Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bither - simple&secure Bitcoin wallet.(iOS/Android 1.9.5) - page 5. (Read 66168 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
What is 'Reset HDM Server Authentication' for?

The hot wallet needs to store an encrypted token authenticated via BitID by the cold to the HDM server to ask the server to cosign.

'Reset HDM Server Authentication' will ask cold wallet to authenticate a new token, and revoke the old one.

Usually you don't need to manually use this function. This is only useful when you try to use your hot wallet to send transactions if you has tried the recovery of your HDM account and yet you still have your original hot wallet in your hand. The recovery will revoke the token on the original hot wallet. Therefore the hot wallet needs a reset of the authentication.
Activity: 661
Merit: 503
A simple and secure Bitcoin wallet!
Bither Desktop v1.3.5 released:
1. Better performance and lower memory usage; 2. Compressed private key supports for Vanity Addresses; 3. Mac version supports Retina display;
Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Not bad  Grin - still prefer Breadwallet but will continue watching it...
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
What is 'Reset HDM Server Authentication' for?
Bither iOS v1.3.5 released.

When using addresses other than HD account, we can still send changes in the old way.

I would like to see the same thing for HD account. Can we send the change back to the origin address in HD account? I don't want to create new address everytime I spend Bitcoin.

We're planning to do this in the next few versions. No ETA yet. It's a good advice to add a "+" button. Thank you for your advice.

Will be waiting...
>Bither v1.3.4 released.

Is the HDM Server down at the moment?  I've setup my Cold Wallet and linked it to my Hot Wallet across two devices (both iOS) but on the Hot Wallet device the HDM Server does not respond to any taps.  

In the Youtube video I found it shows this as a bright circle, on my phone it shows as dull.  Is this signifying it can't reach it or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
BK.

Is your hot HDM account already set up? In anther word, is the triangle completed? If your hot HDM account is already set up, the HDM server button should not respond to any taps. If not, please let us know. Thank you for your feedback.
We can still choose an address in our wallet to send change like we do now, right?

When using addresses other than HD account, we can still send changes in the old way.

Didn't get the plugin part. Anyway, ETA?

IMHO a "+" button for adding output addresses is better. See brainwallet.github.io/#tx or 'Blockchain.info custom send' pages.

We're planning to do this in the next few versions. No ETA yet. It's a good advice to add a "+" button. Thank you for your advice.
Bither Android v1.3.5 released.  Wink

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
I'm wondering if reprogramming some used FPGA miner to generate vanity addresses will be possible.
As long as they didn't lock out programming on the FPGA, sure.  That applies to any FPGA product, though - and at this point unless you're getting a sweet deal on an old FPGA miner, you'd be better off getting a dev kit from one of the big FPGA companies or their partners.

Before couldn't use my gpus to mine addresses with due to my cards using this software I am able to generate with GPU but slow. Still least I can now generate than before I couldn't.

I strongly suspect that's down to the command line used, then - the vanitygen binaries in the bither package (Windows anyway) are stock Vanitygen 0.22.  Might want to try figuring out what command line it uses, then feed that manually to vanitygen and try changing parameters around from there.
Activity: 2
>Bither v1.3.4 released.

Is the HDM Server down at the moment?  I've setup my Cold Wallet and linked it to my Hot Wallet across two devices (both iOS) but on the Hot Wallet device the HDM Server does not respond to any taps.  

In the Youtube video I found it shows this as a bright circle, on my phone it shows as dull.  Is this signifying it can't reach it or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
BK.
HD account will use a new address every time you want to receive a payment or send a transaction with change.

We can still choose an address in our wallet to send change like we do now, right?

We are considering maybe supporting multiple outputs transaction in some kind of a plugin.

Didn't get the plugin part. Anyway, ETA?

IMHO a "+" button for adding output addresses is better. See brainwallet.github.io/#tx or 'Blockchain.info custom send' pages.
In this software for making custom bitcoin addresses are their any areas to doctor settings to improve speeds for using gpu and over clocking etc than basic default setting.?

Currently Bither just uses Vanitygen to generate vanity addresses. GPU acceleration is supported. But over clocking is not a thing on the software side, it may be done by the user using some other system utils.

We are planning to keep improving the Vanitygen project. In the future versions of Bither, there may be more optimization.

Thanks for the updates. Look forward to the updates and improvements in the future. Before couldn't use my gpus to mine addresses with due to my cards using this software I am able to generate with GPU but slow. Still least I can now generate than before I couldn't. Looking forward to future updates.

Thank you for your supporting Bither.
What do you mean by "rotate" and when will Bither support signing transaction with more than one output?

HD account will use a new address every time you want to receive a payment or send a transaction with change.

We are considering maybe supporting multiple outputs transaction in some kind of a plugin.
It won't help too. We can use ASIC and/or FPGA if someone finds a software to convert this power which I wonder "how" and "when". If they found it, uses of ASIC and/or FPGA will increase in a great way.

An FPGA miner wouldn't help - but yes, programming an FGPA with the necessary functions would.. but it would mostly help in energy efficiency.  Any modern GPU blows reasonably-priced FPGAs out of the water in terms of performance.

I'm wondering if reprogramming some used FPGA miner to generate vanity addresses will be possible.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
In this software for making custom bitcoin addresses are their any areas to doctor settings to improve speeds for using gpu and over clocking etc than basic default setting.?

Currently Bither just uses Vanitygen to generate vanity addresses. GPU acceleration is supported. But over clocking is not a thing on the software side, it may be done by the user using some other system utils.

We are planning to keep improving the Vanitygen project. In the future versions of Bither, there may be more optimization.

Thanks for the updates. Look forward to the updates and improvements in the future. Before couldn't use my gpus to mine addresses with due to my cards using this software I am able to generate with GPU but slow. Still least I can now generate than before I couldn't. Looking forward to future updates.
What do you mean by "rotate" and when will Bither support signing transaction with more than one output?
Bither v1.3.4 released.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Maybe some FPGA miner can help us accelerate the calculation.
An FPGA miner wouldn't help - but yes, programming an FGPA with the necessary functions would.. but it would mostly help in energy efficiency.  Any modern GPU blows reasonably-priced FPGAs out of the water in terms of performance.
Are the calculations vanitygen has to perform of the same kind as bitcoin mining? Could somehow a hardware miner be used to accelerate those calculations?

They are, for the most part, very different.

Miners (partially) calculate a double SHA-256 hash of some input.

Vanitygen is based around a bunch of much slower elliptic curve based math (plus also requiring an SHA-256 calculation, which takes relative little time).

Mining ASICs would unfortunately not be useful.

Maybe some FPGA miner can help us accelerate the calculation.

It won't help too. We can use ASIC and/or FPGA if someone finds a software to convert this power which I wonder "how" and "when". If they found it, uses of ASIC and/or FPGA will increase in a great way.
Pages:
Jump to: