal would cause it to increase in price ? The selloff is pretty bad... dropped in price rather significantly

I've found that any coin that Mintpal adds from wining votes gets dumped hard.  Coins they add from being popular tend to do much better.  I don't think Monero will get dumped to hard, but I feel it can recover.

Ah - thats interesting

The past week starting around tuesday is when I noticed a small jump in price and it steadily was going up daily.  Keep in mind that was when it was a pretty clear Monero was in the lead to being listed.  IIRC i think it was around .004

You recon it would fall down to 0.004 ?

I don't know.. anything is possible.  The fact is a lot of people accumulated coins in the .0016-.0025  about 2-3 weeks ago so at this point they are up 3x

It also depends on said persons investment timeline.

Does technical analysis work for cryptocoins ?

I wouldn't put to much weight on TA.  I've seen it work and not work. 
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Adaptive block sizing means right now it's hard to get money around in XMR chain because it is saturated. However, over the next hour the blockchain will expand its blocksize and this will be less of an issue. Please wait for your tx to be included in the blockchain.

Thanks for the info. This makes sense.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

What caused the selloff? I thought mintpal would cause it to increase in price ? The selloff is pretty bad... dropped in price rather significantly

I've found that any coin that Mintpal adds from wining votes gets dumped hard.  Coins they add from being popular tend to do much better.  I don't think Monero will get dumped to hard, but I feel it can recover.

Ah - thats interesting

The past week starting around tuesday is when I noticed a small jump in price and it steadily was going up daily.  Keep in mind that was when it was a pretty clear Monero was in the lead to being listed.  IIRC i think it was around .004

I don't know.. anything is possible.  The fact is a lot of people accumulated coins in the .0016-.0025  about 2-3 weeks ago so at this point they are up 3x

Does technical analysis work for cryptocoins ?
Activity: 300
Just tried to send XMR from Poloniex to MintPal but the status is 'COMPLETE:ERROR' - bit worrying. Has anyone experienced that before?

Edit: the transaction isn't showing on the blockchain & the coins are gone from my Polo account :-S

just had that too. I'm worried. where are the coins?

your transactions stuck, open a ticket within Poloniex describe your problem, they will process the transaction manually.
legendary
Activity: 896
This is possibly the busiest time for any one blockchain that happened ever... Imagine everybody sending all their coins to mintpal all at once!

It happens all the time.  This is nothing special.  I don't understand why everyone wants to send their coins to mintpal.  What was wrong with Poloniex?  

Because we saw the price higher there but unlike sending btc that poloniex accepts after 1 confirmation, about 10 minutes, it takes hours or a day to send Monero/XMR

I've never had an XMR transaction take that long.  An hour at most.

Oh, and I sent a small amount 200 coins to mintpal and it was confirmed in about half an hour.
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

I've found that any coin that Mintpal adds from wining votes gets dumped hard.  Coins they add from being popular tend to do much better.  I don't think Monero will get dumped to hard, but I feel it can recover.

Ah - thats interesting

The past week starting around tuesday is when I noticed a small jump in price and it steadily was going up daily.  Keep in mind that was when it was a pretty clear Monero was in the lead to being listed.  IIRC i think it was around .004

I don't know.. anything is possible.  The fact is a lot of people accumulated coins in the .0016-.0025  about 2-3 weeks ago so at this point they are up 3x

legendary
This is possibly the busiest time for any one blockchain that happened ever... Imagine everybody sending all their coins to mintpal all at once!

It happens all the time.  This is nothing special.  I don't understand why everyone wants to send their coins to mintpal.  What was wrong with Poloniex?  

Because we saw the price higher there but unlike sending btc that poloniex accepts after 1 confirmation, about 10 minutes, it takes hours or a day to send Monero/XMR

I'm fine with this. Can we expect a day wait for sending then (just happy to know for sure).
legendary
Sent coins an hour ago, but can't find revived transaction id on blockchain sites. Why?

Same problem. Not sure what is going on.

Same here. Got two transactions out fine and it's in mintpal. Another transaction is nowhere to be seen.

It's odd. I'll send a ticket and see what the exchanges say.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

Activity: 364
Is balance = unconfirmed coins
Unlocked balance = confirmed and spendable coins ?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Sent coins an hour ago, but can't find revived transaction id on blockchain sites. Why?

Same problem. Not sure what is going on.

Same here. Got two transactions out fine and it's in mintpal. Another transaction is nowhere to be seen.
legendary
Hmm my transaction is not even in the blockchain  Huh
Jump to: