Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 58. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 0
April 20, 2018, 01:17:33 AM
there is never 100% for anything, we face a risk every day. I prefer you split 30% - 70% between bitcoin to other bitcoin. ethereum is good, I prefer top 10 altcoins for now. pick altcoin who got a steady rise.
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
April 20, 2018, 01:02:24 AM
The consensus of this thread is to not put all your money in any single coin. Always have more than one investment to better manage your risk.
Activity: 154
April 20, 2018, 12:37:13 AM
don't put all the eggs in one basket . even if it is 500 dollars . you can divide your investment into 3 shares . 5:3:2 . you can think about EOS . it will reach a high point in June .
Activity: 224
April 20, 2018, 12:06:05 AM
If you have a large amount of capital I think you should invest in such a type of altcoin will reduce the risk for you. But if less capital, put all on an altcoin. I'm just like you, I just had a little capital and I bought everything into ETH. But I believe they will grow strongly in the future. ETH is the most potent coin I have ever expected.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
April 19, 2018, 11:19:56 PM
It is always risky to keep all your investment in a single coin, you need to divert them and invest them into different altcoin which has the same potential because if one price increases automatically you will make your profit from it.
Activity: 852
Merit: 500
April 19, 2018, 11:12:09 PM
The only way you are going to learn is through experience. Yes, this is too risky. Try to have at least two altcoins. I'm sure some of the other members are telling you from experience. Diversify your bonds lol.
Activity: 154
April 19, 2018, 10:25:47 PM
yes, its too risky my friend
and i suggest you to buy more than 2 altcoins but not more than 5 altcoins with your money
remember : don't put your money in one basket  Wink

Investing is risky. But investing in only one altcoin with all of your money is extremely risky. Better choose two or more alts were you can invest your money. It is just preventing the probability of loss than gain. Splitting your money to other coins is the best option.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
April 19, 2018, 09:55:08 PM
yes, its too risky my friend
and i suggest you to buy more than 2 altcoins but not more than 5 altcoins with your money
remember : don't put your money in one basket  Wink
Activity: 90
Merit: 13
April 19, 2018, 09:47:41 PM
During a period last year I was almost all-in in Decred (DCR) prior to the lightning network implementation. I don't regreat, but yes, it is too risky.

I remember Bitcoin was going to the moon and I was stucked in the coin, also dropping in BTC terms - during December and January my position worthed.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
April 19, 2018, 09:47:30 PM
The answer is yes and no.

If the $500 you plan on investing is your entire life's savings and it would cause a hardship if you lost it all, then yes it is too risky.

If the $500 won't be missed and if all your bills are paid off and you have a good job then the risk may be worth it.

Risk is commensurate to reward.  Bigger risks mean bigger potential profits or losses.
Activity: 140
April 19, 2018, 09:25:43 PM
Here is my 1 altcoin bet, upcoming ICO.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31823480

This will be the first arbitrage exchange that aims to bring the masses into crypto with their user-friendly UI, crypto education, and the first company offering individual insurance. The CTO has 40 years coding experience in the financial markets for exchanges. Definitely, keep an eye out for this one. Has solid tech, team, solves huge problem bringing the masses into crypto, and building a loyal community.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 19, 2018, 09:21:53 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
you should split your money into two or more portofolio.if you put your money in one basket, its to risky if that project being scam.no one can help you to get back your money.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
April 19, 2018, 08:50:52 PM
If you have no experience in this type of investment, I think you have all the odds against you and therefore you should only invest the money that you can afford to lose. I have always thought that one should never make big expectations when starting with such a small capital, but if you already made the decision, you should invest in the safest coins such as bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum, and maybe 20% in higher risk coins like Cardano, Komodo or Iota.
Yeah agree for investing or trading in crypto, surely you need enough experience mate, if you're still an early user you can try investing in a safe crypto and have a low risk like bitcoin,
I think investing in just one altcoin alone is a pretty risky thing mate, altcoin has a small marketcap and it makes fluctuations very quickly, if you really only want to invest in one altcoin only, make sure you only invest in a truly potential altcoin like ETH
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 08:08:36 PM
Of course.. and putting all his money in only one altcoin is something extremely risky, i wouldn't do it, even if all my budget would be less than $100.. No way that you can put everything in the same basket.
If you have no experience in this type of investment, I think you have all the odds against you and therefore you should only invest the money that you can afford to lose. I have always thought that one should never make big expectations when starting with such a small capital, but if you already made the decision, you should invest in the safest coins such as bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum, and maybe 20% in higher risk coins like Cardano, Komodo or Iota.
Activity: 329
Merit: 14
April 19, 2018, 07:47:06 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
January 13, 2018, 07:30:06 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
You took a high risk but at the same time if what you want is to make a lot of money sometimes you are not going to have any other option but to take risks, as long as you are fine losing all your money in case the coin crashes then everything is fine.
rbv
Activity: 49
January 13, 2018, 06:54:27 PM
buy 33 dollars of 3 up & coming coins when they are priced at 1 cent, preferrably less. Even if 2 fail, when the other is priced at 2 dollars you will start making a profit.
the price of the coin might not be the best thing to look at. more relevant is the market cap. e.g. if the total supply of a coin is very limited, the price of one coin might be above 1$ while the market cap is still very low compared to competitors. thus a 1$ coin can have more growth potential than a 1 cent coin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 19
January 13, 2018, 06:43:03 PM
Hi,

Thanks

1, 2 or 3 coins 'for me' No Problem!. I guess it's the same, 'with note', the coins you buy are really potential coins, for example: coin ethereum above $ 1 or Electroneum coin under $ 1. Precisely, by buying one coin you will feel light, 'no hassle' when you do the analysis.
Activity: 287
January 13, 2018, 06:13:30 PM
Hopefully you did your proper research.. If so, i wouldnt call it risky.

I, myself once set 40k+ into and ico and made more than 800k.. this ico though.. everyone called bullshit on it. but somehow the supreme tech managed to get bought up through the btc walls
Activity: 364
January 13, 2018, 05:52:33 PM
Hi,

Thanks
It has become one of the golden rules in trading/investment to never place all your eggs/tomatoes in one basket even how good a project may seem to be. Yes it would be great to earn maximum profit by betting everything in something you believe in. But it is better to gain a little profit than losing everything.
Pages:
Jump to: