Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 80. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Pool is down for a bitcoind patch. Back up shortly.

Edit: Pool is up now.
legendary
A couple of minutes downtime just now as I updated bitcoind on the server.
legendary
bitcoind daemon on the pool has hung. I'm restarting it now.

Edit: Back up now.
legendary
I did get a lot of stales after you enabled X-Roll-NTime and they disappeared when you switched it off. The pool is working fine for me now. Before the issue with the stales happened we were at about 300 Gh/s and now we're down to 150 Gh/s even with Mt. Red dead for many hours. Hopefully the miners will come back.
Thanks for the update, I've left X-Roll-NTime disabled for now while I do more testing on it.

I found an issue that was causing stales whenever a bitcoin block was found by the network. At the time the pool learns of the new block there are a number of getwork results still queued to go to miners but have stale block data. These were still going out so a number of miners could get stale work. This may have been the cause of the "upstream sent stale" that someone mentioned in a previous comment. I've fixed this now by refreshing the stale blocks in the queued work before sending them to the miners.

There's still a period of time between when the pool learns about the block, and when miners receive their longpoll result that some miners will be submitting stale work. I've enabled a threshold for this time period where the pool pays out on stale shares for a short time so miners aren't affected by the pools inefficiency in this area.

Another area of stales was when I restart the pool. For a short period miners submitting work had them registered as stale due to the worker log in the pool being flushed on restart. I've corrected for this so no work is unpaid immediately after a restart.
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
I did get a lot of stales after you enabled X-Roll-NTime and they disappeared when you switched it off. The pool is working fine for me now. Before the issue with the stales happened we were at about 300 Gh/s and now we're down to 150 Gh/s even with Mt. Red dead for many hours. Hopefully the miners will come back.
legendary
I made some pool changes to hopefully improve the stale situation today. Let me know if you see more or less stales.
legendary
my miner keeps disabling your pool because of "stale-on-arrival" work. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I take it that its not good.
I'm not sure what that means either. What miner are you using? I'll look into it.

Edit: Nevermind, found code in bfgminer for it. Looking into it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
my miner keeps disabling your pool because of "stale-on-arrival" work. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I take it that its not good.
legendary
A couple of things I've noticed so far:

* I really need to improve longpoll times when bitcoin blocks are found. This is where the majority of stales is coming from.
* One miner is submitting a lot of duplicate hashes. They'll be seeing these as stales and they'll be fairly high. Your username begins with 'e'. If you think it's you, PM me. Possibly you may need to update your mining software.
legendary
The pool had a quick restart a few minutes ago to install some stale tracking code. This restart also adds the HTTP header X-Reject-Reason to any returned result that's the result of a stale or other invalid share. This can be used to help identify why you are getting stales. I picked that header based on the getwork wiki page.
legendary
I'm investigating the high stale issue. The recent changes to the pool that might affect it have been:

* Enable X-Roll-NTime
* Rejecting block times outside a specific range
* Statistics tracking

I've temporarily disabled X-Roll-NTime to see if that's the issue. If they're still high I'll check the block time rejection and the statistics.
legendary
Pool will go down for a few minutes shortly to install a bitcoin update.
Upgrade done. Pool is back up.
legendary
Pool will go down for a few minutes shortly to install a bitcoin update.
Activity: 686
Hi, I have a problem with too many stales:
I'm not familiar with cgminer - what numbers should I be looking at?

A's vs R's.

legendary
I'm not familiar with cgminer - what numbers should I be looking at?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

Compared with btcguild:

Does anyone have the same problem?
legendary
Assuming I've implemented it right, pool now supports X-Roll-NTime.
legendary
I'm not planning to go DGM but I was tracking DGM stats to compare payouts.
Although if we get many more 9 million+ share blocks like the current one I might have to rethink before going bankrupt! Pool needs more good luck!
legendary
This is me, and I'm sure i'm not alone. Are you considering going DGM? If so, I'll be disappointed. I love this as a backup, and if MtRed keep going down like it has, I'll be here permanently. I prefer PPS than any other method because I can't guarantee uptime on my miners, so i dont' want to be penalized for that downtime.
Thanks for using the pool! I'm not planning to go DGM but I was tracking DGM stats to compare payouts. If I did enable DGM it'd be an option and I'd keep PPS but I don't see me doing DGM in the near future.  It doesn't seem to be very good for sporadic miners and I think that form of mining will become more common as people switch pools regularly for backups, etc. I also much prefer the simplicity of PPS in terms of data the pool needs to keep. Currently most of my pool development efforts are going towards improving performance and scaling.
Activity: 504
I'm wondering if it's the result of being a backup pool for people that kicks in when their main pool has issues.

This is me, and I'm sure i'm not alone. Are you considering going DGM? If so, I'll be disappointed. I love this as a backup, and if MtRed keep going down like it has, I'll be here permanently. I prefer PPS than any other method because I can't guarantee uptime on my miners, so i dont' want to be penalized for that downtime.
Pages:
Jump to: