Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 152. (Read 275927 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Latest update is that the acceptance testing is complete on the core code. The Linux wallet is built, Windows and mac wallets are ongoing. The new release will be available when these wallets are ready, or sooner if the MAC wallet needs extra attention. I know you have your scepticism with the delay of the new release but bear with us, we are working towards a crypto that has dedicated people wanting to produce a quality product (check the rich list now and before the pump). As for the future, this release is the foundation for that progression.

As for a timescale, I was told this weekend, but we all know meeting self imposed targets can be your nemesis. As much to say we are close.

Activity: 435
Merit: 250
"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"
Looks like Bitbean has been removed by Bittrex

No it hasn't everything is still running the exact same as it has the week before and the month before that with no changes.. not even an update Wink

To put some meat on the bones, this is first update to the wallet since the Bean was launched back
February 2015. The wallet is completing acceptance testing and multi-platform building.

BitBean-qt Wallet v1.1.0RC

*removal of zerocoin from code base
*removal of irc from code base
*DNS seeds added and DNS seeding now enabled (no more bitbean.conf or addnodes needed to sync)
*updated hard nodes (backup to DNS seeding)
*New GUI Theme (no more ugly boring basic grey)
*Completely new images and icons
*New animated syncing icon
*fixes to dialog windows and missing icons
*compile time error and warning fixes
*customization of source and preparation for inclusion of Bitcoin as a side chain
*New Network statistics overview
*Updated checkpoint
*New 5 BitB 'recommended' transaction fee
*New monetary units: SPROUT = 1,000 BitB NOKAT = .00000001 BitB
*New contact & support info added
*Improved network connectivity
*Updated font
*Numerous 'under the hood' and other updates

This will give the Bean an up-to-date foundation for further development and new features in the near future.

Why are you posting the updates and why haven't we heard anything from the dev himself?

Bean Core has nominated Gazzatron as our interim Community Manager, and he has accepted. So Gazzatron will be keeping everyone updated on BitBean progress so that I can focus full-time on core development.

Sincerely,
Shawn Kent
Lead Developer,
Bean Core, Team Bean, BitBean
www.bitbean.org
"Bitbean, Leading the Way for Mass Adoption of Crypto-Curriencies!"
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

No it hasn't everything is still running the exact same as it has the week before and the month before that with no changes.. not even an update Wink

To put some meat on the bones, this is first update to the wallet since the Bean was launched back
February 2015. The wallet is completing acceptance testing and multi-platform building.

*DNS seeds added and DNS seeding now enabled (no more bitbean.conf or addnodes needed to sync)
*customization of source and preparation for inclusion of Bitcoin as a side chain
*Updated checkpoint
*Updated font

This will give the Bean an up-to-date foundation for further development and new features in the near future.

Why are you posting the updates and why haven't we heard anything from the dev himself?
Activity: 630
Very nice good to see that finally.  I think that will restore a lot of trust here.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
can we also get more connections required to stake ... say 3-5 minimum ... it improves security.

*Updated checkpoint
*Updated font

Sourced some screenshots of the new wallet:

Looking good don't you think? Smiley

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Next step is hopefully another dump. As long as the devs don't change anything this coin will be fine. lol.

Devs should be in top 5 wallet holders on Rich list..don't you think?

If we're too efficient and released developments too soon..it would run the price of Bitbean up before we could afford to get in the top 5. So keep selling Bitbeans..we're getting close. I believe transparency and honesty are in order. Thank you.

Has anything happened in the last 6 months? Pease detail ! does the dev have the password for github?
Did they stall long enough so dev is a top 5 holder?
Hey DEV can you at least give us an updated time frame for the wallet release ?  It would be greatly appreciated .  Thank you.
Sorry you see it that way, as for being upset, far from it. If you are genuine why don't you join the beancore and add value that way. It would be more effective than grumbling in public. As for the poems, it's to lighten up this thread, not trying to pump the coin. The Dev has repeatedly posted that the wallet is close for release.
Activity: 115
If you don't believe then sell, I don't understand the negative posts. Nobody told you to buy this coin (if you ever did) so go harass elsewhere.

I'm not harassing. I am a holder and have stated that it can be a good investment as long as you understand the flakyness. I don't, however believe that silly poems pumping a wallet release are all that valuable as information to investors old or new. As an investor and a holder I have every right to push both Bitbeaner and the Bean Core to grow bitbean in a responsible, effective manner.

I believe in the potential of bitbean, but don't see any benefit to meaningless hype. I am not a huge fan of negative posts either, but when there are legitimate issues, people need that information.

You're upset because you're pushing for a wallet pump, more pump and dumps won't do anything to help this legitimate altcoin be taken any more seriously. It's just a wallet, man.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Stop with your stupid poems and deliver the wallet already... btw... how many BITB do you own big spender??
If you don't believe then sell, I don't understand the negative posts. Nobody told you to buy this coin (if you ever did) so go harass elsewhere.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Hang on to your Bitbeans, sell at your peril. The up and coming wallet and further developments will dispel the doubters.

I had a lot of bitbeans when it was single sats,
The sceptics said it was scam for prats,
The new wallet will dispel their fears,
And leave many sellers in tears.

New wallet will make for a nice pump but unless there is an actual purpose for bitbeans growth is limited and there'll be dumps. It stakes well and transactions are fast, but it needs to be spendable and I see little effort being put into that area. Volatility is good for those who know how to ride it, but solid growth based on adoption would indeed be nice.

Nice poem, I have one too

Bitbean can't be spent on things
to us much chagrin this brings
pos is such a tease
transactions fast and done with ease
but still no purpose has the bean
no cause, no identity no ultimate dream
just missed timelines
always behind
simple wallet releases
won't blow my mind

Priceless!!
Activity: 115
Hang on to your Bitbeans, sell at your peril. The up and coming wallet and further developments will dispel the doubters.

New wallet will make for a nice pump but unless there is an actual purpose for bitbeans growth is limited and there'll be dumps. It stakes well and transactions are fast, but it needs to be spendable and I see little effort being put into that area. Volatility is good for those who know how to ride it, but solid growth based on adoption would indeed be nice.

Nice poem, I have one too

Bitbean can't be spent on things
to us much chagrin this brings
pos is such a tease
transactions fast and done with ease
but still no purpose has the bean
no cause, no identity no ultimate dream
just missed timelines
always behind
simple wallet releases
won't blow my mind
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
i have created a small "BitBean faucet" to help promote the coin
it pays in BTC as my limited skills im still figuring out how to host my own hot/cold wallet for use of a BitBean PAYING faucet Tongue
but i hope it will help promote the coin a bit, ill fill it as i can, and i welcome any help with it Smiley
http://beangrab.xyz/

Activity: 658
So I am guessing this wallet isn't going to happen??

v1.1.0RC will be available very soon!

Sorry if this will disappoint you.

Disappointment came 3 months ago... I think now its more like don't give a shit and let's see if it actually happens is more like it?
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"
So I am guessing this wallet isn't going to happen??

v1.1.0RC will be available very soon!

Sorry if this will disappoint you.
Jump to: