Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 492. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Those of you who GPU mine X11 coins, did you notice that CPU is used 25% ?
I tried it, mining works great with my 7950 card and I get 1,6MH/s (darkcoin) but CPU is used 25% constantly.
This does not allow my CPU to go to power saving mode and in the end, although my GPU runs cooler, I think I end up using a lot more power.
Did you notice the same?

I'm mining X11 Hiro on the PC I'm typing this to you and my cpu is running at 11% and I'm watching an episode of Fringe so I think it must depend on your cpu. I'm going to mine it on my rig at work when I go in and that's a different cpu to home to I'll see what that uses.

[Edit]

So my home CPU (FX 8320) uses 11% on X11. (1xR9 280x)

My work PC uses 28% (Athlon x2 250 with (1xR9 280x)

My rig (Sempron X2 245) uses 26% (2xR9 280x)

So CPU usage is up on X11, but it's not a lot and it'll still be less power than the GPU not running X11 algorithm so it's nothing to worry about.

It's also awesome seeing a hashrate of 8mh/s+ with only 4x R9 280x Cheesy
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I tried it, mining works great with my 7950 card and I get 1,6MH/s (darkcoin) but CPU is used 25% constantly.
This does not allow my CPU to go to power saving mode and in the end, although my GPU runs cooler, I think I end up using a lot more power.
Did you notice the same?

with a 30W CPU, dont care if that would be running 100%
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Did you notice the same?
Activity: 173
zjz_lgd
It's very good!
I like this coin, and i wait this coin to fly!
Activity: 319
Is there any talks about a multipool?

We individually do not have any buying power to break through the 2/3 Sat sell walls. We saw the supposed Z-Day (3/28) fail. 20 people in an IRC channel with .0005 BTC each arent going to do shit to a sell wall of 30+ btc.

However, if we get a multipool going that converts to BTC and auto-sells for zeit... a few hundred mHash could easily chew through the sell walls and get our price going upward...

Mint, BC, ECC... All of the PoW/PoS coins are doing this, shit, even DOGE is doing it now... Get on board here!!!!

We just need to get an existing multi pool like hashcows to offer Zeit as a payout option, honestly.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
so optimistically set a sell order of a few mill zeit at 16sat  Grin I should probably just put that in my wallet though for pos
No, you should definitely put it on my wallet for POS :p

you know I would, but mintpal isnt letting me send zeit to wallets and when I try my whole mac implodes and its just a mess....I would if I could really....but ye
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Man I wish I could find out who keeps dumping and putting up that wall at 2 satoshi.  Angry
Activity: 182
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP
so optimistically set a sell order of a few mill zeit at 16sat  Grin I should probably just put that in my wallet though for pos
No, you should definitely put it on my wallet for POS :p
Activity: 112
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
So sad that I been trying to help this coin since before launch and beleaving I get rewarded. Spent about 24hr telling everybody about this, have helped with translations, have done bloggpost about this. In the end I didnt even receive my little 50k bounty what I had to. I tried to contact, in twitter,fb and via btcTalk personal message, but dev still didnt answer nothing (have sent my wallet to him) bounties wich he promissed still didnt come to my wallet Mf1yeKSC7Jg3nfA7EdSKuPdBYC7JZyUjiq).
Its not nice to get ignored all the time after have done so much for ZeitCoin... Not matter even that I have sent also my blog post to thousand ppl, who involved in crypto and zeit movement and have try my best to make this coin popular.

Wow! Haven't seen you in the thread in a while. That might explain why you missed the posts where ZEITCOIN posted that anyone still waiting on one of the initial bounties need to send an email with proof to this address: [email protected]. And you must have also missed the post from ZEITCOIN where he said that all new giveaways are being handled at http://altcoinauthority.com/altcoin-giveaways/ and all you need to do is post proof of the posts and blogs that you have done promoting Zeitcoin, along with your wallet address, in the comments section.
Activity: 405
So sad that I been trying to help this coin since before launch and beleaving I get rewarded. Spent about 24hr telling everybody about this, have helped with translations, have done bloggpost about this. In the end I didnt even receive my little 50k bounty what I had to. I tried to contact, in twitter,fb and via btcTalk personal message, but dev still didnt answer nothing (have sent my wallet to him) bounties wich he promissed still didnt come to my wallet Mf1yeKSC7Jg3nfA7EdSKuPdBYC7JZyUjiq).
Its not nice to get ignored all the time after have done so much for ZeitCoin... Not matter even that I have sent also my blog post to thousand ppl, who involved in crypto and zeit movement and have try my best to make this coin popular.

Send me proof of the stuff you did and I'll gladly send you the bounty.
Activity: 462
Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

Activity: 46
Just clear that 3 wall already xD Put some support at 2 - 3, do some minimal buying at 4 an maybe the whole thing can start snowballing.

OMG, that 3 SAT wall at 24 BTC at Mintpal.

That's WAY out of spec and not possible with just two 8pin PCI-E's

500W for 2 290x's running flat out would be epic though, they're about 375W each.
Activity: 84
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

NICE!

... but I think that by the time I can afford a brace, I won't be worried about using them for mining Wink

4500 satoshi to the Zeit, anyone?

Or 100000 sat for my Blitz... I wouldn't buy one for mining, it won't make ROI with asics rolling out later this year. Well, maybe if more coins use X11 or some newer as yet made algo.

Still, that with the new 28" Samsung 4k 60hz monitor will probably be a beast for gaming Cheesy

While I believe there's plenty of life in GPU mining for some time to come as many coins will switch to Scrypt-n, X11 and others when Scrypt-only ASICs land, that 295X won't have enough power to be an efficient miner.
My 290s already pull >350W when running @ ~85 degrees C.

And AMD still have work to do on multi-GPU framerating to make a dual GPU card really worth the investment for gaming. They're close but I think it's the next gen when they'll hopefully have a hardware timer to properly sort the issue.

Not sure about the hybrid cooler though unless they're using G1/4" fittings, dislike the inflexibility of those sealed units, especially when paying dual-GPU money, should be able to invest in a dedi-watercooling loop.
Activity: 25
Have had no luck with the X 11 GPU mining, tried both Darkcoin and Hirocoin, just get 100% HW errors, have looked through some guides but still no joy.

The 2 cards in my machine are an EAH6950 and an MSI R280X Gaming, not sure if that's relevant but to those of you who've been able to successfully mine X 11 coins any help would be much appreciated.

The pan, as with many here is to mine, sell and buy Zeit with the profits Smiley

Thanks
Orb

Are you trying to mine with cgminer? That would explain it Wink

You need sgminer, dude!

Here's the .bat I'm using for HiroCoin for my HD7990

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

sgminer.exe --kernel darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://stratum.forkpool.com:6347 -u xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxx -p xxxxxx -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-powertune 10

Nope, am running in sgminer, I was bout to go off on a rant but then decided to double check something, even though I have 2 copies of sgminer 4.1.0, when I checked the kernel folders of both only 1 had the darkcoin.cl file.

That'll learn me Tongue

Thanks for the help dude, very much appreciated Smiley

NICE!

... but I think that by the time I can afford a brace, I won't be worried about using them for mining Wink

Or 100000 sat for my Blitz... I wouldn't buy one for mining, it won't make ROI with asics rolling out later this year. Well, maybe if more coins use X11 or some newer as yet made algo.

Still, that with the new 28" Samsung 4k 60hz monitor will probably be a beast for gaming Cheesy
Have had no luck with the X 11 GPU mining, tried both Darkcoin and Hirocoin, just get 100% HW errors, have looked through some guides but still no joy.

The 2 cards in my machine are an EAH6950 and an MSI R280X Gaming, not sure if that's relevant but to those of you who've been able to successfully mine X 11 coins any help would be much appreciated.

The pan, as with many here is to mine, sell and buy Zeit with the profits Smiley

Thanks
Orb

Are you trying to mine with cgminer? That would explain it Wink

You need sgminer, dude!

Here's the .bat I'm using for HiroCoin for my HD7990

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

sgminer.exe --kernel darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://stratum.forkpool.com:6347 -u xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxx -p xxxxxx -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-powertune 10

Thanks for the bat Lion, I'm going to move onto Hiro tomorrow and need to write one for my 280x's. What's Forkpool like?

As good as any, and 0% fee Wink
I've picked up about 700 Hiro so far, GPU running 15 degrees cooler too, bonus with the spring starting(ish!)

Ok, so I've got it set up with the bat you use [modified with my username and password and my settings for my 280x] and whenever I try and run it it asks for a url. Am I missing something? It's the most up to dat sgminer from the sgminer BCT page.

Scratching my head on this one.

[ninja edit] so yeah, I'm an idiot, I was running the SGMiner.exe and NOT the Hiro.bat ...

/facepalm

Still, 2.08mh/s and 52 degrees from 1x 280x... I like!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

NICE!

Jump to: