Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 525. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
something is odd, i can only account for about 40% of the network hashrate with listed pools

wheres the majority of our network hashrate coming from? Solominers?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
For the Brits out there:
Can now do your weekly food shop with Crypto's

They take several coins, not just BTC and even act a proxy for Dominos Smiley

Crypto De Change

I might be a bit slow on this one, not had coins to use for purchases yet and can't afford the kinds of products these sites sell, but saw on WDC twitter, so thought I'd share.

o sick, thanks for that Smiley

edit: we need to get zeit accepted on here at somepoint
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP
For the Brits out there:
Can now do your weekly food shop with Crypto's

They take several coins, not just BTC and even act a proxy for Dominos Smiley

Crypto De Change

I might be a bit slow on this one, not had coins to use for purchases yet and can't afford the kinds of products these sites sell, but saw on WDC twitter, so thought I'd share.
hoping to get attention from others interested in the experiment

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5922628
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5922715

altho that may skew the results with non-community participants, it may also potentially bring in more people into our community
Activity: 70
I see, well then I'll probably remain on it until we see results.
I plan on purchasing on our Z-28 as well  Grin
(or whatever we're calling it now lol)
what to expect:

-difficulty varying greatly as community gets online and non-community miners leave
-drop in value due to miners cashing in their mined holdings, better now then later
-2-3 days forward the rate at which coins enter exchanges will drop, making it easier for demand get back ontop and start moving those mountains

so a few hours is really not enough to be conclusive
i think this can have a more meaningful impact then just buying perception
if we dont do this we may end up just buying coins we could have prevented from entering the market
which one will have more impact? buying up friday or reducing what dumpers have to sell and getting rid of many?
im doing both

current network hashrate is going well, id like to get to 3GH/s tho and maintain that for 2-3 days, a block halving is coming in the next 2 hours and should allow for more visible impact of the experiment.

I don't have crazy hash power, but I'll help out in this test too.
Hope others join in, it'll take a good portion of the community to see any difference.

If nothing major changes in a few hrs I'll have to switch back to my alternate.
Lion' does have a valid point, if we're are to make a push on those walls, would be wise to prepare for the target date.

what to expect:

-difficulty varying greatly as community gets online and non-community miners leave
-drop in value due to miners cashing in their mined holdings, better now then later
-2-3 days forward the rate at which coins enter exchanges will drop, making it easier for demand get back ontop and start moving those mountains

so a few hours is really not enough to be conclusive
i think this can have a more meaningful impact then just buying perception
if we dont do this we may end up just buying coins we could have prevented from entering the market
which one will have more impact? buying up friday or reducing what dumpers have to sell and getting rid of many?
im doing both

current network hashrate is going well, id like to get to 3GH/s tho and maintain that for 2-3 days, a block halving is coming in the next 2 hours and should allow for more visible impact of the experiment.
Great coin
Great future
Great tomorrow Cheesy Cheesy

We certainly hope so, it's going to take a lot of hard work, but with everyone working towards a better future we'll get ... somewhere Smiley

BTW, Welcome to community.
Activity: 77
I don't have crazy hash power, but I'll help out in this test too.
Hope others join in, it'll take a good portion of the community to see any difference.

If nothing major changes in a few hrs I'll have to switch back to my alternate.
Lion' does have a valid point, if we're are to make a push on those walls, would be wise to prepare for the target date.

Great coin
Great future
Great tomorrow Cheesy Cheesy
Hey, someone got the price drop in on time.

Thnx whoever it was and a GJ to you too Wink
Activity: 77
My first transaction was at 6 of March and no minting why???

Why don't you try several times
It will be helpful to you
Good luck to you Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
i have a theory, what if we caused the drop in value because less people mined, creating a feedback loop of miners willing to sell lower and lower as they got more coins from lower difficulty?

I think we should try increasing the network hashrate to 10Gh/s and see if a rise in value follows from miners holding their coins until more profitable to sell.

explain a bit more please?

by giving up on mining our coin, we left it to those who seek profit only, increasing the amount of coins they get by lowering difficulty, thus increasing the amount of supply on exchanges
what if we tried to reverse that, get those who seek profit off our coin and reduce the amount of coins individuals get for better distribution, would we see less coins on exchanges?

so start mining again? it makes sense to us who have 10's of mills for that to happen, im in. Smiley

i will throw my 10Mh/s back at it

we need a community effort to test this

I'm watching the Liverpool game at the mo. I'll throw my 60 MH on it in the morning or later tonight when I get back.
I`m a hugeeeee fan of Liverpool.Here in Greece there is a club of Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never walk alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great game, nearly threw it away at the end :O)

Got half my machines pointed at Zeit mining now, for some reason the other half can't communicate with CG Watcher, fook knows, will figure that out tomorrow but 33 MH pointed at Zeit anyhow. Off to ned (bed), happy trading guys or whatever you're in to.

awesome, i think this is going to be a successful experiment

community, we need more hashrate, its still too profitable for me!
we must maintain the network hashrate despite the block halving!
i think we got a few for-profit non-community miners to leave, might be the source of those cheap coins, them offloading their mined holdings as they switch to another coin

Good Job guys and Good Call Anon.

i think its a good thing if we can keep those not interested in future value away from mining our coin.

i do hope we have the same PoS flaw as blackcoin, we are going to drop to 1 ZEIT/block sooner then 6weeks
right now we seem to be two days ahead in terms of total blocks, i expect we will finish a week early

1 to 3 hours left before block halving!
i think we got a few for-profit non-community miners to leave, might be the source of those cheap coins, them offloading their mined holdings as they switch to another coin

Good Job guys and Good Call Anon.

oh noes, i will only be able to get 1000 small buys, no problem we can still hit it friday

@MintPalExchange
Raised the minimum order net total to 0.0001 BTC/LTC, same as the minimum tx fee of a single BTC payment, to try reduce market manipulation.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
X11 sounds like a great option for the summer, when the ambient temp is too high to run my rig flat-out on Scrypt. By then the poor bugger will need a bit of a rest anyway Wink

I'll start researching it. Good heads-up Grin
Been meaning to post my coin idea for a couple of days, but only remember when at work or in bed Smiley

Idea was along this line, but rounded obviously. It's the a Venus City...

Activity: 75
i have a theory, what if we caused the drop in value because less people mined, creating a feedback loop of miners willing to sell lower and lower as they got more coins from lower difficulty?

I think we should try increasing the network hashrate to 10Gh/s and see if a rise in value follows from miners holding their coins until more profitable to sell.

explain a bit more please?

by giving up on mining our coin, we left it to those who seek profit only, increasing the amount of coins they get by lowering difficulty, thus increasing the amount of supply on exchanges
what if we tried to reverse that, get those who seek profit off our coin and reduce the amount of coins individuals get for better distribution, would we see less coins on exchanges?

so start mining again? it makes sense to us who have 10's of mills for that to happen, im in. Smiley

i will throw my 10Mh/s back at it

we need a community effort to test this

I'm watching the Liverpool game at the mo. I'll throw my 60 MH on it in the morning or later tonight when I get back.
I`m a hugeeeee fan of Liverpool.Here in Greece there is a club of Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never walk alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great game, nearly threw it away at the end :O)

Got half my machines pointed at Zeit mining now, for some reason the other half can't communicate with CG Watcher, fook knows, will figure that out tomorrow but 33 MH pointed at Zeit anyhow. Off to ned (bed), happy trading guys or whatever you're in to.
Activity: 112
I would use reddit....just dunno how! so intimidating! haha
I saw Tut's post about multipool too. I know many people are against multipools, which is fine. We all have our reasons for/against them. I prefer to set and forget and automate processes as much as possible. A multipool is ideal for me.

So, I've now been called Tex and Tut on this thread Smiley

Nice post.
I don't think multipool is against everything the community stands for anymore than the coin's against everything the ... uh coin.. stands for.
It's just bullying for our own means though. I've been on a few coins that have been hit by multipools and it sucks usually, but with most of the new coins, they're multipool resistant making them less useful. I'd rather hash a decent coin I choose myself.
Jump to: