Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 136. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
The amount of postings deletion on ATs board is unbelieveable at the moment. A lot of them just asking some critical questions.
I got banned too.
I think it's a good time to start to secure some evidence. Save news, official postings,...
If someone needs their original ToS from the first days the shop was opened, just let me know. They already changed some things during the time.
Due to the fact that this product is made on customers demand, customers have no cancelation or refund rights by EU law. Sold B2B or B2C doesn't matter. Their is just one date they have to met to stay within their contract: delivery within Q3.

all done - and if this is fraud - and at this Point it Looks like - they will regret this
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
The amount of postings deletion on ATs board is unbelieveable at the moment. A lot of them just asking some critical questions.
I got banned too.
I think it's a good time to start to secure some evidence. Save news, official postings,...
If someone needs their original ToS from the first days the shop was opened, just let me know. They already changed some things during the time.
Due to the fact that this product is made on customers demand, customers have no cancelation or refund rights by EU law. Sold B2B or B2C doesn't matter. There is just one date they have to met to stay within their contract: delivery within Q3.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Just noticed the email about September delivery.

Curious, since a bit of the gist of AT's argument against refunds is regarding their claim that customers are ALL businesses.
So, how many of you have Business Tax ID numbers and the like?
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
hehe AT refers to http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm

Well, even HMRC stated, dat "1.Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received."
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

If you're in the UK, I would advise visiting. Nobody has done that recently, at least that is publicly known.

Yea im surprised, dat UK customers dont visit them oO (and telling their story here on forums)

I was a UK customer but did get a refund (some time back).

I'm wondering whether perhaps they chose to refund UK customers knowing  that we are the ones which are more likely to turn up to their door and create havoc? If they kept us sweet, then they were highly unlikely to get any disgruntled offshore customers turn up due to costs and logistics.

Just a thought.

Was it a full refund?

It was as per their terms.

Any difference was an acceptable loss to my company.

Congrats. You fell into their trap. There was no product to begin with. They wanted you to give in and take that 70% refund. They were EXPECTING the free 30% that you gave them.

lmfao. can't believe you fell for it. It's a shame you aren't fighting till the end. You shouldn't have given in. no no no sir.

@Bulldozer.

Like I say for my business this was a no brainer, I could afford to make a small loss. I got the vast majority of my deposit back.

As I see it several thousand back a few months ago is better than nothing now.

Who's laughing now ?

Activity: 616

lmfao. can't believe you fell for it. It's a shame you aren't fighting till the end. You shouldn't have given in. no no no sir.

Says the guy who gave them how many tens of thousands of dollars?

and oh btw bumface. Stop riding Alpha Technologies dick please. They've shown NOTHING that's of substance. All those bullshit they've spewed I can't believe you're taking in. Are you made of bullshit too? Like are the atoms in your body categorized as BULLSHIT? Because that's all I can think of why you're still riding their dick. The other reason is that you have Down Syndrome which, if you think about it, is actually a pretty plausible scenario.

This is why I was originally asking him why he was so skiddish out of nowhere. For like 40 pages he was pro Alpha Tech and waving the flag of belief, and then his next series of posts were ones completely out of pattern.
What I'm saying is, it doesn't look like you were scammed. You been here since January, ok. cool story bro. You've been sucking Alpha Technologies dick for 7 months already. Great. Thanks for letting me know. If you haven't been scammed, why are you wasting your time here honestly? Don't you have anything better to do? A wife to tend to? (or are you gay?) seriously. GTFO of this forum mate. The reason I'M here is because shipping is suppose to be NOW and I came here and what did I see? People flipping the shit out. I research more into this and wow. yea they are scam. Ever heard of the duck? If it quacks like one ..walks like one...whatever forget it..you know what I'm talking about. It doesn't take a genius (like you say you are) to know that they are a sham. You've wasted months on end only to come to a conclusion that they are a scam when I did in TWO WEEKS with NO UK laws AT HAND? Wow you must be a REAL genius. Anyways, you keep wasting your time here and throwing UK laws around this forum. Until I get my money back and these scumbags get thrown into jail, all your spewing is shit after shit after shit in my books. Keep doing it mate and waste your own time. You wanna know what I think? It's not worth it. Just leave.

See the funny thing is, I called this a long time ago. And didn't give them any money. What's that, you gave them money? That's unfortunate.

Your understandable anger, doesn't justify your outlash at people who are trying to help folks who have been hurt. Your diarrhea of the mouth is no more helpful than folks who are bloating the thread with long quotes or funny quips.

In other words, you're no different than the person you're complaining about.

Actually, there is a difference--you're acting like a jockstrap teenager pounding their chest making claims of death and destruction, while the other person is actually benefitting the public.

So why don't you actually make good on your threats, and head over to the UK and take care of business--or kindly say nothing unless it's helpful to everyone?

Grin
Activity: 107

If you're in the UK, I would advise visiting. Nobody has done that recently, at least that is publicly known.

Yea im surprised, dat UK customers dont visit them oO (and telling their story here on forums)

I'm wondering whether perhaps they chose to refund UK customers knowing  that we are the ones which are more likely to turn up to their door and create havoc? If they kept us sweet, then they were highly unlikely to get any disgruntled offshore customers turn up due to costs and logistics.

Just a thought.

Was it a full refund?

It was as per their terms.

Any difference was an acceptable loss to my company.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Well hello there!
More good news:

Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Final Payment Date?

« Reply #12 on: Today at 05:29:39 PM »
Like Unlike Quote
Quote from: gsm on Today at 05:12:24 PM
In light of the latest update indicating a September shipping date, can we have confirmation of the final payment date - is this 6 weeks prior to the end of Sept 2014?

Technically the due date has passed and while we have been we are trying to give you as much time as possible the only way to secure your order is to pay now. If you have an issue paying please take it up with [email protected]
Couldn't agree with you more.  I just hope no other new fellas end up falling for their BS which is why I left negative feedback on alpha-t's profile yesterday evening.

If you are a customer of Alpha Tech, I would not give them any more money at all.  You should consider selling your miner on Ebay or you should consider that your deposit is lost or consider taking them to court.    By no means give them another cent, you will not make it back if they ship the miners, if they ship at all.  I think this is just another stall tactic to get more money.
Couldn't agree with you more which is why I left alpha-t profile some negative feedback last night in the hopes that no other new guys would fall for their BS.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
ahhahahah. Just got the update email. Sorry guys, all they have is a few renderings of a circuit board. Where are all the people who argued with me months ago that this was a legitimate company?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Reprinted under provisions of the Fair Use Act so that Alpha-T customers banned from their forums can read it:

( https://alpha-t.net/news/development-update-28072014/ )

Holy f**K!! I guess we were right. Technical issues and lack of funds. They have not even completed tapeout   Shocked

Alpha customers are royally screwed. KNC will ship way before them and instantly turn their miners into bricks.

My favorite part is the 10% of any future batch... as if they'll have a single repeat customer... or even be able to side-step bankruptcy.  Their product is worth little now... What will it be worth in 2 months. 
Activity: 7
More good news:

Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Final Payment Date?

« Reply #12 on: Today at 05:29:39 PM »
Like Unlike Quote
Quote from: gsm on Today at 05:12:24 PM
In light of the latest update indicating a September shipping date, can we have confirmation of the final payment date - is this 6 weeks prior to the end of Sept 2014?

Technically the due date has passed and while we have been we are trying to give you as much time as possible the only way to secure your order is to pay now. If you have an issue paying please take it up with [email protected]

If you are a customer of Alpha Tech, I would not give them any more money at all.  You should consider selling your miner on Ebay or you should consider that your deposit is lost or consider taking them to court.    By no means give them another cent, you will not make it back if they ship the miners, if they ship at all.  I think this is just another stall tactic to get more money.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Well hello there!
lmfao.  That post by Alpha essentially said:

"Yeah you guys where right.  We got nuthin"

"moving forward we've always done right by our customers"

and finally

"With regards to refunds...YOUR BURNT!!"

What a joke this company turned out to be.  Absolutely willing to hop on board a class-action at this point if one ever gets off the ground.  Absolutely ridiculous.  I can't believe they also included a bunch of additional worthless pictures for a chip that hasn't even taped out yet.  Serious BFL like behavior but at least BFL ultimately put out a few hundred heating bricks.  I doubt alpha will even get that far.
copper member
Activity: 658
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

Just a thought.

Was it a full refund?
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Reprinted under provisions of the Fair Use Act so that Alpha-T customers banned from their forums can read it:

( https://alpha-t.net/news/development-update-28072014/ )

Holy f**K!! I guess we were right. Technical issues and lack of funds. They have not even completed tapeout   Shocked

Alpha customers are royally screwed. KNC will ship way before them and instantly turn their miners into bricks.
Activity: 27
Fiaz just admited they were hiding bad news since a month. They have decided not to inform customers because it was irrelevant as they wouldn't get refunds anyway.

http://imgur.com/VB9tYXW

that's only partly true for customers who's orders were placed longer than 5 mounths ago , but for recent placed orders holding information back that u need to make a well thought decision can be classified as misleading people to believe its ok to stay with alpha while its  not.
regards

the same as bitcoin grows - noone sees any "delays in production so far and expect to start shipping well before the end of Q3"

im very curios if this Statements are worth a penny when the end of q3 comes

They've never been wrong on production updates, and when they were late they at least stated it. Keep in mind this isn't their first rodeo. This is their... 10th? I wouldn't worry about KNC as much as I would.. AlphaTech.
Activity: 84
Fiaz just admited they were hiding bad news since a month. They have decided not to inform customers because it was irrelevant as they wouldn't get refunds anyway.

http://imgur.com/VB9tYXW

Activity: 27
hi guys,
i'm marco 5109 as this is the same name i use on the alpha forum before my account get banned forever.
i join this forum to exchange information about the viper and alpha-t  but also to warn people who still believe in that project.
i start collecting post from Fiaz and after analyzing i posted 2 articles about what my findings were and that was 30 hours before they posted the most recent update.  first post i describe that alpha was going to postpone delivery ( buy them some time) and second i talked about a hunch i had about the status of the viper ( viper was tested but performance were bad and increasing hash rate by tweaking had some negative impact on heat;noise and or power consumption . and with no skilled pro to help them out in time)
both post are gone (deleted) from the forum.
i lost my money paid when i pre order 2 vipers that's a fact, i didn't made the final payment as i was waiting for a working prototype.
what i wish for now is to find as many people who are in this same situation and find a way to take alpha to court if possible.
pm me or send me an email at [email protected]
regards

Activity: 84
Hey Alpha... as you're reading this. Below part of your last update:

"we are fully funded and tape-out is mid-way now there can be no more delay. In parallel to the tape-out process we have already started our fabrication of the PCB’s and enclosures, which we will display in our next update."

So maybe you put the money where your mouth is and offer full refunds to all your customers in your T&C, if shipment won't start 30 Sep 2014 latest?

Just change this lame statement:
"Shipping
We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014."
Jump to: