Pages:
Author

Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL - page 20. (Read 45591 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
August 10, 2013, 08:11:45 PM
I feel for you Xian,getting forced refunded was a bunch of bullshit...why would you bother going & ordering anything from BFL  Huh

*shrugs* I have no good answer for you, other than morbid curiosity. Was genuinely surprised the sale went through and my account with BFL wasn't locked after the ordeal of firing me as a customer.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
August 10, 2013, 08:07:43 PM
What is this "hedging" crap  Huh  You pay @ current BTC exchange rate,you receive @ current exchange rate 

Agreed. This "hedging" statement does not stand to reason.

OTOH, if one makes a living via shorting the dollar, they could easily order, then cancel 44 days later, receiving the same exact dollar amount but has less buying power. Genius!

So glad BFL was wise enough to end this practice.

Boy, what I would give to sit in the hotel across the way, peering out the window and watching moving vans loading up and pulling away as their one year lease comes to a close.

I see Josh placing bids for advertising, but not winning any. In fact, I haven't seen one of their ads lately except on Sonny Vleisides' site, Webspawner.com, where at the bottom of most lottery scheme pages you'll find an ORDER NOW BFL ad. I honestly don't think Sonny learnt his lesson even though he had to dole out a whopping $100 fine for his 15 year running lottery scam of which fleece tens of millions from the elderly. But, I guess a guy can change from ripping off people's grandmothers to conning geeks.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 10, 2013, 07:28:33 PM
What is this "hedging" crap  Huh  You pay @ current BTC exchange rate,you receive @ current exchange rate 

I feel for you Xian,getting forced refunded was a bunch of bullshit...why would you bother going & ordering anything from BFL  Huh

You got away from them,now you can say anything you want about them & pursue that "legal recourse",why hit a hornets nest with a stick  Huh

You may get stung & stuck with your order with them,THAT would be funny  Cheesy
legendary
Christian Antkow
August 10, 2013, 07:02:18 PM

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 10, 2013, 06:58:04 PM
 We already know BFL wont gave refund and paypal wont gave refund after 45 days.  

Considering I requested a refund, formally, within 45 minutes of the sale, I'm hoping it should be a simple one-time open-and-shut case, not needing to escalate with Paypal at all.

All things considered, amazed I was able to order at all seeing as how they fired me as a customer.

Will make a good-faith effort to wait until EOD Monday Aug 12th before considering escalating with Paypal, because, well, doing otherwise would just be silly for everyone involved right now... Wouldn't want for BFL to set up yet another Paypal account before allowing their current one to reach good-standing...

--- EDIT:

BFL left this message with Paypal when looking into the dispute process for the account belonging to "[email protected]". I have gone ahead and emailed [email protected] for a refund instead of opening a dispute.

Our Refund Process
We reserve the right to process refund requests on an individual basis. Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order, for the following reasons: * The funds are used in the build process, making the pre-order impractical to reverse. * To prevent Bitcoin price hedging. * To account for minimal customer service resources. We follow the US FTC's business guide for mail or telephone ordered merchandise, which states that: if no delivery terms are stated or agreed to, then 30 days should be assumed as the shipping deadline. Pursuant to which, we have consistently notified customers of our back-order situation, the non-refundability of their order(s), and the expected multi-month delay. Nevertheless, we realize unique circumstances can arise, such as when much distress was experienced by some customers during our long product-development phase. Please consider contacting [email protected] instead of opening a formal dispute process

"Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order" directly conflicts with Paypal's pre-order service terms, to the best of my knowledge.
Ah, that is interesting. They are now accepting refunds under the condition that you show some kind of emotional distress?

I guess this means you should be in tears when calling up dave and requesting a refund. If you are too nice, or you lack emotional turmoil from the wait, then you are basically not needing a refund. Makes sense....

What is this "hedging" crap  Huh  You pay @ current BTC exchange rate,you receive @ current exchange rate  Roll Eyes I think folks keep ordering & refunding to stay in the 45 day refund window ....not to "hedge"  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
August 10, 2013, 04:56:43 PM

Considering I requested a refund, formally, within 45 minutes of the sale, I'm hoping it should be a simple one-time open-and-shut case, not needing to escalate with Paypal at all.

All things considered, amazed I was able to order at all seeing as how they fired me as a customer.

Will make a good-faith effort to wait until EOD Monday Aug 12th before considering escalating with Paypal, because, well, doing otherwise would just be silly for everyone involved right now... Wouldn't want for BFL to set up yet another Paypal account before allowing their current one to reach good-standing...

--- EDIT:

BFL left this message with Paypal when looking into the dispute process for the account belonging to "[email protected]". I have gone ahead and emailed [email protected] for a refund instead of opening a dispute.

Our Refund Process
We reserve the right to process refund requests on an individual basis. Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order, for the following reasons: * The funds are used in the build process, making the pre-order impractical to reverse. * To prevent Bitcoin price hedging. * To account for minimal customer service resources. We follow the US FTC's business guide for mail or telephone ordered merchandise, which states that: if no delivery terms are stated or agreed to, then 30 days should be assumed as the shipping deadline. Pursuant to which, we have consistently notified customers of our back-order situation, the non-refundability of their order(s), and the expected multi-month delay. Nevertheless, we realize unique circumstances can arise, such as when much distress was experienced by some customers during our long product-development phase. Please consider contacting [email protected] instead of opening a formal dispute process

"Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order" directly conflicts with Paypal's pre-order service terms, to the best of my knowledge.
Ah, that is interesting. They are now accepting refunds under the condition that you show some kind of emotional distress?

I guess this means you should be in tears when calling up dave and requesting a refund. If you are too nice, or you lack emotional turmoil from the wait, then you are basically not needing a refund. Makes sense....
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 10, 2013, 12:54:59 PM
 Did anyone do bank CC charge back?

Promptly requested a refund with office@bfl. I imagine there will be no need to escalate that far in this particular instance...

Sure they will. That was the original point of this thread.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 10, 2013, 12:40:26 PM

You will get refund from Paypal for less 45 days and good lucky to you.
legendary
Christian Antkow
August 10, 2013, 12:31:29 PM

--- EDIT:

Our Refund Process

---

"Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order" directly conflicts with Paypal's pre-order service terms, to the best of my knowledge. Furthermore, the verbiage "Pursuant to which, we have consistently notified customers of our back-order situation, the non-refundability of their order(s), and the expected multi-month delay" is an attempt at justifying infinite delays.
August 10, 2013, 12:17:20 PM

Promptly requested a refund with office@bfl. I imagine there will be no need to escalate that far in this particular instance...

legendary
Christian Antkow
August 10, 2013, 12:08:27 PM

August 10, 2013, 11:50:41 AM
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2013, 11:19:35 AM
i opened a claim with the FTC against them

guys you should do the same.
legendary
Christian Antkow
August 10, 2013, 10:08:18 AM
I just tried it.  Goes all the way to the final page prior to my account being charged.  It's still active.

"Thank you for your purchase!
Your order # is: 1000740xx.
You will receive an order confirmation email with details of your order and a link to track its progress."

Paypal is still active. Amusingly, I just spent $308 on a 5GH/s Jally + std shipping.

Thought I was fired.

Guess I'll go ask for a refund now ?

-----------------------------------
Purchase Details
-----------------------------------

Description:5 GH/s Bitcoin Miner, Item #:BF0005G
Unit price:274.00 USD
Qty:1
Amount:$274.00 USD

Description:Shipping, Item #:Standard Shipping - Only
Unit price:34.00 USD
Qty:1
Amount:$34.00 USD

Subtotal: $308.00 USD
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
August 10, 2013, 08:48:47 AM

From what I understand, their account is already dead.

What makes you say this?

Someone posted in one of these threads that they tried to order using paypal and it didn't go through.

If someone wants to test, they'll certainly be able to cancel the order the next day.

Ya I read that one as well but if it is only the one report of it happening it may not be fair to assume the account is dead.  Could be a lot of reasons why one dude couldn't make a paypal payment (could even be that person wasn't being truthful!).

With only the single count and still seeing PP as a payment option on their website I assume its still active at this point.

I just tried it.  Goes all the way to the final page prior to my account being charged.  It's still active.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
August 10, 2013, 08:36:27 AM
I have 3 disputes against them one of the orders i used my credit card thru paypal and the rest from my bank account.

Now if i dispute it with my credit card and do a charge back will be account be in a bad standing with paypal?

Also on my disputes paypal is asking me to respond and when i click on view there is nothing that i can do it is either cancel dispute or change reason.

What should i do?

Show us a screen cap of what you are seeing so I can try to figure out what the latest BFL maneuver seems to be about. (how are they doing it, what are they exploiting, how can it be resolved properly)

Make sure to scrub any sensitive info from the screencapture.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
August 10, 2013, 07:45:30 AM

What makes you say this?

Someone posted in one of these threads that they tried to order using paypal and it didn't go through.

If someone wants to test, they'll certainly be able to cancel the order the next day.

Ya I read that one as well but if it is only the one report of it happening it may not be fair to assume the account is dead.  Could be a lot of reasons why one dude couldn't make a paypal payment (could even be that person wasn't being truthful!).

With only the single count and still seeing PP as a payment option on their website I assume its still active at this point.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2013, 07:40:58 AM
Need to organize. You need to shout you need to get together and make them REFUND. If they don't shout louder and be sure to make 10 other people aware of their inability to offer prompt refunds. Time to BOYCOTT until they refund everyone. Don't sit back and let them do this anymore. Avalon chip buyers are organizing you BFL customers need to do the same. Let's put these companies under as much pressure as we can and fight back.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 10, 2013, 07:35:46 AM
I have 3 disputes against them one of the orders i used my credit card thru paypal and the rest from my bank account.

Now if i dispute it with my credit card and do a charge back will be account be in a bad standing with paypal?

Also on my disputes paypal is asking me to respond and when i click on view there is nothing that i can do it is either cancel dispute or change reason.

What should i do?

Pick up the telephone and call PayPal.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
August 10, 2013, 02:46:18 AM

What makes you say this?

Or make a phone call claiming that you tried to send a payment to BF Labs Inc. and it wouldn't go through. If true, the person on the phone will state that that account has been suspended.

Amazingly, anytime in the future if somebody were to Google Sonny Vleisides and Butterfly Labs, this post about suspensions will be at the top of the results.

What's even more amazing is that Josh hasn't been here lately to defend any of what's been said about BFL. Wouldn't a company worth their salt in a niche market that's the number one producer of a niche product for said niche market want to come to the number one forum that discusses the niche to clear up misinformation in a civil manner? Yes, I know, civil is a stretch, but I was reaching out to the guy donning a red nose.

And now for the guy who loathes images...

Mr. Peeples was the only guy in the world that ALWAYS gave 100% no-questions-asked refunds.
Pages:
Jump to: