Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 56. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
April 21, 2018, 11:08:53 AM
Yes, i think it is too risky. But someone argued that's actually not much difference as most crypto shared the same risky proposition. Holding too many coins might made the portfolio harder to manage. Anywhere, i would prefer to building a portfolio with different coins just to diverse the rewards and risks.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
April 21, 2018, 10:59:33 AM
investing in 1 altcoin is really very risky, and it is better to follow more than 2 or 3 altcoin this will further increase your security in investing.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
April 21, 2018, 10:45:15 AM
There is nothing wrong in holding all your money in a single altcoin, if it is a more established altcoin such Ethereum, Litecoin, Neo, and Ripple. You can choose anyone of these, but i would suggest you choose Ethereum or Neo. But don't put all your money in a single shitcoin in the hope of getting huge profit in future. It would be very risky, you may lose everything.
Activity: 350
Merit: 122
April 20, 2018, 02:54:51 PM
If you really like some project, you believe in it, do not invest money there. Need an objective analysis and no feelings. Those who are guided by feelings will lose their money.

This is confusing to me...because after I did my research and liked the project then the "feelings" for the project comes.  That is when no matter what happens, you don't panic because of the strong belief in the project/coin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 11
April 20, 2018, 02:49:02 PM
If you really like some project, you believe in it, do not invest money there. Need an objective analysis and no feelings. Those who are guided by feelings will lose their money.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
Revolutionizing Reward Points
April 20, 2018, 02:23:04 PM
It is double-edged sword. On the one hand, it is a risky, rules of investing says: don't put all eggs in the same place, but on the other hand, if you are so sure in this coin, don't hesitate to invest

nice quotes here with double-edged sword  Wink
because if the OP choose the right alt, the OP can make a big profit, but if not the OP will lose all his money
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
April 20, 2018, 01:59:42 PM
Depends on the risk you like to take. I hold most in 1 altcoin because i believe the price is to low right now and with the right moves i can skyrocket.
But it is very risky, even though i like the team and the tech a lot can go wrong , but it will have the best returns to be invested big.
if you want to decrease the risk of loss you have to hold some tokens instead of just one token, so that risk will decrease.
suppose holding 2 tokens, if 1 loss and 1 profit then you will not lose mate
Activity: 196
Merit: 7
April 20, 2018, 01:54:49 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
My friend invested few months ago in some ico and he made some profit. Now he is investing in Nebula AI ico. I think he should do some profit from this too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
April 20, 2018, 01:48:03 PM
Depends on the risk you like to take. I hold most in 1 altcoin because i believe the price is to low right now and with the right moves i can skyrocket.
But it is very risky, even though i like the team and the tech a lot can go wrong , but it will have the best returns to be invested big.
Activity: 606
Merit: 108
April 20, 2018, 01:42:11 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
each coin must have a risk then you should be prepared to accept the risk if something happens that is not in want, it's good if you share some of your money for coins that you like or that you think will be very beneficial later. you will likely get More profits than the coins you choose. But if you only choose 1 coin that you think is very good, maybe only a little advantage you can.
Activity: 261
Merit: 5
https://www.doh.gov.ph/covid-19/case-tracker
April 20, 2018, 01:24:00 PM
Hi,

Thanks

If you just have a 500 usd better to invest it to only 1 altcoin but make sure the coin has really a potential to increase . Do your own research about it before investing .
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
April 20, 2018, 01:16:18 PM
It is a very big risk to keep all the money in just one coin. But sometimes this risk can be justified and you will get a big profit. If you know how to choose coins that will grow soon, you can invest in one coin. As an investor I don't recommend to act this way.

In theory, the very trade or investment in any coin of the crypto-currency market is a certain risk, where it is higher, somewhere lower, but it is there. I would not risk investing all the money in one coin, even if I was sure of it.
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
April 20, 2018, 01:07:41 PM
It is double-edged sword. On the one hand, it is a risky, rules of investing says: don't put all eggs in the same place, but on the other hand, if you are so sure in this coin, don't hesitate to invest
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
April 20, 2018, 01:03:21 PM
The first question that needs to be asked here is; 'How long are you at risk?' If your answer to the question is a high level risk then it may result in indexing your investment to a subcco. But my proposal will be to divide your basket into a few pieces by proportioning to your trust situation without widening it too much.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
April 20, 2018, 12:51:11 PM
It is a very big risk to keep all the money in just one coin. But sometimes this risk can be justified and you will get a big profit. If you know how to choose coins that will grow soon, you can invest in one coin. As an investor I don't recommend to act this way.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
April 20, 2018, 12:34:22 PM
It definitely is risky man.Dont just put everything into a single thing.This is not a advice for crypto  but for any type of investments.You never know how it would turn out
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
April 20, 2018, 12:23:27 PM
It's not good to put all your money into one coin. Diversification between 2-3 coins is better. This will reduce the risk of losing all funds. On the other hand, investment in btc or eth is quite safe and there is a high probability of a good profit in long term.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
April 20, 2018, 12:03:11 PM
It's a risky game my friend. The main investing rule - diversify your portfolio.
Your main part of budget invest in top 10 blue chips they will grow in order to cover your losses.
The other part invest in perspective coins on their lows and study these projects their ideas news and development.
Although a lot of considerations must be taken care of before doing this. Diversifying your portfolio doesn't guarantee you a sure way of earning profits or less risky investments. You might end up with scraps of the coins you hold if you diversify too much resulting for you to hold out even longer than what it supposed to be. Just focus on 2-3 altcoins for now and in time when you get higher investments add to your portfolio slowly.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 14
April 20, 2018, 11:51:23 AM
I don't like paradigm about eggs in a one bascet. I did the same thing I hold one coin. I sold others and hold one, but unfortunately it doesn't help. Fortunately I had some spirit and changed my mind , after that I'm looking for good coins and it doesn't matter about count. If I think that this will be a good coin I hold it. If not I'll sell it easily. But anyway if you find something good maybe that would be better to use more than one coin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
April 20, 2018, 11:42:36 AM
I don't think It is risky. If you want to put all your money in one altcoin, it has to be more established altcoins  such as Ethereum and Neo. It is more secure to put your money in these two coins. You can pick any one of them, or you can put your money in both. As after bitcoin, these two coins are getting more attention.
Pages:
Jump to: