Pages:
Author

Topic: [4 PH/S+] BCMonster.com Mining Pool / [PPLNS Payout][Pays TxFee] - page 18. (Read 111561 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 306
Thanks for your help. It is someone who pointed a high speed miner at our old fixed 1 diff port for pc miners. As a result, a significant amount of storage use for unneccessary lines of code this round. So now, we are getting a bit bogged down until the round is over. Then everything should pick back up. 
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I just found this pool, I like discovering these small pools.  I've been pointing one S5 at JohnnyBravo's pool a bit, I'm going to share it's time here, too.  Just one little guy trying to show his support for the other little guys, good luck!

Web page has been really slow to load today, though, not sure what that's all about.
We have had some users with what appear to be using high speed machines on the low difficulty ports, Causing a significant bogging down of the server. We have removed the low diff ports for the time being, and plan to have just the one port 3333 as the vardiff port from 1 to 100,000.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Can someone check if the pool is up, my miners keeps failovering

I've had the same.
Pool web page reported that some ports were closed but I'm unable to load the page now to quote it.

Edit: Still unable to load the web front end but cgminer reporting port 3333 is alive.

Edit: Edit: front end not displaying any stats but I'll quote the message for those that haven't seen it:
"Sorry To those of you who video card Mine on the pool. I know we are one of the last pools that you can still mine for bitcoin with a video card. I had to close the ports due to people connecting asic miners to the video card ports. I am working on a fix and will have it implemented tomorrow."

I guess that any failovers were linked to that.
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
Can someone check if the pool is up, my miners keeps failovering
I will pm you details.
Activity: 42
I wondering is it rental really worth it?... I'm having free electricity but cost of the miner are just too high here...
Rental is worth it at the right rates only if you achieve under 100% for the round. With free electricity even if an s7 costs you $1200 right now it would still be worth it versus those of us paying .09 kwh because at that rate an s7 costs roughly $100/month.
++
S7 itself just 605usd in bitmain website..  even plus the psu around 750... im having free electricity.. is it worthing to get an s7? or i should just stick my lonely s5.. and throw money on rentals?
I wondering is it rental really worth it?... I'm having free electricity but cost of the miner are just too high here...
Rental is worth it at the right rates only if you achieve under 100% for the round. With free electricity even if an s7 costs you $1200 right now it would still be worth it versus those of us paying .09 kwh because at that rate an s7 costs roughly $100/month.
Activity: 42
Activity: 38
By tomorrow night I should be up to around 15Th. *fingers crossed
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
LOL... I've got you as my backup pool.  I always like to see pools doing promotions.  Pretty sure I know of another small pool I might be involved with that is currently running a promotion... Tongue

In all honesty, I'm glad to see both of our pools getting some hash.  The more we can attract, the less the big baddies get - and that's good for bitcoin.
Thanks for your help Johnny! A big promotion coming next round, start mining with us and stay tuned.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
It was my pleasure to help and I'm glad I was able to keep the pool's downtime to a pretty small window.  As always, feel free to reach out to me anytime and I'll help to the best of my ability.
Cool, my miners should be back up and hashing this evening, also my new s5's are scheduled to be dropped off by end of day tomorrow.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
sorry back up.  

I'm just going to be flat out real!  That probably would not have happened (atleast not as quickly as it did) without johnybravo0311.  That dude is amazing.  On facetime with an ipad while he was helping me get it all going.  Amazing dude! Send him some tips if you have a little extra.  I will be as soon as we hit this block.

He's been a great asset so far! 
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
sorry back up.  

I'm just going to be flat out real!  That probably would not have happened (atleast not as quickly as it did) without johnybravo0311.  That dude is amazing.  On facetime with an ipad while he was helping me get it all going.  Amazing dude! Send him some tips if you have a little extra.  I will be as soon as we hit this block.
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
Ok bringing the sever down.    Hopefully just for a few minutes.

are we all good now?
oops should of read the memo before I rented. Always some smuck in the group, my turn to bring the donuts.
Ok bringing the sever down.    Hopefully just for a few minutes.

are we all good now?
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
Ok bringing the sever down.    Hopefully just for a few minutes.
After I finish mid-terms, I'll throw 2TH/s your way to start and then 3 more TH/s if the results are better than the pool I'm on. I also need time to read your entire thread.  Smiley
No problem, well be glad to have you here  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: