Pages:
Author

Topic: [4 PH/S+] BCMonster.com Mining Pool / [PPLNS Payout][Pays TxFee] - page 12. (Read 111525 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Just started mining a few days ago loving the layout of the site very easy to read and understand, currently running a gekkoscience usb stick doing a measly 16gh/s overclocked but gotta start somewhere, hoping to have an s7 here next week to really get things moving.
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
Congrats to natebuilds23, whom just received his 1BTC bonus for being the first natural blockfinder on BCMonster. We decided to implement this after the fact, since our house account was responsible for the block find.
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
Its good to be back on Track!  That long block was ruff!
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
BCTeamRental members, it has been a long time coming, but we finally turned a profit from our team rental.

The breakdown is as follows:

Myself 1.044 invested =  1.3435146802 BTC
Mario     .2                =    .2573782912 BTC
Cabal     .04              =    .0514756582 BTC
Mike      .3                =    .3860674368 BTC

I am sending all payments to your btc addresses you use for our site. Please leave me some trust once you see the transaction received!

Received with thanks.

Mario
BCTeamRental members, it has been a long time coming, but we finally turned a profit from our team rental.

The breakdown is as follows:

Myself 1.044 invested =  1.3435146802 BTC
Mario     .2                =    .2573782912 BTC
Cabal     .04              =    .0514756582 BTC
Mike      .3                =    .3860674368 BTC

I am sending all payments to your btc addresses you use for our site. Please leave me some trust once you see the transaction received!

Congrats on hitting 410235!
Thanks, being that we found the block, we decided that we will be giving the 1 bitcoin bonus to nate for finding our first natural block last round!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Congrats on hitting 410235!
Below you will find the list of users whom were actively mining during our last blockfind. This means that you qualify for the 1BTC blockfinding bonus if you happen to be the lucky miner whom finds a block this round. If your name is not on here you do not qualify as you were not actively mining at the time we hit the block.

BCuser6911
beltsniffer
bix0
Cdnbrewzr
cgreedy
Chuckmist3r
cingsen
ctcorp
Deffcon13
ehansenfla
el_captain
feichling
fsociety
goku551
HistoryBloke
isguru2k1
jojopyro
jsamm2010
karstenholland
kkemp102294
Legacy2005
LoneRangir
Mario
Merger
nagrom1981
natebuilds23
NiN
noise328
protonspring
romainsi159
SalomeMX
Shaggynero
slid3r
Steelman
tgrbit
zathras
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
There are pools that average better luck over long periods of time than others, so shop around and don't support Chinese pools that spv mine.
I read enough to stay away from insect-poo and similar crap Wink regardless how many (empty) blocks they find every day.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Is there a critical mass to gain for blocks to be found on regular basis?
Right now, given current network difficulty, it takes about 6PH to average 1 block per day.  http://tradebtc.net/bitcalc.php

If you want to reduce variance and get paid more often (note that it is paid more often, not paid more bitcoin*) then you would join a pool with high hash rate.  Your payments will be more frequent, but less coinage.  You will get larger payments here, but they will be less frequent and with less predicable regularity until the pool grows.

*There are pools that average better luck over long periods of time than others, so shop around and don't support Chinese pools that spv mine.
Thank you for helping me understand.

Last thing I long dare to say - and I am really sorry for pointing it out:
It looks for me that with my single digit TH hashing power (and no funds for long term rental) I can't earn satisfying average on either of your pools (comparing to big fish) due to long rounds.
Is there a critical mass to gain for blocks to be found on regular basis?
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
You nailed it.  On BCM your shares are valid for one block.  On mine they are valid for 5 blocks.  All things being equal, if your total submitted shares on each pool were the same, you'd receive one payment from BCM for the block.  You'd receive 5 payments from my pool.  At the end, you'd have made the same amount of coin from each pool.
I think so.. a little.

I see BCM PPLNS shares: 366,167,075,962 with my PPLNS shares: 592,094,228
and Bravo PPLNS shares: 893,225,685,913 with my PPLNS shares: 1,016,865,514

so... with ~60% more shares made to Bravo, I still have bigger % of BCM because Bravo's total is ~240% bigger
is that simple mind conclusion right?

BTW
MONSTERbits are comming! Thank you!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
...Your total payable shares as of last round was 1.016B...
Did you meant 1.016BTC?

I guess I just don't understand this math because looking at block 409838 here gave me single 0.0410BTC comparing to single 0.0297BTC at bravo for block 409094 where I mined with more miners and rental.
I know latest block at Bravo gave me another 0.0287BTC without mining and probably next one will pay something similar as well, but it still puzzles me that long left BCM paid more per block.
Can you point me where I can see my submitted shares?
Nope... I meant 1.016 billion shares that were paid for your mining.  As Laviathon just pointed out, our payout methods are both PPLNS, but my N value is much larger than his.

You actually got it right in the part I bolded in your quote.

You can see exactly how your shares are broken down by logging into the pool, and going to the Statistics->Round section.  There, in the search boxes enter your name.

For this last block, you submitted exactly 6,633,863 valid shares.  That brought your total payable shares up to 1,016,865,514.  You take that number and divide it by the total PPLNS shares for the round (893,225,685,913) and multiply it by the block reward (25.20779969).

The key point here is the PPLNS shares and how YOUR shares compare to that number.  As I stated in my previous post, had you submitted the same 6,633,863 shares on BCM as you did on my pool, you would have earned only 0.00046003BTC.  The reason is because of N.

Let's say a block was found right now on both my pool and BCM.  On my pool you would make very close to that 0.0287BTC you made from the last block.  Even though you are not currently mining on my pool.

Making more sense I hope?
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
What Johnny is trying to say he pays an average shares over multiple blocks.  For right now until block frequency increases I am doing it in a single block average.  Johnny is legit.  I assure you.   Good dude.   Just for now a little different pay scheme.

I'm doing it this way to incurage new miners to jump on with out needing there round while they rampup.   Johnnys way is just as good and also discourages pool hopping.
...Your total payable shares as of last round was 1.016B...
Did you meant 1.016BTC?

I guess I just don't understand this math because looking at block 409838 here gave me single 0.0410BTC comparing to single 0.0297BTC at bravo for block 409094 where I mined with more miners and rental.
I know latest block at Bravo gave me another 0.0287BTC without mining and probably next one will pay something similar as well, but it still puzzles me that long left BCM paid more per block.
Can you point me where I can see my submitted shares?
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
There is absolutely no magic about it.  It's all math.  My N value is considerably larger than BCMonster.  That means the payable shares window is also considerably larger.

You submitted virtually no shares this past block on my pool - yet you were still paid for your shares from previous ones.

Last block, you submitted a total of 6.6M shares.  Your total payable shares as of last round was 1.016B.

EDIT: looking at your stats on BCM, you submitted 592M shares this round.  Had you only submitted the same 6.6M shares as you did on my pool, you would have earned 0.00046003283334BTC here.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
With such a long wait for a block my earnings are so confusing, especially when mined much longer at Jonny's and get paid here 33% more  Huh
You probably will say it's 5N magic but still...
The time you mined (here and Bravo, for the time being...) doesn't matter as much as how many shares you submitted vs. how many everyone else in the pool submitted due to the fact that 1 block isn't taking 5N shares to solve.  There's no magic, it's straight forward math.  I may not have explained it exactly correctly but I think it's the right idea.
With such a long wait for a block my earnings are so confusing, especially when mined much longer at Jonny's and get paid here 33% more  Huh
You probably will say it's 5N magic but still...
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Pages:
Jump to: