Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bither - simple&secure Bitcoin wallet.(iOS/Android 1.9.5) - page 9. (Read 66168 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
I didn't quite understand what is XRANDOM? Is there a guide? With the new update more types of private keys are supported. Cheesy
  • Can the private keys be imported offline now?
  • Is the license related issues fixed?
  • Why is it only supporting 10 addresses/wallet? If you can't change that option(10 addresses/wallet), atleast make an option to delete addresses or archive it.
  • Please provide value of BTC for all currencies
  • Please implement an option to sign transaction from a paper wallet and to push it, after that all details will be deleted. You can check Mycelium github repo for source code.
  • Does watch only supports addresses other than the addresses in Bither cold?

Thanks! Smiley

~~MZ~~
Activity: 661
Merit: 503
A simple and secure Bitcoin wallet!
Bither iOS v1.1.0 released on App Store.

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
You haven't replied on this, yet? Huh

I think a new problem has been arisen. So have you done that? Did you forgot about the license agreement? Huh OR is voisine wrong? Huh

What do you mean by "Bither is a server trusting wallet"? Huh Please check carefully and please don't spread false news! Roll Eyes Smiley

You are correct. My apologies. I mistook the code that connects to the bither server api for the code that handles transaction and balance data. The bitheri library appears to have copied large portions from the breadwallet source, and is in violation of the MIT copyright license I published it under. Sad I've submitted a github issue requesting they retain my copyright notice in compliance with the terms of the MIT license.

~~MZ~~

Sorry for the late reply. It is holiday in China from Oct.1st to Oct.7th. Other members of our team are still on vacation now. I came back earlier, so I saw your PR and merged it.

In the past, we were working hard on improving our solution. We just used script to add license infomation automatically, and we had planned to add these after we released the stable version.

We will maintain all related copyright notices in the future ASAP.
You haven't replied on this, yet? Huh

I think a new problem has been arisen. So have you done that? Did you forgot about the license agreement? Huh OR is voisine wrong? Huh

What do you mean by "Bither is a server trusting wallet"? Huh Please check carefully and please don't spread false news! Roll Eyes Smiley

You are correct. My apologies. I mistook the code that connects to the bither server api for the code that handles transaction and balance data. The bitheri library appears to have copied large portions from the breadwallet source, and is in violation of the MIT copyright license I published it under. Sad I've submitted a github issue requesting they retain my copyright notice in compliance with the terms of the MIT license.

~~MZ~~
I especially like the cold wallet feature.

Good job! Smiley

Thanks for your support,  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

Good job! Smiley

Thats just laziness. Wink
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Good job! Smiley

Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~
Good going! Are you using any other servers for transaction? Like Blockchain.info API?

Bither has a nice looking ui, and their android version looks like it's using bitcoinj, so it's a real bitcoin client using SPV, however I checked the code and the iOS version is a "server trusting wallet". It trusts a server for your balance and transactions so if the server gets hacked or goes down, you loose access to you money.

Good going! When will the next update for iOS coming? Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~

Bither is a decentralized SPV mobile wallet based on Bitcoin P2P network, and we do not use blockchain.info API.
Bither iOS are just like Android version, are implemented with our own developped Objective-C library Bitheri, and it is decentralized too.
The server is only used for Exchanges' rate and k-line, and also history trxs when monitoring. So if the server goes down, you can still use your money or check balance, and receiving new transaction.

Bither iOS v1.1.0 will come soon after a week, maybe plus another week for Apple's reviewing time.

Thanks for your support.
Cheesy
Good going! Are you using any other servers for transaction? Like Blockchain.info API?

Bither has a nice looking ui, and their android version looks like it's using bitcoinj, so it's a real bitcoin client using SPV, however I checked the code and the iOS version is a "server trusting wallet". It trusts a server for your balance and transactions so if the server gets hacked or goes down, you loose access to you money.

Good going! When will the next update for iOS coming? Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~
Bither Android v1.1.0 released.

1. XRANDOM.

2. More Exchanges (Bitfinex & 796).

3. Support BIP38 and uncompressed private keys.
Currently we are working on supporting the uncompressed private keys, we will release the v1.1.0 with this feature ASAP.

Also we will add address book in the future.

Thanks for your advice  Cheesy

Thanks! AND, why doesn't it import private keys while the phone is offline? Can you fix that too? Smiley I will try to keep my feedback up-to date. Grin

~~MZ~~

When importing private key, Bither hot wallet need to sync the old transactions of this address, so it need to be online.
Currently we are working hard on Bither v1.1.0. After we finish releasing the new version, we will try to improve this.

Thanks for your advice Smiley

I understand that. But what I meant is, just import the private key even when the phone is offline and the sync when it is connected. There comes situations to import private key when the phone is offline. It would be helpful if a 'successful' message or something like that shows if the import was successful. How many mBTC is spent when default transaction fee is set to 'high' and 'low'? It would be better to show the amount below the words(high & low) in settings. Roll Eyes How about making an option to sign and verify messages? It would be great! Roll Eyes A QR-code for the signature would be good too. You can make that a bit more good by making a short line above the signature on top-left saying something like : QR-code 'right arrow', i.e., when the user slides the signature to left, the QR-code appears from right side.

M O R E   F E A T U R E S    C O M I N G   S O O N !!! Wink

~~MZ~~

Thanks for your advices, and those ideas will help us a lot.
We will improve these in the future version.

Thanks again,  Cheesy
Best Regards!

Wen Hao
Bither Team
Bither team announced XRANDOM, gives you the true random Bitcoin private keys  Cheesy

Currently we are working on supporting the uncompressed private keys, we will release the v1.1.0 with this feature ASAP.

Thanks for your advice  Cheesy

Thanks! AND, why doesn't it import private keys while the phone is offline? Can you fix that too? Smiley I will try to keep my feedback up-to date. Grin

~~MZ~~

When importing private key, Bither hot wallet need to sync the old transactions of this address, so it need to be online.
Currently we are working hard on Bither v1.1.0. After we finish releasing the new version, we will try to improve this.

I understand that. But what I meant is, just import the private key even when the phone is offline and the sync when it is connected. There comes situations to import private key when the phone is offline. It would be helpful if a 'successful' message or something like that shows if the import was successful. How many mBTC is spent when default transaction fee is set to 'high' and 'low'? It would be better to show the amount below the words(high & low) in settings. Roll Eyes How about making an option to sign and verify messages? It would be great! Roll Eyes A QR-code for the signature would be good too. You can make that a bit more good by making a short line above the signature on top-left saying something like : QR-code 'right arrow', i.e., when the user slides the signature to left, the QR-code appears from right side.

M O R E   F E A T U R E S    C O M I N G   S O O N !!! Wink

~~MZ~~

Thanks for your advice  Cheesy

~~MZ~~

~~MZ~~
Only compress private keys are supported? Can you make the wallet support other formats too? Huh

P.S. There is no address book. Can you implement that too? Thanks! Smiley

~~MZ~~

Only compress private keys are supported? Can you make the wallet support other formats too? Huh

P.S. There is no address book. Can you implement that too? Thanks! Smiley

~~MZ~~
Pages:
Jump to: