Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bither - simple&secure Bitcoin wallet.(iOS/Android 1.9.5) - page 6. (Read 66168 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Are the calculations vanitygen has to perform of the same kind as bitcoin mining? Could somehow a hardware miner be used to accelerate those calculations?

They are, for the most part, very different.

Miners (partially) calculate a double SHA-256 hash of some input.

Vanitygen is based around a bunch of much slower elliptic curve based math (plus also requiring an SHA-256 calculation, which takes relative little time).

Mining ASICs would unfortunately not be useful.

Maybe some FPGA miner can help us accelerate the calculation.
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
Are the calculations vanitygen has to perform of the same kind as bitcoin mining? Could somehow a hardware miner be used to accelerate those calculations?

They are, for the most part, very different.

Miners (partially) calculate a double SHA-256 hash of some input.

Vanitygen is based around a bunch of much slower elliptic curve based math (plus also requiring an SHA-256 calculation, which takes relative little time).

Mining ASICs would unfortunately not be useful.
Activity: 9
In this software for making custom bitcoin addresses are their any areas to doctor settings to improve speeds for using gpu and over clocking etc than basic default setting.?

Currently Bither just uses Vanitygen to generate vanity addresses. GPU acceleration is supported. But over clocking is not a thing on the software side, it may be done by the user using some other system utils.

We are planning to keep improving the Vanitygen project. In the future versions of Bither, there may be more optimization.
Trying to generate the vanity address on MacBookPro9,2 fails when trying to use integrated Intel HD 4000 GPU. Works fine with CPU, it's just very slow when it comes to more than four character long addresses Smiley

I'm one of Bither's developers. I can't generate vanity address with the integrated GPU on my Macbook either. After some digging, it turns out that there are some bugs in Apple's OpenCL driver. Unless Apple fixes this problem, we won't be able to use our integrated GPU for OpenCL computation. We'll continue digging into this. Thank you for trying our wallet.
Activity: 661
Merit: 503
A simple and secure Bitcoin wallet!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
In this software for making custom bitcoin addresses are their any areas to doctor settings to improve speeds for using gpu and over clocking etc than basic default setting.?
Activity: 27
Trying to generate the vanity address on MacBookPro9,2 fails when trying to use integrated Intel HD 4000 GPU. Works fine with CPU, it's just very slow when it comes to more than four character long addresses Smiley
Bither iOS v1.3.2 now supports Apple Watch  Cheesy

HDM mobile and HDM computer are compitable. You can use a mobile phone as HDM Cold and a computer as HDM Hot, or phone as HDM Hot and computer as HDM Cold. All communication happens via QR Codes.

Thank you! Smiley

Bither Desktop v1.3.2 released with vanitygen  Grin

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/TP9rjvW.jpg[/img]

GUI vanitygen + wallet is awesome! Will give it a try soon and will give a feedback. Smiley

Thanks, MZ.

We will continue working on vanitygen. Cheesy
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
HDM mobile and HDM computer are compitable. You can use a mobile phone as HDM Cold and a computer as HDM Hot, or phone as HDM Hot and computer as HDM Cold. All communication happens via QR Codes.

Thank you! Smiley

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/TP9rjvW.jpg[/img]

GUI vanitygen + wallet is awesome! Will give it a try soon and will give a feedback. Smiley

Activity: 16
Bither Desktop v1.3.1 released, and now you can use HDM on your computer Cheesy

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/B2F86G3.png[/img]

HDM mobile + HDM computer? Can it be done? Can you work it out please? Thank you!

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/B2F86G3.png[/img]

HDM mobile + HDM computer? Can it be done? Can you work it out please? Thank you!

Can you please add more details for TX? That is, when clicking a TX, it will show inputs, outputs, change, TXID etc... If you can set mods(normal+expert), it will be good for us to change the mod to get the details according to our need. Thank you!

Good advice. We will add these in the future release ASAP.
Thanks Cheesy
Can you please add more details for TX? That is, when clicking a TX, it will show inputs, outputs, change, TXID etc... If you can set mods(normal+expert), it will be good for us to change the mod to get the details according to our need. Thank you!
Bither Android v1.3.2 released.  Cheesy

1. HDM Singular Mode.

2. Address Tag.

3. Password with Symbols.

1. Using the same Cold HDM for multiple HDM setups is not allowed, causing the error.
         - There should be an error message explaining that this is not allowed.

Yeah, you are right. We should make this error message clearer.

The iOS xRandom process is insanely short.

On Android It takes about a minute (could be my Android is slow) to grab all the entropy...

iOS takes less than a second. The animation of xRandom opens, then shows the camera and transparent icons, then closes almost immediately. I am worried my Hot HDM is weak.

My specs:

iPhone 5
iOS 8.1.3

I gave all permissions to Bither when it asked for them. (right before running xRandom first time)

I've run some tests upon this and checked the code. It comes out that the BIP39 calculation speed is what differs between iOS & Android. My iPhone5s does this nearly 10 times faster than my middle end Android phone. You have no need to worry about your entropy.

Thank you for using Bither and giving advices.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Our second Bither article has just been published, and can be found here.

I have to say, the HDM set up went really smooth and didn't even take 10 minutes to complete. Good job Smiley

Dear jdebunt,

Special thanks to you and Crypto Articles.
Currently we are working hard on HDM's iOS and desktop versions (all these versions will be released in next week). There are many improvements we can do to make HDM much easier and have better UX for normal people, and we will try our best.

Thanks again. Cheesy

Hello Bither team, we just posted a new bitcoin wallet listing for Bither, here: http://bitcoinx.io/wallets/bither

Please review it and let us know if you have any questions/corrections.

Thanks, BitcoinX.
Pages:
Jump to: