Pages:
Author

Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL - page 11. (Read 45613 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 04, 2013, 07:25:10 AM
I emailed the president of paypal and got a telephone call from a member of the "executive issue resolution team" who assured me they will do all they can to obtain a refund for me on my orders from BFL. Fingers crossed.

You also need to tell them that you're not the only one who paid using Paypal and is asking for a refund.  The other nondelivery reports are being auto-closed by Paypal for being over their 45-day rule, but if they had someone check on those auto-closed reports, they will see so many complaints.

The person did say that although closed, all reports will be looked into.  I did advise him I was by far not the only one.  Should hear back soon!
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
September 04, 2013, 03:49:43 AM
I emailed the president of paypal and got a telephone call from a member of the "executive issue resolution team" who assured me they will do all they can to obtain a refund for me on my orders from BFL. Fingers crossed.

You also need to tell them that you're not the only one who paid using Paypal and is asking for a refund.  The other nondelivery reports are being auto-closed by Paypal for being over their 45-day rule, but if they had someone check on those auto-closed reports, they will see so many complaints.
Activity: 518
September 04, 2013, 12:25:10 AM
Activity: 149
September 03, 2013, 10:04:44 PM
Hi to Bitcoin forum.

This note is for the people out there who want to get a refund from Butterfly Labs.

I just wanted to say that I ordered 2 products from Butterfly Labs last month (August 5, 2013). I had no prior knowledge of their business. I changed my mind about my two orders once I learned more about their backlog of orders and business model.

Two days ago BFL gave me a refund through paypal and my credit card. It was pretty straightforward and extremely simple. It took one phone call, one email to BFL to confirm that they would not give me a refund, a copy and paste of their reply into my paypal dispute, and a waiting period of about 4 days. BFL has been saying all last month that they aren't giving refunds, ....but I got mine. Roll Eyes

If you used a credit card and paypal for your orders, and you still want a refund, hopefully you can get the same smooth experience.

Sincerely,
Temuujin
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
September 02, 2013, 11:11:55 AM
Thank you for share those information, hope we can get the money back soon
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 30, 2013, 09:48:59 PM
I had the opportunity to reply to BFL's response to the BBB, and I did state that "2 months or more" is not a definite date according to FTC rules, and that denial of refund requests also runs contrary to FTC rules.  So if BBB closes my complaint, it will be marked as complainant unsatisfied.  Maybe BBB personnel should take a refresher course on the FTC mail order rules.

They should read their own standards for businesses and then really be given all the information including the posts here in this forum where Josh has been abusive. They have failed on many areas of the BBB standards if one were to seek accreditation from the BBB.

Just keep sending in the evidence... it will all be compiled every bit counts.

Given what we have seen from BFL they would fail on each standard outlined.

http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-accreditation-standards/
August 30, 2013, 09:21:49 PM
I had the opportunity to reply to BFL's response to the BBB, and I did state that "2 months or more" is not a definite date according to FTC rules, and that denial of refund requests also runs contrary to FTC rules.  So if BBB closes my complaint, it will be marked as complainant unsatisfied.  Maybe BBB personnel should take a refresher course on the FTC mail order rules.
Activity: 15
August 30, 2013, 05:18:46 PM
Of the FTC, KC AG, and KC BBB, the KC BBB was the only organization (so far) to actually service my complaint.

Sadly, today they administratively closed my complaint, citing that they had made a good faith effort to resolve the complaint.  So I called them up, and spoke with the person assigned to my case (Lauren) and she told me that the BBB's investigator had decided that BFL was not doing anything wrong, and that they were going to wait until after September 30 to take further action.  I didn't understand why this was the case, and didn't get a very detailed answer when I asked, other than that September 30 was given to the BBB by BFL.  My first piece of correspondence with BFL through the BBB included that date as well, as the current estimate for most of the backlog to be fulfilled.  But that was the first I'd heard that date.

So I have an open question to the investigator about why BFL is considered to have done everything above board when they didn't give definite shipping dates, and also didn't give another chance to receive a refund after failing to meet "two months" after May 1 (when orders were reconfirmed for the chassis change).

I guess I'll wait for the investigator's reply, but it seems like based on the BBB's response, the AG is the next step.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
August 28, 2013, 10:59:55 AM
This took WAY too long, Sonny's probation is almost over, Fucker is going to get off with another tiny fine and warning
legendary
Activity: 1064
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
August 27, 2013, 04:54:06 AM
I already got a file number from the KS AG.  Let's see what kind of investigating they will be doing.

I blasted 5 emails to the FCC today, and WILL make a personal phone call tomorrow.

Full Disclosure: I may either lie a tad or lot during the conversation. I have to, otherwise Josh will be considered a liar for calling me a liar, thus must follow through.

Where is the "proof" that Josh called you a liar? Then insert (Expletive, some badly veiled threat to expose your proclivity to be a pedophile to your boss in an attempt to get you fired and lose your only means to support you family and a few more expletives and some how explain that you know absolutely nothing about bitcoin and that he is an expert) Did I summarize that correctly?

I own a barn wood business, thus my proclivity (note to self, Google that) to be a goatophile is a standard claim to fame in that industry.
Activity: 924
August 27, 2013, 04:49:25 AM
I already got a file number from the KS AG.  Let's see what kind of investigating they will be doing.

I blasted 5 emails to the FCC today, and WILL make a personal phone call tomorrow.

Full Disclosure: I may either lie a tad or lot during the conversation. I have to, otherwise Josh will be considered a liar for calling me a liar, thus must follow through.

Where is the "proof" that Josh called you a liar? Then insert (Expletive, some badly veiled threat to expose your proclivity to be a pedophile to your boss in an attempt to get you fired and lose your only means to support you family and a few more expletives and some how explain that you know absolutely nothing about bitcoin and that he is an expert) Did I summarize that correctly?
legendary
August 26, 2013, 11:18:31 PM

August 26, 2013, 07:37:16 PM
I already got a file number from the KS AG.  Let's see what kind of investigating they will be doing.
legendary
August 26, 2013, 07:16:14 PM
What has happened with BFL chips? Were they on time?
I don't think the shipping date has arrived yet.

*edit*
Chips sales started Jun 15, so mid September would be the 100 days.

Of which, ironically, coincides with Sonny Vleisides' probation ending on September 15, 2013, imposed upon him by a judge, along with only a $100 fine, for fleecing the elderly to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars with his 15 year running lottery scam.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 26, 2013, 05:11:19 PM
Don't forget about Sept 15th guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Shocked Roll Eyes
Activity: 43
August 26, 2013, 05:02:26 PM
...Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days...

That's right; it worked for me.  Who else?  Chime in gentlemen.
legendary
Activity: 1190
August 26, 2013, 04:43:10 PM
Putting thread back on track due to BFL fanboi derailing.

If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC at  http://www.ftc.gov/complaint and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yes-you-can-get-a-refund-from-bfl-266945
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/butterfly-labs-did-everything-they-could-to-make-getting-a-refund-impossible-272585
Activity: 532
August 26, 2013, 02:56:20 PM
So you are arguing just to argue?  What a waste. 

The rest of us are here to warn unsuspecting noobs that BFL is a long con scam run by a convicted mail fraud felon who is far more interested in generating short term cash flow than delivering product to the people who pre ordered and never received them.
Ah, yes, I see, insinuating product not under BFL's control won't ship because Josh is not hard at work IS a legitimate long con scam accusation, thank you SO much for [pointing that out to me.  I didn't realize just how your convoluted logic worked.
Pages:
Jump to: