Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 53. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101
April 27, 2018, 06:59:15 PM
Hello, my personal advice, for reference only. The risk of investing in a currency is relatively too great. You should consider choosing between 3 and 5 currencies with some potential to distribute your investment evenly.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
April 27, 2018, 06:44:05 PM
You can not invest in one coin even if it seems to you that it will go up. This is a big risk. I think that you need to diversify the risks.
Activity: 490
Merit: 13
April 27, 2018, 06:43:57 PM

Just imagine if that altcoin will go down, then definitely you have no other choice to make except to wait when will it comeback or increased. The advantage about this is that you are only thinking of one coin but the disadvantage is you only have one option to choose. $500 is already a good start to invest and it's better to at least divide it into 5 so that there will be more possibilities that you can actually make.
Great choice, I would also split them into 100$ and invest on 5 altcoins.

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
if you invest all your money in just 1 Altcoins, you will never know what will happen next time. And also investing on 1 project is too risky.
I think You should learn something about money management before you invest. This will help you a lot.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 27, 2018, 06:14:15 PM
Time will tell you when it will be risky. But, I do not think you need hold just a 1 token, you can create portfolio a small amount of tokens and it is better. You should hold ETH, LTC, XRP.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
send and receive money instantly, w/no hidden cost
April 27, 2018, 05:46:28 PM
I find it true that small investors do not go too far. The more coin you have, the less you will have to pay for the stock market and reduce the gain you have earned. I think you are the right way Smiley
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 05:43:43 PM
Normally i would say it is much better to have 2-3 coins but the amount you are talking about is too little to split and make profit from it. If you want to make money with it you need to find a coin with a potential of 10x-50x. It is hard to find a that kind of coin in top 50 coins. You should focus on new and high potential coins instead. If you can pick the right project that $500 can easily be 20k.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
April 27, 2018, 05:32:05 PM
This is extra risky . Even if you hold only in top alts like Ethereum , Ripple, it is required to add something else in order to difersify your portfolio.
Look at privacy coins like monero, Verge. I bet they will grow this year
Activity: 700
April 27, 2018, 05:00:34 PM
Investing in one coin is very risky. If this is not bitcoin. I think that you must learn to manage risks. This is very important in crypto.

altcoin has a proportion to always focus on coin variables that are constantly evolving. it aims to maximize profits and minimize losses not too long, I prefer to buy 10 coins with the largest volume for a more even analysis, I would be stuck if only pegged with only 1 altcoin.
Activity: 203
April 27, 2018, 04:50:04 PM
Unlike investment on Bank though it is sure to bloom but your income is only limited.
When you invest on crypto, your income can be x5, x100, x100, x150 or a major lost, so one strategy is to out your money on different coins to ensure win situations.
Activity: 378
April 27, 2018, 04:26:41 PM
Investing in one coin is very risky. If this is not bitcoin. I think that you must learn to manage risks. This is very important in crypto.
Activity: 434
April 27, 2018, 04:24:05 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Just imagine if that altcoin will go down, then definitely you have no other choice to make except to wait when will it comeback or increased. The advantage about this is that you are only thinking of one coin but the disadvantage is you only have one option to choose. $500 is already a good start to invest and it's better to at least divide it into 5 so that there will be more possibilities that you can actually make.
Activity: 154
April 27, 2018, 03:40:54 PM
Hodl Neo u can see five times profit in coming months for sure more over u will get Gas also for staking Neo for long term on mobile app
Activity: 157
April 27, 2018, 03:33:15 PM
Yes, it's too risky to invest all your money in one coin. But your investment is not much, so you can distribute it to 2-3 coins to avoid losing half of it suddenly.
Activity: 434
April 27, 2018, 02:47:14 PM
If you have invested in a coin (token) from the top 100, then I think you can not worry. It is desirable that it was a coin, for example Stratis.
Activity: 322
April 27, 2018, 02:35:59 PM
it's like Russian roulette Grin  but this is normal, as I believe. For example, Fusion or Wanchain, Oracles (POA). These are excellent projects with a strong team, the risk is small Wink
Activity: 196
April 24, 2018, 05:09:47 PM
It is a very big risk to keep all the money in just one coin. But sometimes this risk can be justified and you will get a big profit. If you know how to choose coins that will grow soon, you can invest in one coin. As an investor I don't recommend to act this way.
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
April 24, 2018, 04:57:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks
Not one project will not give 100% guarantee that it will be successful. Of course, you can invest only in one coin, if you are sure of it, but you can also distribute your$ 500 between several different coins, which in my opinion will be the best solution. But the decision is yours.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 101
April 24, 2018, 04:12:30 PM
Yes it a high-risk affair mate, even you've had 100% confidence in your only asset on the cryptomarket it is always a fail. Not only because of volatility but also it is an emotional game of greed and fear. You better divide investments in 3-5 or more coins to minimize risks. Even if couple of coins will struggle other ones will cover your losses.
Basic investment rule so far and don't let greed overcome common sense.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
April 24, 2018, 03:42:15 PM
If your capital is low, focusing on a single altcoin could make your capital increasing blazingly fast. The story is different if you have a big capital, diversify is the only way to reduce the risk.Worth to mention is the altcoin you choose really need to have a potential for growth, and you already did many analysis and research for it.
April 24, 2018, 03:36:45 PM
You know everybody tells "dont put your all eggs in a basket". Investing this way is very risky, you can lose everything you have. Of course you have a chance to make a lot of money.
Really big risk!
Pages:
Jump to: