Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 34. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 104
 I would not do that. I do not want to invest money in one coin, a very big risk of losing money. I would divide this sum into 5 equal parts. in this case, the loss of money is less risky.5 off the top 20  Grin
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
It's a real risk, I should say. However, it's not possible to call it a "risk" if we are talking about 500$, that's not serious. Real risk is to put 10+k usd in one alt, that's really scary if this is all your bank.

It must not be done. Even when you risk to lose 500 dollars, it is still the wrong decision. having such a sum of money buy Gladius, TRON, Credits, and Ethlend.
Activity: 238
Merit: 30
You must not do all-in to just one project, if something happens to this project, for example can be big fud, and your money can drop %50-60 easily, because of this you must invest to few separate altcoins.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found a hidden GEM called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are already trading on some exchanges, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/future-of-privacy-ethereum-meta-foundation-of-anonymous-e-marketplace-2659058
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Wouldn't be too risky if you put it into bitcoin, however one altcoin might be really risky if they're not in like top 5. Altcoins turn to scam from time to time or just have pumps and dumps that last a few hours.
Activity: 98
not if its Sonder lol
Activity: 266
investing in one coin or just one token will be very risky, because if you suffer a loss from the token then all your assets will incur losses, there will be nothing you can expect from another token
Activity: 606
Merit: 108
Better not focus on 1 Altcoin alone if you want to make a profit, you can try 2 or 3 Altcoin from your capital so you can earn more than every coin you invest. if you only have 1 coin, you may take a long time, you can enjoy the profit you get and maybe only a little profit because only 1 coin you invest.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
It is always risky to keep all the money in one coin and this makes to lose the value if it starts decreasing. So it is always good to distribute the money to different other potential coins which will help us to make money with other coins when another one is falling.

it is really so so risky. at least 8 or 9 coins must be in your basket.
when it drop, you can earn from other coins
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
Certainly putting all the money in 1 altcoin is a very risky thing, if the coin drop or proven scam as happened on TBAR then it will make us regret, I suggest to split the money in many places.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
It is always risky to keep all the money in one coin and this makes to lose the value if it starts decreasing. So it is always good to distribute the money to different other potential coins which will help us to make money with other coins when another one is falling.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

I think you should maximize your investment by investing into different coins ,like two to three coin . Putting all your investment in 1 coin is not a good idea because if everything doesn't go well on that coin all your money will lost instantly , unlike if you invest in other coin you still have an option when evey goes down.

but he can also earn more income whenever his investment did go well. investing in 1 single coin is not always a bad idea as long as you know what you are investing. let say he only invest in popular or familliar coins such as bitcoin or etherium , then i guess that is probably okay to put all of his funds because those type of coins is already been proven and tested to increase in the long run. patience is also the key in order to become succesful on what you do because if you dont have a patience and you keep on panicking whenever theres a crash or correction , then your investments will still become useless.
Activity: 78
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

It doesn't matter what amount of investment you have. You should always put your money into several coins or ICOs
Activity: 186
Merit: 2
Hi,

Thanks

I think you should maximize your investment by investing into different coins ,like two to three coin . Putting all your investment in 1 coin is not a good idea because if everything doesn't go well on that coin all your money will lost instantly , unlike if you invest in other coin you still have an option when evey goes down.
Activity: 196
Dude, you're taking a lot of risk! Heard the expression? "do not put all the eggs in one basket" a synonym for this expression - this is the word diversification! Choose at least 2 coins, and preferably 3 for your money. To reduce risks. In general, act according to its trading strategy. It's just that everyone has their own!
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
I think, Cardano it's a secure option. Also is good to invest in an ICO like Contractium.

These are promising altcoins but I do not think that you should invest only in a single cryptocurrency. Try to add more alts to your wallet - it will give you more chances to get the desired profits.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
if your money is in 1 big altcoin such as Ethereum, Neo, Monero; no it is not too risky. Your investment is too low at the end, you can easily earn 500 dollars
But if your money is in low cap coins, it is risky because it may be a scam project
Activity: 154
In fact, investing in different pennies will reduce the risk, but if you risk it, you will get higher returns. Invest in ETH, which is the most secure and potential coin.
Activity: 45
If it can separate into some coins, the possibility of other coins can backups loose-cost from your invest. My experience says like that. Because the movement of all coins for now is uncertain, everything is possible. You better find info about some coins, so you can choose some profitable coin.
Activity: 69
All my money is in Ethereum as well, but I'm not holding it for too long since I'm planning to re-invest in upcoming token sales. This July has a couple of good projects like Menlo one and ViValid. I think it would be better to risk on ICOs rather than sell my eth at a loss or keep holding and hoping.. Menlo in particular seems like a really good project since it plans to be an ICO marketplace. It's gonna be like ICObench but with a lot more stuff to do.
Pages:
Jump to: