Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bither - simple&secure Bitcoin wallet.(iOS/Android 1.9.5) - page 7. (Read 66168 times)

Activity: 475
Merit: 252
Another "problem"?

The iOS xRandom process is insanely short.

On Android It takes about a minute (could be my Android is slow) to grab all the entropy...

iOS takes less than a second. The animation of xRandom opens, then shows the camera and transparent icons, then closes almost immediately. I am worried my Hot HDM is weak.

My specs:

iPhone 5
iOS 8.1.3

I gave all permissions to Bither when it asked for them. (right before running xRandom first time)
I tried setting up my iOS HDM with a Cold HDM on Android and it tells me the signed Server QR is incorrect even though I input the correct password on my Android and it gives me the signed challenge QR fine.

My Cold HDM Android is already registered as HDM Cold with another Hot Android HDM.

I am thinking my problem is either:
1. Using the same Cold HDM for multiple HDM setups is not allowed, causing the error.
         - There should be an error message explaining that this is not allowed.
or
2. iOS and Android HDM wallets are not compatible with each other.
         - I think they should be compatible, as many people might have an old Android but not an old iOS >7.0 device.

Edit: The problem was #1. If I wiped my Cold Bither and reset the Cold to a new Cold HDM, the pairing worked.
Activity: 661
Merit: 503
A simple and secure Bitcoin wallet!
Bither iOS v1.3.1 released with HDM.

Our second Bither article has just been published, and can be found here.

I have to say, the HDM set up went really smooth and didn't even take 10 minutes to complete. Good job Smiley

Dear jdebunt,

Special thanks to you and Crypto Articles.
Currently we are working hard on HDM's iOS and desktop versions (all these versions will be released in next week). There are many improvements we can do to make HDM much easier and have better UX for normal people, and we will try our best.

Thanks again. Cheesy
Dear dabura667,

Thanks for your suggestions.  Cheesy
All your advices are really helpful to us, and we may provide more advanced HDM options (accounts, change addresses...) in future release.
We may improve the UX on spending unconfirmed txs in the future. Also about the TX fee option, you may find this related setting "Default Transaction Fee", and "Normal" means counted by 100 bits, "Low" means counted by 10 bits.

Thanks again  Wink

Best Regards,

Wen Hao
Bither Team

Thanks for the "Low" fee setting. I will keep it in mind when you guys get multisig running on iPhone.

One more suggestion: Allow for an "independent cold HD" option.

So your cold device can serve 2 purposes:
1. backup key and bitID key for HDM
2. cold key for HD derived single use addresses (start with 1)

Of course, you will want the derivation paths for 1 and 2 to be different. (m/.../x/... for one and m/.../y/... for the other, for example)
But since you will be keeping it cold anyways, you might as well use it for cold storage address generation (with easy backup!) AND backup key for HDM.

I think Bither can be a good wallet for users of all skill levels, however, I think maybe a few things could be smoothed out or hidden from user by default to create more smooth user interface for beginners.

Maybe default it into a "simple mode" similar to breadwallet with just a QR to receive and a button to read clipboard or start QR scanner... then add option to revert to old GUI with all options all over everything.

Anywho, just spouting out ideas.

Can't wait for iPhone. Thanks guys!

Thanks for all your advices.
Currently Bither v1.3.1 's HDM is our first HDM implementation, and there are so many things we can do and we should do to improve it. Your suggestions are very helpful to us.

Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Our second Bither article has just been published, and can be found here.

I have to say, the HDM set up went really smooth and didn't even take 10 minutes to complete. Good job Smiley
Dear dabura667,

All your advices are really helpful to us, and we may provide more advanced HDM options (accounts, change addresses...) in future release.
We may improve the UX on spending unconfirmed txs in the future. Also about the TX fee option, you may find this related setting "Default Transaction Fee", and "Normal" means counted by 100 bits, "Low" means counted by 10 bits.

Thanks again  Wink

Best Regards,

Wen Hao
Bither Team

Thanks for the "Low" fee setting. I will keep it in mind when you guys get multisig running on iPhone.

One more suggestion: Allow for an "independent cold HD" option.

So your cold device can serve 2 purposes:
1. backup key and bitID key for HDM
2. cold key for HD derived single use addresses (start with 1)

Of course, you will want the derivation paths for 1 and 2 to be different. (m/.../x/... for one and m/.../y/... for the other, for example)
But since you will be keeping it cold anyways, you might as well use it for cold storage address generation (with easy backup!) AND backup key for HDM.

I think Bither can be a good wallet for users of all skill levels, however, I think maybe a few things could be smoothed out or hidden from user by default to create more smooth user interface for beginners.

Maybe default it into a "simple mode" similar to breadwallet with just a QR to receive and a button to read clipboard or start QR scanner... then add option to revert to old GUI with all options all over everything.

Anywho, just spouting out ideas.

Can't wait for iPhone. Thanks guys!
Bither Android v1.3.1 released with full HDM implemenation.

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/e8QJGJ0.jpg[/img]

Great thing! Waiting for an iOS app now. As this became better, I hope soon I can see an option for custom fee. Smiley

~~MZ~~

Thanks MZ,

We will release iOS v1.3.1 in this week, and you should wait a little bit longer (another week or more) for the Apple's review.
Cheesy
Dear dabura667,

Thanks again  Wink

Best Regards,

Wen Hao
Bither Team

I like the multisig option, but the app could use a good re-vamping UI-wise.

Suggestions:

1. Allow for separate "accounts" within the same HDM trios. (This could be handled the same way you can now "add keys" to your HDM Hot.
   - This would allow for someone with 2 devices can separate different wallets for different occasions.
2. Once you have received a transaction to the address in your account, change the address to the 2nd index address. (automated address rotation) Also automatically rotate change addresses.
   - You can add a cog button to the account management screen (Currently: key management screen) to show all the hidden addresses of the account.
3. Allow for an option in both Cold and Hot HDM mode to type in a BIP39 phrase of their own.

Also,

- Allow for spending unconfirmed.
- Allow for setting your own fee as an advanced option. (or at least letting the user lower it down to 10 bits)

Great to see HD and Multisig married like this. UX needs work, but very very nice job!
I like the multisig option, but the app could use a good re-vamping UI-wise.

Suggestions:

1. Allow for separate "accounts" within the same HDM trios. (This could be handled the same way you can now "add keys" to your HDM Hot.
   - This would allow for someone with 2 devices can separate different wallets for different occasions.
2. Once you have received a transaction to the address in your account, change the address to the 2nd index address. (automated address rotation) Also automatically rotate change addresses.
   - You can add a cog button to the account management screen (Currently: key management screen) to show all the hidden addresses of the account.
3. Allow for an option in both Cold and Hot HDM mode to type in a BIP39 phrase of their own.

Also,

- Allow for spending unconfirmed.
- Allow for setting your own fee as an advanced option. (or at least letting the user lower it down to 10 bits)

Great to see HD and Multisig married like this. UX needs work, but very very nice job!
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/e8QJGJ0.jpg[/img]

Great thing! Waiting for an iOS app now. As this became better, I hope soon I can see an option for custom fee. Smiley

~~MZ~~

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

1. "Easy to backup (only need HDM Cold seed)" does this mean the Server key and the Hot key are derived from the cold key? (as if it wasn't, I would assume you'd also need the xpub from the server key and the xprv from the hot key to generate the addresses and sign for 2 of them.)

Each HDM seed is generated separately on its own device. Server key and the Hot key are NOT derived from the Cold key. The Cold key is used for HDM Server's BitID access control. In this way, if you lose your hot phone, you can use your cold phone and server to recover bitcoins, and if Bither server is down, you can use your hot and cold phone to recover bitcoins. Generally, you only need to backup the cold seed.

2. Will the user be able to scan / input their own xprv/BIP39 phrases as their key(s)? (In case I want to generate my own entropy) How would that process work?

Currently we do not support importing seeds, because importing will make the HDM account generating process too complicated, we haven't found an elegant way to do this. We only support recover cold seed from backup at this point.
2 Questions about HDM:

1. "Easy to backup (only need HDM Cold seed)" does this mean the Server key and the Hot key are derived from the cold key? (as if it wasn't, I would assume you'd also need the xpub from the server key and the xprv from the hot key to generate the addresses and sign for 2 of them.)

2. Will the user be able to scan / input their own xprv/BIP39 phrases as their key(s)? (In case I want to generate my own entropy) How would that process work?
The HDM announcement was well worth an article, which you can find here :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/hierarchical-deterministic-multisig-the-next-evolutionary-step-for-bitcoin-wallets

(actual review of the current client will be posted during the week and before the update is released.)

Special thanks to cryptoarticles, Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
The HDM announcement was well worth an article, which you can find here :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/hierarchical-deterministic-multisig-the-next-evolutionary-step-for-bitcoin-wallets

(actual review of the current client will be posted during the week and before the update is released.)
Bither announce HDM, and will support HDM in v1.3.1 in the following week  Cheesy

We will try to redesign our website in the future asap.
 Grin

Okay! Grin

I like the UI, it is simple and user-friendly. When importing private key, it is taking a lot of time for syncing but if I close and re-open, it finishes in a few seconds. So I think it is a bug. More than 1 Bither can be open at the same time.To resolve this, you may want to add a simple code that search whether Bither is open or not. Value of the TX fee types - normal and low isn't shown and also no option for custom fees. No 'pay-to-many' option. The current release is very simple and very good for basic usage. I believe this would become better soon. Smiley

P.S. Is there any way to make a watch-only wallet in desktop for an iOS/Android wallet?

~~MZ~~

Thanks for your advices, and we will improve these in future release. Cheesy

We may consider improving watch-only options for simplicity usage.

Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
 Grin

Okay! Grin

I like the UI, it is simple and user-friendly. When importing private key, it is taking a lot of time for syncing but if I close and re-open, it finishes in a few seconds. So I think it is a bug. More than 1 Bither can be open at the same time.To resolve this, you may want to add a simple code that search whether Bither is open or not. Value of the TX fee types - normal and low isn't shown and also no option for custom fees. No 'pay-to-many' option. The current release is very simple and very good for basic usage. I believe this would become better soon. Smiley

P.S. Is there any way to make a watch-only wallet in desktop for an iOS/Android wallet?

~~MZ~~
Windows 32 bits just added,  Wink

You were fast! +1 . Try to add pics of the desktop wallet, now only pics of mobile wallet is there. Smiley Stay tuned for my feedback! Wink

~~MZ~~

Grin
Pages:
Jump to: