Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 151. (Read 275927 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Any update on the New Wallet?? Many Many Weeks past due now...

I think you mean months. It was coming out in May I believe?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Any update on the New Wallet?? Many Many Weeks past due now...
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
I bought 2Mio BITB at 30sat and it maddens me but ...

The PoS Distribution Phase is over 95 years, so what?

I hold this, maybe 10-20 years and every day 3000-5000 BITB for me. It's ok Smiley

This strategy only makes sense if there are actually use cases for Bitbean.  If the only place to "spend"  Bitbean are exchanges and there is no real use for it you're going to head to a zero value because the coin has no use or purpose.

Find a game to tie it into,  look to fitting it into a remittance business.  You can be making a million bitbean a day staking for 10 years but there will need to be a reason for someone to buy them off you or you'll have a whole lot of nothing. Learn from all those Beanie Baby investors man and push the devs to find purpose and use.

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

I hold this, maybe 10-20 years and every day 3000-5000 BITB for me. It's ok Smiley

Uhhhh 10-20 years !! Who knows if Bitbean will be around or delisted from the 2 exchanges in 1 year ? Invest in real stocks on the stock market if your looking for a long haul investment lol not currencies that are valued thousands of times less than penny stocks.
Activity: 154
Had query on joining the BeanCore, it is on the website but I'll repeat it here:

A "Stake Holder" is defined as someone that has a significant investment in Bitbean (5 Million or more). Stake Holders are invited to have a key role in shaping the development, direction and market for Bitbeans. As part of Bitbean Core, Stake Holders will be eligible for their own @bitbean.org email account and be tied into our collaboration infrastructure. Much like a traditional board of directors, Stake Holders accepted into Bean Core, will have a voice in the management, and be able to take a leadership role in the Bitbean eco-system. The organization of this core development group ("Bean Core") will be based on consensus and an ownership model. Those with a bigger stake in Bitbean will have a bigger voice. Bean Core will maintain the privacy of its members and remain anonymous.
High Stakers, who own at least 5 Million Bitbeans, are invited to join Bitbean Core. To join, a holder must submit their bitbean address to verify their investment amount by email to: [email protected]
Upon receipt of their bitbean address, holders will be asked to donate (a minimum of 100,000 Bitbeans) a specific amount of Bitbeans to Team Bean to verify their ownership of that address. Upon verification, the High Staker will then be assigned an account within Bitbean Core.

Wow, even better. I was aware you had to be holding 5 mill Bitbean but not that there was a "mandatory donation", you might as well just call it a membership fee dude. So basically:

1) Buy 5 million Bitbeans despite the fact we're still waiting on things promised and "scheduled" 6 months ago with nothing but screenshots of what "is coming soon guys I swear"
2) Pay the mandatory fee of 100k Bitbeans to join the "BeanCore".
3) End up another angry bagholder posting on Cryptsy chat and other places

I actually do like the concept of the BeanCore, I just think that if the present BeanCore members are letting the coin slip so badly already they're probably not smart or motivated enough to make it do any better in the future. Because of the POS nature, those already in the BeanCore will always have a higher voice than those joining (unless someone has waaaay more currency to invest than brains), so I'll join BeanCore and then be endlessly frustrated that it makes no difference because the same "legacy BeanCore" people who have let the last 6 months happen are ultimately the most powerful "voters".

Am I wrong here? I'd love to be wrong here, but I do believe my logic is pretty sound. A good start to rectify concerns like these may be to disclose the current number of members of BeanCore and holdings of those members (pretty standard disclosure since you compare it to a "traditional board of directors).

agree with you silly paying that money for what we have seen here NOTHING
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Had query on joining the BeanCore, it is on the website but I'll repeat it here:

A "Stake Holder" is defined as someone that has a significant investment in Bitbean (5 Million or more). Stake Holders are invited to have a key role in shaping the development, direction and market for Bitbeans. As part of Bitbean Core, Stake Holders will be eligible for their own @bitbean.org email account and be tied into our collaboration infrastructure. Much like a traditional board of directors, Stake Holders accepted into Bean Core, will have a voice in the management, and be able to take a leadership role in the Bitbean eco-system. The organization of this core development group ("Bean Core") will be based on consensus and an ownership model. Those with a bigger stake in Bitbean will have a bigger voice. Bean Core will maintain the privacy of its members and remain anonymous.
High Stakers, who own at least 5 Million Bitbeans, are invited to join Bitbean Core. To join, a holder must submit their bitbean address to verify their investment amount by email to: [email protected]
Upon receipt of their bitbean address, holders will be asked to donate (a minimum of 100,000 Bitbeans) a specific amount of Bitbeans to Team Bean to verify their ownership of that address. Upon verification, the High Staker will then be assigned an account within Bitbean Core.

Wow, even better. I was aware you had to be holding 5 mill Bitbean but not that there was a "mandatory donation", you might as well just call it a membership fee dude. So basically:

1) Buy 5 million Bitbeans despite the fact we're still waiting on things promised and "scheduled" 6 months ago with nothing but screenshots of what "is coming soon guys I swear"
2) Pay the mandatory fee of 100k Bitbeans to join the "BeanCore".
3) End up another angry bagholder posting on Cryptsy chat and other places

I actually do like the concept of the BeanCore, I just think that if the present BeanCore members are letting the coin slip so badly already they're probably not smart or motivated enough to make it do any better in the future. Because of the POS nature, those already in the BeanCore will always have a higher voice than those joining (unless someone has waaaay more currency to invest than brains), so I'll join BeanCore and then be endlessly frustrated that it makes no difference because the same "legacy BeanCore" people who have let the last 6 months happen are ultimately the most powerful "voters".

Am I wrong here? I'd love to be wrong here, but I do believe my logic is pretty sound. A good start to rectify concerns like these may be to disclose the current number of members of BeanCore and holdings of those members (pretty standard disclosure since you compare it to a "traditional board of directors).

Activity: 91

Your right on that Cryptsy charges .001 for a btc withdrawal 10X the network fee lol. 
Activity: 396

Any worries about Bittrex de-listing the Bean, it will not happen. More exchanges can't be a bad thing, I've looked at Cryptopia and Bean meets their criteria for acceptance but the vote has a long way to go to get listed. We are on the two largest ones.

poloniex and BTC38 are actually the two largest ones for altcoins
those should be the ones to look at to get on to

for a list of exchanges based on volume last 24hrs

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

note
btc38 is a chinese site and we all know how much they love cutesy cartoon stuff
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Good to hear some new information about my Beans. Was getting very quiet in here.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
???

Any worries about Bittrex de-listing the Bean, it will not happen. More exchanges can't be a bad thing, I've looked at Cryptopia and Bean meets their criteria for acceptance but the vote has a long way to go to get listed. We are on the two largest ones.

There is always someone making volume manually or with bots to not delist coins
Activity: 91

legendary
Cryptsy is going down the crappers. They are gouging every person on withdrawl fees.. Many people are choosing not to use them any longer. Cryptopia will happen... Embrace it!!
I don't think another exchange is completely necessary.  We have Bittrex and Cryptsy.  Cryptopia has like no volume there is no point the spread will be massive. 
legendary
Because Cryptsy is having issues and many people don't want to use that exchange any longer because of the fee gauging. Cryptopia fee's are less than Cryptsy before the gouging... So it is a good move...
Activity: 658
Everyone needs to go to Cryptopia and Vote for BITB to be added!! Show your support as we need another exchange!!

Question why do we need another exchange right now if we can barely start on the ones we are on?
legendary
Everyone needs to go to Cryptopia and Vote for BITB to be added!! Show your support as we need another exchange!!
legendary
I don't see any coin control features added??
Sorry you see it that way, as for being upset, far from it. If you are genuine why don't you join the beancore and add value that way. It would be more effective than grumbling in public. As for the poems, it's to lighten up this thread, not trying to pump the coin. The Dev has repeatedly posted that the wallet is close for release.

Well for one it is a good sign that they have selected you as a community manager Gazzatron, hopefully you can fix the communication issues.

Thanks for inviting me to join Beancore, but I won't be investing that much until Bitbean shows some actual development. When I offered to put together a Bitbean Wiki article for free, something I would normally get paid quite well to do, I was told the BeanCore was already on the case, that was 6 months ago now so forgive me if I currently have the impression BeanCore is kind of weak on deliverables too.

The Dev posted that an Android wallet was close to release about 6 months ago, that's one of the issues, he's been so flaky and shady that saying something means nothing to your community anymore, what we are looking for are actions. Actions that matter are also pretty important.  

I understand trying to lighten up the thread, but happy little poems about things that do little to add actual value to the coin as a currency or method of exchange doesn't really help with the months of delays and broken promises. If you REALLY want to lighten up the thread, then just stick to providing news and timelines that you can meet, provide clear and concise reasons why those deadlines are not met (if they are missed) and provide some detail about how you plan to avoid similar delays the next time.

One last thing, what you call grumbling in public is far from it. It is simply making sure new investors are aware of the history of the coin and the broken promises and missed deadlines (as well as the shady statements from the Dev). Trying to sweep those legitimate issues under the rug because of a new wallet release is just another flaky move. You'll have to forgive me if I seem a bit negative, I was actually sitting pretty much in your position about 6 months ago, telling people Bitbean was looking like a good investment with a solid roadmap, but then the entire roadmap was missed and even new deadlines didn't work out. This "New Wallet" you're soooo happy about was also supposed to be released over a month ago (myself and another had conversations directly with Bitbeaner on IRC where he said "this weekend for sure"), and all we have are still screenshots.

So, when you say grumbling, I say holding the Dev, BeanCore and their new Community Manager accountable for their broken promises, and ensuring new investors are aware of the good AND bad aspects of Bitbean. Once you've gone for 3 months meeting deadlines and showing actual progress I'll happily change my tune, but I won't simply be quiet and let it be brushed aside until there is evidence those issues are over and done with and progress is being made on future developments.

Good Luck!

Jump to: