Pages:
Author

Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL - page 18. (Read 45613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
August 21, 2013, 12:19:53 PM
BFL is just taking CC processors out of the equation at their business. I see no evidence their account has been suspended. (As of yet)

Paypal isn't going to stand by and leave BFL's account in good standing while they take hit after hit of chargebacks. A run of Paypal chargebacks and then BFL stops accepting Paypal. I think there's a connection.
[Rabid Speculation]

Personally I think they saw money flowing out of their coffers. The difficulty made customers realize that they were totally fucked on making ROI.

They (BFL) probably decided to launch the next project and announce it as fast as possible. CGI render in place, check.

Sales Pitch: Oh wow, look at this, we are making a 600Gh/s PCIe card!

They did it so fast they didn't even have time to write up a press release. They just announced it on forums and such, as far as I can see.

BAM, the flood of funds starts to come back into the coffers.

-------------------

Like lemmings its not unexpected that customers ran for the next offering. BFL probably wanted to clear the older orders and transfer them into an offering some months into the future.

They killed like three birds with one stone.

--Take Paypal off their site. Eliminating PayPal oversight.
--Give themselves a legitimate excuse to stop chargebacks.
--Reduce the liability they have hovering over their heads from Gen 1 not being delivered anywhere near on time.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 12:01:52 PM
Basically BFL has enjoyed a huge volume of sales being affiliated to the Paypal brand, and to be fair most of it's customers were stupid enough to adhere to being told 'no refunds', fact is recently as has been discussed at length on this forum.

If you paid by ccard using Paypal as a payment processor, that's not the case, and BFl can be held accountable.

Like Hashfast, BFL don't want to held responsible for reckless behaviour with customers funds, and annoying nuances such as promised delivery dates.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
August 21, 2013, 11:57:29 AM
Thank you Pay"PAL" !  Angry

"Outside the 45 days we can't do nothing, even if they are Criminals" - a quote from a paypal agent I just had on the phone !
Seems like the american paypal customer service is a bit more aware, if they helped you.
Is fraud@ or customerservice@ paypal.com any good to adress this whole thing to? German customer "service" seems to know sh**!

Cheers and good luck@all

It might be that US law and FTC regulations compels PayPal to help, while German/EU law may not.  Sad
Also, make sure PayPal knows that you gave them the opportunity to address the issue before you went to your Credit Card Company.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
August 21, 2013, 11:53:15 AM
BFL is just taking CC processors out of the equation at their business. I see no evidence their account has been suspended. (As of yet)

Paypal isn't going to stand by and leave BFL's account in good standing while they take hit after hit of chargebacks. A run of Paypal chargebacks and then BFL stops accepting Paypal. I think there's a connection.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 11:51:22 AM
Thank you Pay"PAL" !  Angry

"Outside the 45 days we can't do nothing, even if they are Criminals" - a quote from a paypal agent I just had on the phone !
Seems like the american paypal customer service is a bit more aware, if they helped you.
Is fraud@ or customerservice@ paypal.com any good to adress this whole thing to? German customer "service" seems to know sh**!

Cheers and good luck@all
legendary
August 21, 2013, 11:24:23 AM
legendary
August 21, 2013, 11:23:09 AM
Paypal has terminated BFL's account, so it's just going to get harder and harder to obtain a refund.
Source?

I wasn't aware of this. When did this happen?

It's obvious because they no longer accept Paypal.

I just think that means they stopped taking Paypal.

legendary
August 21, 2013, 11:14:33 AM
Paypal has terminated BFL's account, so it's just going to get harder and harder to obtain a refund.
Source?

It's obvious because they no longer accept Paypal.

legendary
August 21, 2013, 11:11:49 AM
Source?

legendary
Activity: 1190
August 21, 2013, 11:11:21 AM

Didnt work for me even referring to that txn. Theyre claiming
- its been left too long and
- that its illegal for them to try and claw back funds from the vendor
- that they cant claw back funds for the vendor (for unmentioned reasons)

Going to have to try the chargeback route.
[/quote]

Same problem here. PayPal doesn't give a **** !
[/quote]

Also try informing PayPal that you wanted to give them a chance to resolve it first, before you went to your Credit Card company and issued a chargeback.
legendary
August 21, 2013, 11:10:38 AM
legendary
August 21, 2013, 11:05:12 AM
Keep trying.

You should also ask what their extension is if they do give refunds easily.

So this way, other people following behind you can ask PayPal to transfer them to the right extension.
August 21, 2013, 10:59:41 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same problem here. PayPal doesn't give a **** !
Activity: 167
August 20, 2013, 06:01:16 AM
This one got a refund: https://www.facebook.com/ButterflyLabs/posts/622244797807330

Aaron Creamer You are right Ron. It DID say "up to 2 months" but they changed the fine print to what it is now. I also ordered in April. Just so you know I made a call to paypal this afternoon and requested a refund based on the fact that I hadn't received the goods. No questions asked paypal entered in an "escalated dispute" and within 5 minutes I received a cancellation/refund email from Butterfly Labs. It seems that BFL is on a special list at paypal and they are waiving the 45 day rule now and issuing refunds. I hope this helps.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
August 20, 2013, 03:07:20 AM
Could someone share a transaction ID (of paypal) of a refunded BFL-payment outside the 45 days, so other scammed forum members can relate to that and make paypal refund their orders, too ?
If they refund one, they should have to refund all. But they will try from case to case not to.
So we would have a  precedence for paypal ("But there you refunded, too").
Cheers
Here you go: Transaction ID#5RD94261LH009261E

Thx Mate !

August 20, 2013, 02:18:46 AM
Could someone share a transaction ID (of paypal) of a refunded BFL-payment outside the 45 days, so other scammed forum members can relate to that and make paypal refund their orders, too ?
If they refund one, they should have to refund all. But they will try from case to case not to.
Cheers

Thx Mate !
legendary
Activity: 994
August 19, 2013, 10:51:32 PM
Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1064
August 19, 2013, 06:09:27 AM
I called paypal today, in the UK. Got a very angry woman (due to what I told her) who told me she was going to investigate BFL and shut them down if what I say is found to be true. She advised me to get chargebacks for the debits made to my card. Some came from my PP balance so I'll call back next week to see if they have finished their investigation and see where it goes from there.
August 19, 2013, 02:44:43 AM
Cheers
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 17, 2013, 12:35:21 PM

But then... What about the life-time warranty  Undecided ?
*Lifetime Warranty good for two weeks after delivery, or until Sonny's probation ends.
Pages:
Jump to: