Pages:
Author

Topic: [4 PH/S+] BCMonster.com Mining Pool / [PPLNS Payout][Pays TxFee] - page 25. (Read 111558 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 306
Actually no that will do the reverse to the people that have been sticking it out here. Perhaps if those new miners stick it out for this round the bonus could be back next round.  Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
After verifying with Laviathon, to qualify for this rounds 1BTC blockfinder bonus, you had to have been actively mining at the time the last block was found. Hope this clarifies things for the miners that dropped off and came back for this new round.

This takes away a lot of incentive for the people who had joined and would have come back and mined through the round.
The point is to get people to stick with us. A lot of people see $400 as plenty incentive to tough out 2 rounds with a small pool.

Exactly my point.

May I be so bold as too make a suggestion. ahahaahha...only I laugh at me Cry

Reverse course on the actively mining part and send another email to all the members reminding them it's game on time!

So what I'm saying is: If any miner put in any hash, ask them to come back! That's more hash for the pool = faster block find. 

And while they're back they'll get to play around with the super cool interface. My favorite part is the round reward part, because it reminds me that even though it may take days to hit - the payout is going to be just as much as if I were on a larger pool. And if we get lucky it will be bigger! Heck I even rented a bit-o-hash.

I'll be sticking it out this round even though I don't qualify anymore, or maybe splitting my miner in balance mode. But I'd sure like to see more of the 350 members mentioned in the initial email I received come back. The first email is what reminded me I had even signed up for this cool little pool. That was an attention grabber for sure!

Activity: 25
After verifying with Laviathon, to qualify for this rounds 1BTC blockfinder bonus, you had to have been actively mining at the time the last block was found. Hope this clarifies things for the miners that dropped off and came back for this new round.

This takes away a lot of incentive for the people who had joined and would have come back and mined through the round.

To me it's more of an incentive to remain a dedicated member, then hop around to a bunch of different pools...

Just saying... Smiley

The point is to get people to stick with us. A lot of people see $400 as plenty incentive to tough out 2 rounds with a small pool.
Activity: 18

Activity: 42
I guess one of my s5 blade is dead.. So sad that seller just giving one week personal warranty.. Damn
First check the connection to the board. Usually the 6 pin cable connection is loose and alls you need to do is unplug then then plug them back in
yeap, will do that once I'm back home. Only able to checking the miner status, remotely and decide ask my mom turn it off. And congrats on the 4th block, way to go~
Once this block is confirmed, BCTeamRental will be back up and running with rental hash. Then I will follow with some BTC of my own on my account.

Thanks Johnny, now its your turn  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Congrats on finding your fourth block!
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
well played Sir!
Activity: 76
Yay!  I just saw the Block 4 good news!  Congrats everyone!
Activity: 43
Words cannot express how happy I am right now. Now let's get our btc back!

Well done Laviathon.  Grin
I am very happy that's over. Now I hope round 5 is less painful.

I made a loss on that round but did well in the other rounds so cant complain.

Krisgt30 - sent PM.

Words cannot express how happy I am right now. Now let's get our btc back!
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
Block 4 at last!
So I signed up for this pool tonight and put my single Antminer S1 on it.  I have two S3s that I might send over also.  I see it's been almost a month since a block was found.  I can't imagine if I brought around 1.1 Th/s that I'd really make much, especially since the blocks aren't coming very fast.  Then again, I'm relatively new and don't know too much about how pools work and/or payouts.  Even the payout system explanation is so full of jargon and reads like graduate student's physics dissertation.

Why not do something like this... (using Slush's Pool as an example)

"Whatever your Hash Rate is at the time a block is found will determine your reward.  Found a block while having a high hash rate?  Awesome!  You made more than someone with a lower hash rate.  Turned off your equipment for 12 hours and no blocks were found in that 12 hour period?  Awesome!  It didn't hurt you at all since no blocks were found.  No blocks?  No reward!  In fact, you got lucky and saved some electricity!  But understand, if we had found a block during that 12 hours that you had a 0 hash rate... you would have made NOTHING!  So always keep your hash rate high so your reward is maximized."

Anyway, it was nice making .01 BTC every 2 days (since I have free electricity and am only operating at about 1.1 Th/s) but now it seems to be every 3-4 days on Slush's Pool.  It's pretty fun to help start something!

That would only work on a huge pool that is finding blocks  in hours.  It is not a bad idea but during the build up there would be 0 incentive for people to keep there miner here for weeks while a block was found.  The pool is here to stay and we will find more blocks.   Even with a bad round the payouts will come a lot faster than a month as the hash rate increases.  Who is to say that a year from now if we can manage to get to a multi PH/s point that we wont do that.  I really do appreciate your input and I will take all the Hash you can bring our way.  I hope you can get on here and make some BTC.

Activity: 76
So I signed up for this pool tonight and put my single Antminer S1 on it.  I have two S3s that I might send over also.  I see it's been almost a month since a block was found.  I can't imagine if I brought around 1.1 Th/s that I'd really make much, especially since the blocks aren't coming very fast.  Then again, I'm relatively new and don't know too much about how pools work and/or payouts.  Even the payout system explanation is so full of jargon and reads like graduate student's physics dissertation.

Why not do something like this... (using Slush's Pool as an example)

"Whatever your Hash Rate is at the time a block is found will determine your reward.  Found a block while having a high hash rate?  Awesome!  You made more than someone with a lower hash rate.  Turned off your equipment for 12 hours and no blocks were found in that 12 hour period?  Awesome!  It didn't hurt you at all since no blocks were found.  No blocks?  No reward!  In fact, you got lucky and saved some electricity!  But understand, if we had found a block during that 12 hours that you had a 0 hash rate... you would have made NOTHING!  So always keep your hash rate high so your reward is maximized."

Anyway, it was nice making .01 BTC every 2 days (since I have free electricity and am only operating at about 1.1 Th/s) but now it seems to be every 3-4 days on Slush's Pool.  It's pretty fun to help start something!

Activity: 72
fingers crossed!!
Activity: 13
Good luck!

Cross you fingers!! Love to see the 4th cracked..
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Guess I will thow up another 24 hour rental.  What the heck. 
Pages:
Jump to: