Pages:
Author

Topic: 1Bitcoin as a gift from someone - page 8. (Read 16811 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101
January 19, 2018, 11:08:35 AM
If you be given a gift of 1BTC by someone and for you this amount is already something you did not expect. Will you sell your bitcoin right away and convert it into cash or just keep it for a better price to come or invest it or what?
If some one give me a 1 bitcoin as a gift i will do convert it and cash it out. Or i will buy some altcoins and i will keep it and sell it for the right time.

I think the best move here is to invest either on a website, an exchange or a gambling site maybe. There are also good projects and ICOs you can invest to so you can have a good profit out of that gifted 1 BTC. You can trade the altcoins that you get from the ICO you have invested and start to trade other altcoins too so you can have a lot of sources of income.
Activity: 720
Merit: 500
January 19, 2018, 11:00:42 AM
Well it will be the money which is earned without any effort so it will not really matters a lot if the values drop, I mean I will just save it for at least a year and will cashout after a year. Yes, If i am in crisis I will cash it out immediately but one question who is going to send 1BTC as gift? No one Smiley
Activity: 540
Merit: 100
BountyMarketCap
January 19, 2018, 10:59:06 AM
If you be given a gift of 1BTC by someone and for you this amount is already something you did not expect. Will you sell your bitcoin right away and convert it into cash or just keep it for a better price to come or invest it or what?

If I would have a bitcoin as a gift from someone, I will convert it into cash right away no matter what the price of bitcoin is. I would feel very thankful for it and I'll let the person know that it is really appreciated. I'll use it for my family needs and treat some of my friends. I would put up a small business and make sure that I'll get a good profit and let the money grow.
Activity: 237
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 10:49:41 AM
AWESOME! hope i can meet that person so i can get the bitcoin Cheesy
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
January 19, 2018, 10:31:10 AM
If some one give me a 1 bitcoin as a gift i will do convert it and cash it out. Or i will buy some altcoins and i will keep it and sell it for the right time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
January 19, 2018, 10:17:54 AM

I would hold it. The way I see it is that regardless of how much bitcoin you have, you don't actually own money that you can use until:

1) you convert the bitcoin to USD or whatever usable currency there is in your country
or
2) Bitcoin becomes so widely accepted that it can be used anywhere.

So, when you're given a gift, you don't have anything to lose -- you're not in the negative by buying that bitcoin or by losing it. You're technically only in the positive. For that reason, and because I feel that bitcoin has time to blossom even more, I would hold. I would also make sure to be cautious about drops though.

I agree. I assume I have been given a bitcoin by someone who knows how to use it, therefore, I think the purpose of giving it to me, more than the money, is the idea that I can use it to invest or trade for. Therefore, knowing where bitcoin is at right now, I would hold it as well like most of the replies state in the thread. By doing so, I am giving myself a chance to expand the amount I am given, if not, I would trade a part of it for some promising altcoins as an investment.
Activity: 337
Merit: 15
January 19, 2018, 10:04:27 AM
If someone will give me 1 Bitcoin as a gift, I would divide it into proportions depending on the objectives I have and I want to use it for. I want to use some of it to make an investment, to let my money grow and bring me profit. I want to convert some of it to my local currency, to use in buying life essentials, paying bills and for my education expenditures. I want to have a business or be a part of a existing business which will serve as one of my investments also. Lastly, I wanna hold a little portion of it to observe the value of Bitcoin through time then decide what will I going to do with it.
Activity: 140
January 19, 2018, 09:59:28 AM
And of course i feel very happy to use this gift. I think giving one buxury. The best thing to do with btc now is to hold instead of spending it but admittedly. I would use some and save the rest
Well many people will see it a monetary value only, people who rather know about the potential of bitcoins will know what it really is and the potential that it has
I will cashout little to give it to my family and some of it I will hold for a good profit. I would like to help them and someday we will become a rich
Activity: 245
Merit: 107
January 19, 2018, 09:54:18 AM
And of course i feel very happy to use this gift. I think giving one buxury. The best thing to do with btc now is to hold instead of spending it but admittedly. I would use some and save the rest
Why don't you sell them all and buy you something luxury because the price is dropping insane right now.

That will be great but since the altcoins are getting high prices these first month of the year, I think the best move is to invest it in a good ICO, trade that altcoin into Ethereum while the price is still high and then sell it back to BTC where you can get good profit. Holding BTC is my move after that because I think that the price might increase this upcoming months.
Activity: 344
Merit: 257
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
January 19, 2018, 09:51:47 AM
If this could really happen to me, I will invest in an uprising altcoins or an altcoin that price is lower than $5 because it might hit five times in few months the rest I will just invest with bitcoin for a long term
Activity: 200
Be myselt
January 19, 2018, 09:50:18 AM
Why don't you sell them all and buy you something luxury because the price is dropping insane right now.
January 19, 2018, 09:48:20 AM
Well many people will see it a monetary value only, people who rather know about the potential of bitcoins will know what it really is and the potential that it has
January 19, 2018, 09:24:07 AM
Activity: 134
ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION
January 19, 2018, 09:12:30 AM
If i will receive 1 bitcoin as a gift from someone, i will not use or spend it right away. I will invest it and make it grow. In that way, i can return the bitcoin to someone that gives it to me and i will continue to develop my earnings.
January 19, 2018, 09:08:47 AM
if i had that gift i will invest because i want to have more bitcoin to earn and i want a better future with that bitcoin gift!
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
January 19, 2018, 09:04:40 AM
i'll keep it to get a better price because nowadays it's so difficult to have a 1bitcoin from someone and i dont think that will be happen because most of bitcoin users don't easily releases 1bitcoin  just give it to somone they didn't know😇
Merit: 3
January 19, 2018, 08:50:17 AM
I wouldn't sell bitcoin and convert it to cash. I would have probably sold the bitcoin and bought promising altcoins. Altcoins can bring more profit than bitcoin.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
January 19, 2018, 08:50:11 AM
If ever someone will unexpectedly gift me 1 Bitcoin, yes i will withdraw it right away and convert it with cash because that would be enough for the operation the hernia of my son, after the operation that will be the time i will compose a thread here to look and say thank you to the person who sent the 1 Bitcoin...
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
January 19, 2018, 08:46:22 AM
if somebody will give me 1 bitcoin I will do is I will divide in four parts that some will invest some more part I will use for trading then i will start a business in the real world and the rest I will use to meet the necessities of life I. and of course I will treat some of my friends just to share the joy I am feeling. this sounds funny because I say like a fact that this is just a nonsense like a fantasy. but I think that bitcoin is a very valuable asset with a very high value.
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 08:33:37 AM
Well, if I were given 1btc and if it's aready high value during those time I will hold it and keep it for time being until the right time comes to trade, it's quite a trap to rush into trading just because I already have that said amount no matter how tempting it is, even then sense of timing is needed for successful trading and earning big profit
Pages:
Jump to: