Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 781. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
if anybody figures out a command line copy and paste for the deps /packages it would be great if you post them similar to the stuff I aggregated for monero compiling, nvidia compiling etc.

I was hoping someone would jump in with a Monero vervsion of this
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
if anybody figures out a command line copy and paste for the deps /packages it would be great if you post them similar to the stuff I aggregated for monero compiling, nvidia compiling etc.
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
Sure, compiling instructions right here: make
No, that's it. Clone the git and make.

I missing OpenCL so can't compile it. Anyone wanna direct me to a URL/package name/ guide?
I suspect I could follow a litecoin guide or similar.

Back in the day when I was GPU mining you had to install something called AMD APP SDK or whatever the name was can't remember...

Please just write what dependencies are need and how to get them.
That's all we need for now.

Edit: I'm running Debian Linux.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Ever since I solo mined a block on my DigitalOcean droplet a month ago (30-40 H/s) I've been more interested in mining, but pool mining just doesn't excite me. So I'm very glad to see that solo GPU mining is a goal!

I realized though that with solo GPU mining, we'll lose donations to core that pool ops generally implement. Hopefully Wolf's solo code can include this option, or the core devs will implement it into the general coinbase thinger, because I know this is a R&D goal.

If I do overhaul the pool code, it'd be simple to incorporate it in the solo miner once the pool part is done - just add an output to the coinbase transaction.

Probably better to do some random 1/N donation than bloat every coinbase.
legendary
Ever since I solo mined a block on my DigitalOcean droplet a month ago (30-40 H/s) I've been more interested in mining, but pool mining just doesn't excite me. So I'm very glad to see that solo GPU mining is a goal!

I realized though that with solo GPU mining, we'll lose donations to core that pool ops generally implement. Hopefully Wolf's solo code can include this option, or the core devs will implement it into the general coinbase thinger, because I know this is a R&D goal.

That's a good idea.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Activity: 425
Pretty much done with the custom miner, iDunk on IRC is running a stability test.

EDIT: I should say milestone 2; the performance kinda sucks - needs more work.

Any details on performance? (And cpu load?)

Miner works now; the code for the stratum and general stuff is fully custom, as well. Clears 400H/s on 290X, meeting the first performance milestone, as the OpenCL has been improved.

Here it is: https://github.com/wolf9466/wolf-xmr-miner

Needs a little bit of WinSock code added before it's ready for a Windows build, but that's about it.

Is it possible to upload compiled miner somewhere or give instructions on how can I compile it?
Thanks for the great work!

I'm sorry, but I did not understand!
What is this "make"? No such executable file in you compilation!!!
If you a little more detail!

Make a build utility that uses Makefile as input. You get make as part of your OS (if your OS includes development tools) or along with however you do get your development tools (compilers, etc.) if it doesn't.

I have no compiler on my PC! That is why I asked if it is possible compiled file to get somewhere! Not all programmers are here!
Thanks!
legendary
Pretty much done with the custom miner, iDunk on IRC is running a stability test.

Miner works now; the code for the stratum and general stuff is fully custom, as well. Clears 400H/s on 290X, meeting the first performance milestone, as the OpenCL has been improved.

Needs a little bit of WinSock code added before it's ready for a Windows build, but that's about it.

Is it possible to upload compiled miner somewhere or give instructions on how can I compile it?

Make a build utility that uses Makefile as input. You get make as part of your OS (if your OS includes development tools) or along with however you do get your development tools (compilers, etc.) if it doesn't.

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Hi there,

Quick heads up - Doesn't build under ubuntu 14.04 running gcc 4.8 due to a bug in gcc4.8

Code:
main.c:10:23: fatal error: stdatomic.h: No such file or directory
 #include

Issue with gcc 4.8 reported here https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58016 (Bug 58016 - stdatomic.h missing in 4.8.1)

Resolution is to upgrade to gcc 4.9 (haven't done this yet - will do when I figure out how to).

Cheers

Dave

*** EDIT ***

Ah Rats, updated to gcc 4.9 but my opencl version is out of date.  I guess it's time to upgrade my OS.

Wolf0, what is your build setup, os, etc?

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
A second update from our part time developer tewinget on documentation and cleanup of source code -> https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/2373/documentation-and-cleanup-of-source-code?sort=date_desc
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

What is this mysterious DRK coin being alluded to in your sig?  No XMR donations accepted?
Activity: 198
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
UPDATE: Funding required for an open source AMD miner (done by Wolf0) currently at 5,031.33/5,750.00 (87.50%) -> https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2400/open-source-amd-miner-by-wolf0

That's nice, I would like to see Wolf not hold back on this project. I've read that his previous code was only "partly optimized'. Impress us!

The only thing that won't be fully optimized are the finalization hashes in CryptoNight - simply because they don't matter for speed, and would require me to open source code that could be used in X algos and others.

What about you building in a 1% to devfund-fee instead of a 5% to claymore? Smiley

Pointless work, as it'll be removed pretty soon, and then everyone will use the one without the fee. Even people who would have donated may not learn about the miner with the fee - for example, how many of you donate to Girino for the original darkcoin-mod?

i know of no such coin, nor do i mine anything besides monero

Have you ever posted pix of your mining setup?
legendary
UPDATE: Funding required for an open source AMD miner (done by Wolf0) currently at 5,031.33/5,750.00 (87.50%) -> https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2400/open-source-amd-miner-by-wolf0

That's nice, I would like to see Wolf not hold back on this project. I've read that his previous code was only "partly optimized'. Impress us!

The only thing that won't be fully optimized are the finalization hashes in CryptoNight - simply because they don't matter for speed, and would require me to open source code that could be used in X algos and others.

What about you building in a 1% to devfund-fee instead of a 5% to claymore? Smiley

Pointless work, as it'll be removed pretty soon, and then everyone will use the one without the fee. Even people who would have donated may not learn about the miner with the fee - for example, how many of you donate to Girino for the original darkcoin-mod?

i know of no such coin, nor do i mine anything besides monero
Activity: 283

Jump to: