Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 206. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Here is the rate info for PressTab block explorer

To be listed for 6 months, it would come out to about $60. Or btc @ $241 that would be 0.249 btc.
or
You could also pay in HYP, current mid order book is around 360 sats, so that would be about 69,166 HYP.

OK ,
everyone that wants a PressTab block explorer , PM me.
we need at least 6 willing to pay $10 in BTC for the explorer.
If we get more than 6 willing, then the price would be even lower than $10 of btc each.

Will Post on Monday next week how many want the explorer, so we would know how much each person would have to pay.

Cool
count me in.i will throw btc in for the cause.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Here is the rate info for PressTab block explorer

To be listed for 6 months, it would come out to about $60. Or btc @ $241 that would be 0.249 btc.
or
You could also pay in HYP, current mid order book is around 360 sats, so that would be about 69,166 HYP.

OK ,
everyone that wants a PressTab block explorer , PM me.
we need at least 6 willing to pay $10 in BTC for the explorer.
If we get more than 6 willing, then the price would be even lower than $10 of btc each.

Will Post on Monday next week how many want the explorer, so we would know how much each person would have to pay.

Cool
legendary

I would guess that presstab would do a deal for his any of his coins or maybe ZEIT?
[email protected]

---
2.  I am willing trade MINT for ZEIT, problem $%$%#%#$% MINT client will not work I've been at getting it working for 5 weeks.  So any one want to to an honorary deal?  my 500k MINT for your 4.5M ZIET? PM

Will PM Presstab to see what his rate is and then post it here?

Problem with your honorary deal, is if you can't get your client to work now , what makes you so sure it will work later. Also from the trade offer, it is apparent you see more value in zeit than mint , why would you expect anyone here to see the opposite? But just in case they do, post your mint problem here, and I will help you try to fix it so that you can make an actual deal or use an exchange.

Cool
legendary
MINT now it hit 75 ... unbelievable.

ZEIT will be next  Smiley
what is better zeit or mint ?

Cheesy
You are in the Zeit forum,
ZEIT of Course

Go to the mint forum for the opposite answer.  LOL

Cool

FYI:
Zeit & Mint code is similar, but the communities are very different.
Zeit is a Movement driven community , that wants to enact change worldwide to improve quality of life.
Mint is a mainly financially driven community, that's main goal is profit.

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer

willing to contribute ZIET ZEIT to getting an presstab explorer
crowd funding is the idea - do-able?

I'd chip in for that. I like his charts and market book displays.

Do we know what it'd take to get it done?

tanks bruh ie mspell tings off10

I would guess that presstab would do a deal for his any of his coins or maybe ZEIT?
[email protected]

---
2.  I am willing trade MINT for ZEIT, problem $%$%#%#$% MINT client will not work I've been at getting it working for 5 weeks.  So any one want to to an honorary deal?  my 500k MINT for your 4.5M ZIET? PM

What do you mean by "honorary deal" in this context? Do you mean that you want a binding agreement to trade now, to be executed when you can fulfill your end of the deal? 
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

tanks bruh ie mspell tings off10

[email protected]

---
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

Mintcoin=
Available/Total Supply   21.5 Billion / 70 Billion

Zeitcoin =
Available/Total Supply   31.7 Billion / 99 Billion

Zeitcoin 99 billion,mint 70 billion =price of mint can be higher than price of zeitcoin ?
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder

not that I am missing such games with ZEIT, but that is only possible if you are in the mainstream pairing, i.e., BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder

willing to contribute ZIET to getting an presstab explorer
just spotted that you misspell ZEIT name.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

willing to contribute ZIET to getting an presstab explorer
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
I can sympathise with exchanges wanting to be careful about which coins they add. I run a server with over 50 coins, just for my own private mining and hodling, and even my modest usage requires a fair bit of TLC. A client that runs fine on your local Windows machine may not work so well at an exchange once hundreds or thousands of transactions have passed through its wallet. A couple of misbehaving clients (high CPU and/or HD usage) can impact upon the others and begin a downward spiral of resource starvation which affects the entire server. There is a cost involved because you cannot simply run 200 coin clients on a single server.
I completely agree that running an exchange incurs costs (servers are cheap these days, however). But that is a business like any other, where you have non-zero costs of running it. You must invest some money to start it and then to keep it afloat, it is a 101. Now, you may have different policies for removing coins that do not perform, to free your resources, but don't say that you want upfront 50BTC or 100BTC of volume, because hardly any coin can guarantee that.  
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
A client that runs fine on your local Windows machine may not work so well at an exchange once hundreds or thousands of transactions have passed through its wallet.

Exchanges can't (shouldn't) just run the general use daemon that is distributed for a coin - i.e. the bitcoind clone. It simply isn't designed for handling a large amount of transactions and addresses. See the answer here:

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/30250/maximum-number-of-transactions-in-wallet-dat-for-bitcoin-core

Once you get beyond the scaling of Bitcoin Core the only other realistic option is moving into a completely custom wallet system, though this has significant risk and cost involved.

I don't think that is a factor in them not trading zeit/btc, since they should already have some kind of custom wallet if they're trading it versus ltc, just putting it out there.
legendary
I can sympathise with exchanges wanting to be careful about which coins they add. I run a server with over 50 coins, just for my own private mining and hodling, and even my modest usage requires a fair bit of TLC. A client that runs fine on your local Windows machine may not work so well at an exchange once hundreds or thousands of transactions have passed through its wallet. A couple of misbehaving clients (high CPU and/or HD usage) can impact upon the others and begin a downward spiral of resource starvation which affects the entire server. There is a cost involved because you cannot simply run 200 coin clients on a single server.

Coin Servers are not that expensive, and PoW coins hardly pull anything if you only run a wallet.
PoS coins with a modern CPU , should easily handle 5 different coins per machine, more if you are not staking.
FYI: Cryptsy is Staking PoS coins.
Cryptsy trading volume for 1 day , $152,540 .
Don't tell me that cryptsy or bittrex or any other major exchanges don't have the resources to have more than a few PCs.

Truth of the matter, is the only thing that makes sense is they use it to try and increase liquidity in the other coins we are paired against. We have a LTC & XRP markets on cryptsy , but no BTC or USD,
Reddcoin has a BTC, LTC, XRP, & USD markets, their marketcap & price is currently lower than ours, and some would say well they have more trading volume. Did anyone ever think, they have more trading volume because they have More Markets on the same exchange.  Tongue

So when we buy zeit on cryptsy, we are pumping the ltc , because we have to buy it first.
And when we buy it they collect the trading fee of 0.250% twice, once on the BTC to LTC and a 2nd time on the ltc to Zeit.
They make more money by not giving us a BTC market. Plus if they had a direct USD pairing , most of us would not even buy btc, just buy zeit direct and save a trading fee.

Cool

FYI:
Some exchange don't use the resource excuse.
Cryptopia gave Hyperstake it's very own server , since it was not playing well with CPU usage for them.
1 coin received its very own server, and they don't have cryptsy volume yet, keyword yet.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Volume of trading is what we look at.
If this coin can produce 50 BTC volume trading per day, for an extended period of time, we may consider adding it to the BTC markets

Coins with >=50 BTC Volume (4 / 200)
-------------------
Doge: 90 BTC
Dash: 86 BTC
LTC: 74 BTC
BTC: 67 BTC
-------------------

yesterdays volume of some popular Coins at Cryptsy:
-------------------
NXT: 19 BTC
BLK: 8 BTC
XRP: 10 BTC
MINT: 6 BTC
-------------------

Cheers
Ray
"Price of the coin has little bearing on the market it is chosen to be in.
If this coin can produce 50 BTC volume trading per day, for an extended period of time, we may consider adding it to the BTC markets
"

This is what the Cryptsy support told me when I put in a request to get a BTC pairing.

Such BS, esp since SOOOO many of their BTC pairings aren't anywhere close to this.

that is a typical BS repeated by any exchange if you ask them add any pairing (be it Bittrex, Craptsy, c-cex, any other name of exchange of your choice).
They also claim extremely high server maintenance cost. I am so sick of this BS they repeat. If they have such high costs why at all they are in this business?

Sorry for going a bit off-topic here, but that is the answer I got when I asked comkort to add XDE (another coin that I am involved):
Code:
For this moment adding XDE will not give us any profit.
1. Any wallet need resources like: CPU, RAM
2. We have to support it and help users if there are any issues with there transactions
3. Update wallets when there are new versions

So we can add if:
a) You or someone else will pay for XDE maintenance 0.2 BTC per Month
b) OR you can trade XDE with volume [b]100BTC per month[/b], it will give us 0.2BTC as trading fee

Can you imagine that? They wanted me to guarantee them 100 BTC of trading volume, whereas they didn't get 100BTC a month on any pairing of theirs!
More, at the time of writing, out of 365 different markets they had only 13 (!) had the volume of more than 0.015 BTC!!!
No wonder that shortly after our correspondence they went out of business. Roll Eyes
Good, I am happy to see the guys who don't know how to run their business to go out of it. For more that I liked their GUI!
And for more that we like/dislike Cryptsy, they should share similar fate, if they keep repeating this kind of BS and will have so long 'maintenance' periods when the wallets are frozen.

The above is why I send all the biz I can to exchanges whose mgmt doesn't act all high and mighty. Zeit still has BTC pairings at Yobit, Cryptopia, & SouthX, even with Comkort's closure. We just need more people to take their business elsewhere so the liquidity will improve at exchanges not named "500 lbs gorilla that sees customers as a nuisance". 
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
"Price of the coin has little bearing on the market it is chosen to be in.
"

This is what the Cryptsy support told me when I put in a request to get a BTC pairing.

Such BS, esp since SOOOO many of their BTC pairings aren't anywhere close to this.

that is a typical BS repeated by any exchange if you ask them add any pairing (be it Bittrex, Craptsy, c-cex, any other name of exchange of your choice).
They also claim extremely high server maintenance cost. I am so sick of this BS they repeat. If they have such high costs why at all they are in this business?

Sorry for going a bit off-topic here, but that is the answer I got when I asked comkort to add XDE (another coin that I am involved):
Code:
For this moment adding XDE will not give us any profit.
1. Any wallet need resources like: CPU, RAM
2. We have to support it and help users if there are any issues with there transactions
3. Update wallets when there are new versions

So we can add if:
a) You or someone else will pay for XDE maintenance 0.2 BTC per Month
b) OR you can trade XDE with volume [b]100BTC per month[/b], it will give us 0.2BTC as trading fee

Can you imagine that? They wanted me to guarantee them 100 BTC of trading volume, whereas they didn't get 100BTC a month on any pairing of theirs!
More, at the time of writing, out of 365 different markets they had only 13 (!) had the volume of more than 0.015 BTC!!!
No wonder that shortly after our correspondence they went out of business. Roll Eyes
Good, I am happy to see the guys who don't know how to run their business to go out of it. For more that I liked their GUI!
And for more that we like/dislike Cryptsy, they should share similar fate, if they keep repeating this kind of BS and will have so long 'maintenance' periods when the wallets are frozen.
Jump to: