Pages:
Author

Topic: [4 PH/S+] BCMonster.com Mining Pool / [PPLNS Payout][Pays TxFee] - page 29. (Read 111525 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 306
With my final rental wrapping up, I figured I would post here and see if any of you guys would be interested in team renting for this pool. I was thinking of creating a new username just for rentals, have anyone interested send myself (or Laviathon if you dont feel comfortable sending me) your contribution. We all can keep track of the rental username's hashrate and rewards, and it get divided according to your investment percentage.

Example- we raise 2BTC towards rental hash - your contribution is .05BTC and we hit and the reward for the user for the block is 4BTC, you would have turned that .05BTC into .1BTC.

Laviathon- maybe sending out a mass email to subscribers about this idea could be a way to get some additional rental hash and an opportunity to crack blocks sooner?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
It depends on the batch. Earlier batches are $85/month later batches are $105/month.

how are later batches more? they hash less then earlier and have less chips.

Welcome aboard alex!  We need to take a s7 count and see how many we are up to towards our 212 goal.

The older ones used less power I'm sure is the reason.

2x S7s here. Batch 8
It depends on the batch. Earlier batches are $85/month later batches are $105/month.

They operate at a higher frequency and therefore consume more power to achieve that same hash rate. I received tracking numbers for both 5 and 6 so by monday all six will be running here.

I also have an offer for 2 Batch 8's at $830 shipped each within the united states if any of the pool members are interested in picking up some S7's. And I was told they would include the power supply as well at that price.
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

Welcome aboard alex!  We need to take a s7 count and see how many we are up to towards our 212 goal.

The older ones used less power I'm sure is the reason.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Welcome aboard Alex!
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I like the sound of this! 10th/s signed up

edit: user: Alex
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
how much for the hosting of each s7?
My 5th s7 sent to my hosting facility, with number 6 being sent later today. Will have 30th/s pointed at the pool by end of week.
I know if it was me, and I put months in developing and creating a pool, I would not want to simply merge with another pool. I am sure that is the way he feels, it would be months of hard work gone. Plus, it is not a bad thing to have more pools. With less diversity and less competition, the bigger pools, can take more and more away from the miners, leaving us no choice but to suck it up or go solo. What ideally should happen, is slush and antpool should see a significant drop in hash, from more miners switching over to bcmonster, bitminter, johnnybravos pool and others. I am trying to source 2 more S7's myself to get up and running at my hosted facility to increase the hash here.

I may suck to throw away all the work done to set up the pool but its also a learning experience that can be used in the future. While it would be nice to see people leave from those large pools and come to a smaller one the reality is it is going to be hard to steal them away. Those at the larger pools are used to get paid X btc every day and for them to come to a smaller pool where the payouts are less frequent is a big step. if we can constantly find blocks then others will start joining until then we are just asking people to hope that a block is found and that the reward is greater then the money for electricity/rental power. Unless the pool grows hashing power it may take to long to find blocks and people will either go back to previous pool or find a new larger pool. Sometime a merger is the only way to grow and not end up a thing of the past.
Thought this was cool.  Site info by geo for the month of feb.

I know if it was me, and I put months in developing and creating a pool, I would not want to simply merge with another pool. I am sure that is the way he feels, it would be months of hard work gone. Plus, it is not a bad thing to have more pools. With less diversity and less competition, the bigger pools, can take more and more away from the miners, leaving us no choice but to suck it up or go solo. What ideally should happen, is slush and antpool should see a significant drop in hash, from more miners switching over to bcmonster, bitminter, johnnybravos pool and others. I am trying to source 2 more S7's myself to get up and running at my hosted facility to increase the hash here.
double edged sword issue. Need more hash power to grow/find blocks but miners wont commit hash power unless there is base hash power to start with.

only thing you can really do is what you are doing now, advertise the pool as much as you can and keep the rental going it might not need to be 1ph every time maybe do 500 for twice as long. or work with the current pool members to gather some btc to get an extended rental going to spread the impact of the cost. that 4th block will fall and those that are on the pool will see the payout and want more. gotta give them that initial fix to get hooked and then want to come back for more and will bring their friends.

it may be suck to do/tedious but perhaps joining with bravo might be the best option to get the pool to grow. once this pool or his hits a block suspend mining on the the pool till the other hits then combine forces. (just a thought)
We need more people like you to jump in for the long haul with their hash.

Here's a silly question. What the best Difficulty to set the s7 to?

Difficulty is set by the stratum server to make sure your miner reports ever 8 seconds with a 30% max variance window.  If averages less that 8 seconds it will increase the diff, if more it will lower it.  In the end, difficulty has no effect on the "best share" just how quick the miner reports a cluster of shares.

The pool auto adjusts the difficulty for the s7. My 4 S7's are ranging from 7-12k diff here.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Unfortunately even giving away free BTC bonuses to block finders doesn't guarantee people will mine on your pool.  I'd love it if people stopped mining on the big, bad-for-Bitcoin pools and pointed their hash to our pools instead.  Very hard to get people to switch over, though.

People are blinded by the frequency of blocks and think that means it is the best for them, but when you have only 1TH-100TH, a smaller pool means more BTC, even though a less frequent payout. I have made more in 3 weeks here 10 fold versus the big boys. Why? Greater overall % of hashrate contribution.

Thats exactly why I am going to put S7's in here when I get them. Should be mailed out on Monday and up and running (hoping!!) by last Friday.
Unfortunately even giving away free BTC bonuses to block finders doesn't guarantee people will mine on your pool.  I'd love it if people stopped mining on the big, bad-for-Bitcoin pools and pointed their hash to our pools instead.  Very hard to get people to switch over, though.

People are blinded by the frequency of blocks and think that means it is the best for them, but when you have only 1TH-100TH, a smaller pool means more BTC, even though a less frequent payout. I have made more in 3 weeks here 10 fold versus the big boys. Why? Greater overall % of hashrate contribution.
Pages:
Jump to: