Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 482. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
2784 blocks left before 1/Zeit blocks... that's 23.2 hours...
Activity: 126
CALCULATING COINS/DAY for any alt-coin

Found this earlier - might be a bit "math-y" for some, but at least it explains things properly

http://www.holynerdvana.com/2014/02/how-to-calculate-coins-per-day-for-any.html

(For anyone unhappy with my 'beermat maths'  earlier Wink )

Nothing wrong with beermat maths, I bet over the years, many a British bridge or car or building has been created on the back of a beermat!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
CALCULATING COINS/DAY for any alt-coin

Found this earlier - might be a bit "math-y" for some, but at least it explains things properly

http://www.holynerdvana.com/2014/02/how-to-calculate-coins-per-day-for-any.html

(For anyone unhappy with my 'beermat maths'  earlier Wink )
Another reminder (for those who never read any more than the page they're about to post on!) that our new official community forum will be throwing open its' doors at 20.00hrs UTC TONIGHT  Grin

It will be announced here on this thread, so keep your eyes peeled!

NOTE launch time is UTC so check your local timezone  - for us Brits that's 9 o'clock as we are on BST which of course is UTC+1.

If a couple of you could bump this to each new page, that'd be KEWL  Cool

(Shameless BUMP!)
i promise this to lion!

Promise it to the future, dude.

It'll be there a LOT longer than me anyway Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
any nerds have an idea how many proof of stake coins are being mined daily?

NERDS!! *chants* Nerds, nerds, nerds, nerds!! Fans of American 80's movies will get the reference.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
4月5号值得纪念日子,你猜ZEITCOIN会怎么样。我选择坐火车还是火箭。。。 Smiley
又过了一天,然后...
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
4月5号值得纪念日子,你猜ZEITCOIN会怎么样。我选择坐火车还是火箭。。。 Smiley
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I'm still uncertain if I need to keep my wallet open 24/7 or If I should get the same amounts if I just open once a month for a couple of days?

As I understand it minting is a bit like mining, theres luck involved with how often it "triggers", so in theory if I close my wallet and open just once in a while wouldn't the coins just be I don't know, closer to minting?

I have tried closing it for 24 hours, but didn't seem to notice anything conclusive and don't want to miss out too many days for testing :-)
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
any nerds have an idea how many proof of stake coins are being mined daily?
Activity: 12
i promise this to lion!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
i still didn;t receive my 50000 bonus from facebooking and twitting. lion dont get angry with me again for asking it. some of us dont have the opportunity to mine million of zeins. today 50000 is nothing, who knows at the near future.
so, please please i am asking it again, give us the bonus. i contaced many times the admin of zeit at facebook but he banned me. i also sent a mail at [email protected] but no reply.
i have to say that i contacted admin many many times before this bonus expire.

zeit MtSjSQ48jDhyDzt4KRq1NcFibL8fSbkanw

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!! REALLY THANKS!!!!

Well, Lion shows his generosity once again! I was gonna be nice too and post, again, the address that ZEITCOIN posted many, many weeks ago for people to send emails to in order to claim bounties. [email protected] . If you are successful in claiming your bounty, be sure to take a page from Lion's book and... Pays it forward!
i still didn;t receive my 50000 bonus from facebooking and twitting. lion dont get angry with me again for asking it. some of us dont have the opportunity to mine million of zeins. today 50000 is nothing, who knows at the near future.
so, please please i am asking it again, give us the bonus. i contaced many times the admin of zeit at facebook but he banned me. i also sent a mail at [email protected] but no reply.

Sometimes Lions are viscous killers. Other times they are friendly pussycats.

You caught me in the latter.

"Pay It Forwards", dude Wink

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/340/4/1/lion_respect_by_silversouls-d5n87qw.jpg

Sometimes Lions are viscous killers. Other times they are friendly pussycats.

You caught me in the latter.

"Pay It Forwards", dude Wink

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!! REALLY THANKS!!!!
Activity: 46
April 12 becomes pure POS?

No, it's within the next 36-40 hours, we're ahead of schedule because the minting hash power wasn't taken into account.

AHEM.

Let's kill this fallacy. Once & for all time.

PoW DOES NOT end.

ZeitCoin will NEVER be "Pure PoS"

Mining will still be possible for decades to come. The only question is, will the price rise to the point where mining is still a desirable thing to do when the reward is 1 coin/block?

Here are my (simplified & estimated) 'beermat' maths on the subject...

At 1 Zeit/block, mining will give roughly 3 coins per Mh/s per day.

For it to be seen as desirable to mine, ignoring the benefits of PoS, it will need to be approximately as profitable as any of the 'top 20' coins. Right now that's only around $2.50 day, like it or not we are all tied to the performance of BitCoin.

So, on today's numbers, 1 Zeit would need to be worth around 80 cents to be profitably mine-able after it hits 1/block

With BitCoin @ $450 that's 0.001777 Btc/Zeit  Shocked

So, do you still think it's sane to be even thinking about selling Zeit right now?

Those who do will feel as stupid & short-sighted as those who sold Btc when it hit a couple of dollars apiece, believe me!

Lion I sincerely hope you are right.
Pardon my ignorance, but why would anyone want to mine this coin at 1 Zeit/Block if the price is not up there ?

Again I am not questioning your theory, just trying to understand it better.

It depends of nethash.

Every day it will be 2880 Zeit for mining, so if you mine with 1Mh/s and nethash is 100MH, you would get 28,80 Zeit/day ....and so.

Ppl would mine depending on price and nethash.
Activity: 210

No, it's within the next 36-40 hours, we're ahead of schedule because the minting hash power wasn't taken into account.

AHEM.

PoW DOES NOT end.

Mining will still be possible for decades to come. The only question is, will the price rise to the point where mining is still a desirable thing to do when the reward is 1 coin/block?

For it to be seen as desirable to mine, ignoring the benefits of PoS, it will need to be approximately as profitable as any of the 'top 20' coins. Right now that's only around $2.50 day, like it or not we are all tied to the performance of BitCoin.

So, on today's numbers, 1 Zeit would need to be worth around 80 cents to be profitably mine-able after it hits 1/block

With BitCoin @ $450 that's 0.001777 Btc/Zeit  Shocked

So, do you still think it's sane to be even thinking about selling Zeit right now?

Those who do will feel as stupid & short-sighted as those who sold Btc when it hit a couple of dollars apiece, believe me!

Lion I sincerely hope you are right.
Pardon my ignorance, but why would anyone want to mine this coin at 1 Zeit/Block if the price is not up there ?

Again I am not questioning your theory, just trying to understand it better.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
mine have started minting. I'm so excited.
Activity: 535

AHEM.

PoW DOES NOT end.

With BitCoin @ $450 that's 0.001777 Btc/Zeit  Shocked

haha well i must say i love the way this coin was minted and the continuation of POW at 1coin / block. very original and thoughtful.
Activity: 609
Another reminder (for those who never read any more than the page they're about to post on!) that our new official community forum will be throwing open it's doors at 20.00hrs UTC TONIGHT  Grin

It will be announced here on this thread, so keep your eyes peeled!

NOTE launch time is UTC so check your local timezone  - for us Brits that's 9 o'clock as we are on BST which of course is UTC+1.

If a couple of you could bump this to each new page, that'd be KEWL  Cool

22:00 in Italy  Grin

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140404T22&p0=215&msg=New+Official+Forum+ZEITCOIN
Jump to: