Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 54. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 101
April 24, 2018, 03:08:37 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Yes, it is very risky, and you should never invest all of your savings in just one project. Follow the old proverb 'Never put all your eggs in one basket.'

I am currently staying with 3-4 coins for long-term, whenever any coin value rises and get enough profit, then I sell some stakes from profits to invest in current running ICO's for short-term.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
April 24, 2018, 03:06:50 PM
Number rule in investing your money is "Do Not Put Everything In One Basket" so that if one will fail you still have another that is going to work. Diversify your money, as what you've said there are a lot of coins out there that has a good project. Spread your money in 5 coins 20% each and wait for it gain profit.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
April 24, 2018, 02:55:02 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

yes is too risky i think. better you split your investment on the some of coins. but you need to put it to a good coin or at least to coin which have future. just to make sure you will get profit after investing. first, you need to learn about them like his project, roadmap etc.
Activity: 307
Merit: 10
April 24, 2018, 02:14:12 PM
2 or 3 kinds of coin is good but I think it much better if you make it the top 10 potential that some did not too expensive to buy. It is risky but it will be better more safety not to lose but more profit.

Right, it is better to buy more coins. Then you can protect yourself from the loss of everything as something goes wrong. All the money you could possibly try to invest in certain currencies with a solid basis like Bitcoin or ETH. Besides, it is always worth doing research before buying.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
April 24, 2018, 01:28:44 PM
Do not put all your money in just one coin, it has a huge risk. You will lose all the money you have if the coin you invest is down. But if you divide your investment into more than one coin, it will minimize the loss of your money. Because if one of your coins drops the price, you still have a chance of another coin for the price of the coin can soar and give you the income to restore your capital and give you a big advantage.

actually if it refers to a big coin like ethereum or BCH, it looks very reasonable and has great potential, but that opinion is only useful for holders who like long-term plans, many traders are actually happy with the opposite because they prefer to play profits with 10-20 coins daily from various tokens, no longer need to wait long for a profit asset.
Activity: 193
Merit: 0
April 24, 2018, 01:27:12 PM
2 or 3 kinds of coin is good but I think it much better if you make it the top 10 potential that some did not too expensive to buy. It is risky but it will be better more safety not to lose but more profit.
Activity: 90
Merit: 13
April 24, 2018, 01:25:53 PM
If you have just few bucks to invest like you said, I would recommend stay all-in one good and strong project. Split your money into 4-6 projects is a bad idea as you will loose significant part of your little capital in fees among exchanges, transfers and wallets.

Increase your capital in monthly basis by the money you save from your work, when the cake is big then split in order to avoid too much risk.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 266
> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500
April 24, 2018, 12:47:00 PM
Maybe it is not too risky but you will be more confident when you will invest in one coin cause thanks to that you will be able to just make your lost smaller or you could make your income bigger.
Activity: 294
April 24, 2018, 12:29:40 PM
Do not put all your money in just one coin, it has a huge risk. You will lose all the money you have if the coin you invest is down. But if you divide your investment into more than one coin, it will minimize the loss of your money. Because if one of your coins drops the price, you still have a chance of another coin for the price of the coin can soar and give you the income to restore your capital and give you a big advantage.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
April 24, 2018, 12:11:53 PM
It is not that risky, if it is a good altcoin. There are a lot of good altcoins such as Neo, Cardano, Monero and Ethereum. Pick Neo, It is a Chinese Ethereum and it has a very high potential.
Activity: 280
April 24, 2018, 11:35:48 AM
You can try. But when you lose money, you'll be smarter.
Activity: 647
Merit: 260
April 24, 2018, 11:12:36 AM
It is really risk to go all in at one altcoin!! You should split your positions into some more altcoins to lower your risk. It is also a good trading strategy to have enough funds in Bitcoin or Ethereum!
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
April 24, 2018, 10:58:23 AM
I would split it on 2-3 if you are not planning to actual trade.Even a nice project with small market cap and solid team can end up as a scam or just fail.Like ctr for example.To risky.Or just buy btc,xrp, or eth
Good idea, just look at eth had fallen but now eth has gone back in a few weeks time.
this indicates that we should be right to invest, do not buy coins that are not trusted. ETH, XRP is a great coin and will continue to survive.
Activity: 266
Prontapay
April 24, 2018, 09:31:31 AM
I would split it on 2-3 if you are not planning to actual trade.Even a nice project with small market cap and solid team can end up as a scam or just fail.Like ctr for example.To risky.Or just buy btc,xrp, or eth
Activity: 1050
April 24, 2018, 09:30:03 AM
Hi,

Thanks
This is a very risky decision. Because investing in an altcoin will not bring too much profit. You should break it down to invest in other altcoins. Ideally you should manage 5-6 portfolios. It will not be too confusing to buy and sell. In addition, you have the time to learn about their technology and other altcoins.
i think if it will invest all funds, not only on 1 altcoin because it will be very risky. but i can advise you can invest all in bitcoin or ethereum, it will be safer because it is parent of coin or altcoin
Activity: 13
April 24, 2018, 09:21:24 AM
Hi,

Thanks

No problem as long as the team is strong and regular development updates are happening...Go and invest..
Activity: 770
https://streamies.io/
April 24, 2018, 09:02:26 AM
Hi,

Thanks
This is a very risky decision. Because investing in an altcoin will not bring too much profit. You should break it down to invest in other altcoins. Ideally you should manage 5-6 portfolios. It will not be too confusing to buy and sell. In addition, you have the time to learn about their technology and other altcoins.
Activity: 686
April 24, 2018, 09:01:54 AM
That's really bad idea to keep all our investment in one single coin, we might lose if people start dumping the coin, so it is always good to divert your investment into different other good mature coins which have the ability to give good returns.
Activity: 154
April 24, 2018, 08:33:29 AM
Too risky ? = NO, can its slow income ? = YES. Smiley
Because if you depends in 1 altcoin, there are other altcoins that have more prospects, and you will miss getting more income. So its better if you divide to some altcoins that have good prospects, and get more result.
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
April 24, 2018, 07:52:23 AM
For me investing on only one altcoin will be risky but at the same time when you are bullish and positive that it can give you high profit then go for it. At the end of the day, its you own money you are investing.
Pages:
Jump to: