Author

Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark= - page 104. (Read 826716 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
I really think if these markets are to be functional they need to use btc, at least at first.
I understand your points, but in order to accept other currencies/blockchains we would need atomic cross-chain transactions.  I know there are a few people looking into that but as far as I know there are no POC's out yet let alone a proven solution.  For instance, how would we enforce a BTC 3 party multi-sig from within Crave.  Actually, I do know one way that we could do it, but it would require that users run a full BTC node in addition to the Crave wallet and it is relatively complex to build.  The fact that it is challenging doesn't mean a flat "no", but maybe it is something to put on the roadmap to look into after the market release with the understanding that it could be weeks or months of R&D work to build and test the solution.

What about building a API for cravedigger and implementing it into urge allowing people to easily convert their BTC > CRAVE?
or even better integrated CRAVE > BTC exchange /cravedigger script/ so they can easily be converted to be used in those markets.

That could work has anyone ever used cravedigger yet though?
i think yes, someone confirmed to successfully converted small amount of btc to crave very fast thru that script.
Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
I really think if these markets are to be functional they need to use btc, at least at first.
I understand your points, but in order to accept other currencies/blockchains we would need atomic cross-chain transactions.  I know there are a few people looking into that but as far as I know there are no POC's out yet let alone a proven solution.  For instance, how would we enforce a BTC 3 party multi-sig from within Crave.  Actually, I do know one way that we could do it, but it would require that users run a full BTC node in addition to the Crave wallet and it is relatively complex to build.  The fact that it is challenging doesn't mean a flat "no", but maybe it is something to put on the roadmap to look into after the market release with the understanding that it could be weeks or months of R&D work to build and test the solution.

What about building a API for cravedigger and implementing it into urge allowing people to easily convert their BTC > CRAVE?
or even better integrated CRAVE > BTC exchange /cravedigger script/ so they can easily be converted to be used in those markets.

That could work has anyone ever used cravedigger yet though?

Edit: I understand what you're getting at though lol
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I could be wrong, but the possibility to exchange crave for btc may already exist in darkpoold. I will have to look into it further but it has been mentioned in counterparts threads, now, whether it is still possible or even was is a different matter but one I will look into.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
thanks for brief answer, imo it would be waste of time building atomic cross-chain transactions architecture at this point of time. maybe Long term yes. After Urge markets are dropped i am sure ppl will build their business around it. ALT price volatility didn't stop people using drk before, ppl do adopt you know.

Very, very few people use DRK for these types of markets, for the exact reasons I outlined. I don't use these types of markets myself but I do follow them closely as I find them interesting.
i personally didn't follow darkmarkets that closely i only saw they have drk as payment option. anyway icm has his own concept with Urge markets so it will be interesting to see how it will work out. to have btc as another payment option would sure be beneficial. maybe some community members will came up with some fresh ideas (expl. cravedigger)

None of the major darkmarkets or vendors use drk, they use btc. I agree that crave will be different and that is why it is exciting and theres a lot of potential (I edited the post you quoted to reflect that, but was too slow).
legendary

good idea. integrated BTC >CRAVE exchange in market /cravedigger script/ so they can easily be converted to be used in those markets.

edited: didn't make sense what i wrote lol
legendary
thanks for brief answer, imo it would be waste of time building atomic cross-chain transactions architecture at this point of time. maybe Long term yes. After Urge markets are dropped i am sure ppl will build their business around it. ALT price volatility didn't stop people using drk before, ppl do adopt you know.

Very, very few people use DRK for these types of markets, for the exact reasons I outlined. I don't use these types of markets myself but I do follow them closely as I find them interesting.
i personally didn't follow darkmarkets that closely i only saw they have drk as payment option. anyway icm has his own concept with Urge markets so it will be interesting to see how it will work out. to have btc as another payment option would sure be beneficial. maybe some community members will came up with some fresh ideas (expl. cravedigger)

Very, very few people use DRK for these types of markets, for the exact reasons I outlined. I don't use these types of markets myself but I do follow them closely as I find them interesting. Go to r/darknetmarkets and make a post about using an alt, everybody will laugh and scoff at you. Now, Crave will be different since it is providing its own infrastructure to build markets devoted and dependent on itself, so we will just have to wait and see if people are open to the idea and jump on board.

The hard part is getting vendors on board, if you can do that customers will follow.

Thank you for the quick, satisfactory reply. Much appreciated!
legendary
I understand your points, but in order to accept other currencies/blockchains we would need atomic cross-chain transactions.  I know there are a few people looking into that but as far as I know there are no POC's out yet let alone a proven solution.  For instance, how would we enforce a BTC 3 party multi-sig from within Crave.  Actually, I do know one way that we could do it, but it would require that users run a full BTC node in addition to the Crave wallet and it is relatively complex to build.  The fact that it is challenging doesn't mean a flat "no", but maybe it is something to put on the roadmap to look into after the market release with the understanding that it could be weeks or months of R&D work to build and test the solution.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

keep up the work icm Smiley all supporters are still holding and still happy at what you can do
legendary
I've been away for a while (since the big pump Smiley) so please excuse my ignorance. I see a lot of progress is being made and the market looks oversold and so I'm on the sidelines again, but I have a question before jumping back in: Are the crave markets going to use crave or btc as the currency for purchasing stuff? Or both? Sorry if this is already answered somewhere obvious.

Could somebody answer this plz? I just want to know if btc or crave will be used as the currency on the markets. Thanks.
The Urge markets use Crave.  Smiley

Perfect Smiley, that's exactly what do I wanted to hear, the market will create an insane buying demand to crave. Cool

Please consider the points in my full msg, I left it out.

I've been away for a while (since the big pump Smiley) so please excuse my ignorance. I see a lot of progress is being made and the market looks oversold and so I'm on the sidelines again, but I have a question before jumping back in: Are the crave markets going to use crave or btc as the currency for purchasing stuff? Or both? Sorry if this is already answered somewhere obvious.

I am asking because, lets be real, nobody is going to use an altcoin on illicit markets.. They very well might use the markets themselves, but they will not use an altcoin for the transactions. For many reasons...

1) Decreased anonymity. Sure, this coin is more "anonymous" than bitcoin, but nothing is absolutely anonymous and since there are so few people who use it, it is actually waaaaaaay easier to keep track of everybody involved.

2) Volatility. Vendors and even customers cannot and will not tolerate the extreme volatility. Even bitcoin's volatility is a big problem for illicit vendors because they are not able to quickly liquidate their funds since they first have to launder them.

3) Liquidity (closely related to #2). Vendors need to be able to cash out without dumping the market to oblivion. Not as big an issue for customers because when they pump the price up buying, it just means they pay less crave when they purchase something with it (but this is just doubly screwing the vendor now because of the inflated value of crave).

Now, obviously all of these issues would diminish as adoption increases. But even bitcoin hasn't completely achieved this.

For the above reasons, if the markets are to actually be functional and not just proof-of-concept, I think it would be best if BTC were used within the markets. Or at least for it to be an option. If that's even possible? Or will it simply be up to the people who run the markets?

Again, sorry if these questions have already been answered ad nauseam.

Your problem is simple to solve .... if you want to use the market so, just buy crave, liquidity and stability will certainly come up with the large adoption of the users, crave will change crypto.

Crypto will be like AC - BC.
well those markets did use drk also! so i don't see issue here Huh
Activity: 432

Could somebody answer this plz? I just want to know if btc or crave will be used as the currency on the markets. Thanks.

Perfect Smiley, that's exactly what do I wanted to hear, the market will create an insane buying demand to crave. Cool

I am asking because, lets be real, nobody is going to use an altcoin on illicit markets.. They very well might use the markets themselves, but they will not use an altcoin for the transactions. For many reasons...

1) Decreased anonymity. Sure, this coin is more "anonymous" than bitcoin, but nothing is absolutely anonymous and since there are so few people who use it, it is actually waaaaaaay easier to keep track of everybody involved.

2) Volatility. Vendors and even customers cannot and will not tolerate the extreme volatility. Even bitcoin's volatility is a big problem for illicit vendors because they are not able to quickly liquidate their funds since they first have to launder them.

3) Liquidity (closely related to #2). Vendors need to be able to cash out without dumping the market to oblivion. Not as big an issue for customers because when they pump the price up buying, it just means they pay less crave when they purchase something with it (but this is just doubly screwing the vendor now because of the inflated value of crave).

Now, obviously all of these issues would diminish as adoption increases. But even bitcoin hasn't completely achieved this.

For the above reasons, if the markets are to actually be functional and not just proof-of-concept, I think it would be best if BTC were used within the markets. Or at least for it to be an option. If that's even possible? Or will it simply be up to the people who run the markets?

Your problem is simple to solve .... if you want to use the market so, just buy crave, liquidity and stability will certainly come up with the large adoption of the users, crave will change crypto.

Crypto will be like AC - BC.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 415
stop feeding trolls.... ignoring is the best medicine. back to useful crave related topic... the new i2p wallet seems to loose all connections in the nodes. I have 4 nodes setup by sologap on vpn and updated to new wallet ... they all now have no connections to network. tried adding nodes from working normal staking wallet, but they don't work. any ideas? thanks. others have reported this on slack.

My normal (not MN) wallet couldn't connect either, after having 20+ connections prior to the latest wallet. Deleted my chain and it immediately found connections. Don't know much about the tech side of things but perhaps deleting your peers.dat and turning it back might work? that did it for me anyways......
that seemed to work .... the addnodes didn't help... working now but it took many restarts of nodes to get going ... they stopped responding many times... stable so far ... thanks for suggestions all

It wouldn't hurt to have a bitcoin option imo the more currencies offered the better(within reason of course) for crave possibly an option could be implemented in urge that allows a person to choose which currency to accept when they start their marketplace?

Activity: 432

The Urge markets use Crave.  Smiley

Would it be possible to use BTC too? I had removed the bulk of my previous post when I reposted it, but basically I think a functional illicit market would need to use BTC and not an alt- at least at first until the alt can provide the needed anonymity, liquidity, and reduced volatility.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

The Urge markets use Crave.  Smiley
Jump to: