Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 2. (Read 37307 times)

Activity: 474
Merit: 101
How about DOGE mining with Apollo BTC? Wink
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
hi guys sorry for the question, but with this miner you can also mine other altcoins besides LTC?
I ask because I have not found answers on the net, and reading the setup guide I read that "The drive will need to be pre-loaded with a recent copy of a Litecoin Full Node chainstate and blocks folder placed inside the" Litecoin "folder on your drive "and this made me doubt ... moreover it is a few years that I gave up mining but since it had gone very well (at the time the BTc were worth about $ 300) I would like to resume a little (the last time I used the antminers s3, it's been a while ...)

it can be a node - but doesnt have to be one. it is a scrypt miner so you should be able to mine any cryptocurrency that is mineable on the scrypt algo.

Thank you very much for the quick reply Wink
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
hi guys sorry for the question, but with this miner you can also mine other altcoins besides LTC?
I ask because I have not found answers on the net, and reading the setup guide I read that "The drive will need to be pre-loaded with a recent copy of a Litecoin Full Node chainstate and blocks folder placed inside the" Litecoin "folder on your drive "and this made me doubt ... moreover it is a few years that I gave up mining but since it had gone very well (at the time the BTc were worth about $ 300) I would like to resume a little (the last time I used the antminers s3, it's been a while ...)

it can be a node - but doesnt have to be one. it is a scrypt miner so you should be able to mine any cryptocurrency that is mineable on the scrypt algo.
Activity: 4
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hello everyone,

Reaching out here for help. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered, but in all my searching I could not find an answer or instructions or directions addressing this question.
I was wondering if the Apollo LTC miner can mine two or more different pools at the same time?  I tried to configure my pools so that one pool is litecoinpool.org (LTC) and the other pool aikapool.com (Dogecoin), and the miner seemed to try to split the hash power evenly between the two, but only accepted shares from one pool.   Does the miner have the ability to mine 2 different scrypt pools at the same time?   Side note - I do know that litecoinpool.org is merged with Dogecoin already, I am more or less teaching myself about altcoins and crypto as I go and this is my latest project - to mine Dogecoin directly.

Can the Apollo LTC miner can mine two/multiple different scrypt pools at the same time?
stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333     <--- Active, but No shares accepted, showing hashrate of about 60mhs
stratum+tcp://stratum.aikapool.com:7915   <--- Active and accepting shares, showing hashrate of about 60mhs
stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333  <-- Failover Pool - Inactive

Any help would be appreciated and again I apologize if this has already been answered or provided somewhere else. I searched and could not find anything.

Thanks for your help and knowledge!

No you cant, additional pools are there for backup pools (ie one pool goes down, it will default to your backup pool so it never stops mining).
Activity: 1
Hello everyone,

Reaching out here for help. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered, but in all my searching I could not find an answer or instructions or directions addressing this question.
I was wondering if the Apollo LTC miner can mine two or more different pools at the same time?  I tried to configure my pools so that one pool is litecoinpool.org (LTC) and the other pool aikapool.com (Dogecoin), and the miner seemed to try to split the hash power evenly between the two, but only accepted shares from one pool.   Does the miner have the ability to mine 2 different scrypt pools at the same time?   Side note - I do know that litecoinpool.org is merged with Dogecoin already, I am more or less teaching myself about altcoins and crypto as I go and this is my latest project - to mine Dogecoin directly.

Can the Apollo LTC miner can mine two/multiple different scrypt pools at the same time?
stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333     <--- Active, but No shares accepted, showing hashrate of about 60mhs
stratum+tcp://stratum.aikapool.com:7915   <--- Active and accepting shares, showing hashrate of about 60mhs
stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333  <-- Failover Pool - Inactive

Any help would be appreciated and again I apologize if this has already been answered or provided somewhere else. I searched and could not find anything.

Thanks for your help and knowledge!

Activity: 44
Anyone here use these for solo mining other alt coins?  I searched back but didn't seem to find much regarding this.  Most posts are about pools and LTC pools.

Interested for a few smaller coin projects

Thanks!

AS long as the coin is scrypt, yes no problem. I did it in the past.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
Just curious, would it be possible to make a version with a built-in power supply? Seems like that would make it even more user-friendly but obviously I don't know anything about manufacturing consumer electronics.
Activity: 33
Merit: 3
Anyone here use these for solo mining other alt coins?  I searched back but didn't seem to find much regarding this.  Most posts are about pools and LTC pools.

Interested for a few smaller coin projects

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1459
Merit: 1025
i love Emerald (EMD)
any shop URL for germany?
Activity: 16
hi all,

where can i buy this amazing piece of miner in europe or germany ?

regards

I ordered direct to the UK came no problem, did get hit with import tax though.

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
hi all,

regards

https://www.bitshopper.de/ has been out for a while you might want to contact futurebit direct and see if they have anyone else.
I know I have seen them on eBay now and then too.

If for whatever reason you can't find on in the EU I have one for sale [ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-futurebit-apollo-pod-miner-200-shipped-us-5276019 ] but it's US only shipping.
I can ship to someone here (usually minerjones https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/minerjones-346731 ) who can then ship to you.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 1459
Merit: 1025
i love Emerald (EMD)
hi all,

regards
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
hola buenas
tengo 5 moonlander2 y me gustaria tener un par de APOLLOs Grin (completo con MicroSD y fuente de alimentacion)
bitshopper lo tiene AGOTADO Cry (esperando respuesta al correo enviado).
 me puede concretar algo por aqui ? Cool
gracias

Si al final consigues tus Apollos, intenta montar un nodo de LTC en uno de ellos (en uno basta, no te lies a montar dos nodos con ala misma IP, es poco útil).
If you finally got your Apollos, please try to run a full LTC node on one of them (one is enough, two nodes with same IP it is a mess, and not very useful).

English please  Undecided
Activity: 43
hola buenas
tengo 5 moonlander2 y me gustaria tener un par de APOLLOs Grin (completo con MicroSD y fuente de alimentacion)
gracias

en que pais estas
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
hola buenas
gracias
legendary
    I'm considering buying the newest Full-Node option. It says it comes with a PSU and 64 GB USB drive for the blockchain.

I have a few questions if anyone has some answers:

• Is the PSU reliable? Am I better off buying a Corsair?
    • Is 64 GB enough space for the blockchain? Is upgrading as simple as swapping it out for a larger one?
    • Can I limit the number of connections to my node via a CONF file?
    • Does the Full Node have a Wallet? If so, is it easy to use and backup? Do I still need to run my node on my PC?

Cool

i will answer what I can

• Is the PSU reliable? Am I better off buying a Corsair?  - the supplied  psu that came with mine has been going strong with no issues
    • Is 64 GB enough space for the blockchain? Is upgrading as simple as swapping it out for a larger one? - if you swap it you would need reformat/re-download the node
    • Can I limit the number of connections to my node via a CONF file? - this I am unsure on, sorry.
    • Does the Full Node have a Wallet? If so, is it easy to use and backup? Do I still need to run my node on my PC? - no it does not, it is only a node, I still run my LTC.qt wallet
    [/list]
    Activity: 142
    Merit: 100
    I'm considering buying the newest Full-Node option. It says it comes with a PSU and 64 GB USB drive for the blockchain.

I have a few questions if anyone has some answers:

• Is the PSU reliable? Am I better off buying a Corsair?
    • Is 64 GB enough space for the blockchain? Is upgrading as simple as swapping it out for a larger one?
    • Can I limit the number of connections to my node via a CONF file?
    • Does the Full Node have a Wallet? If so, is it easy to use and backup? Do I still need to run my node on my PC?

Cool
    legendary
    Hi guys!

Can I ask where are you mining with apollos?
    I am using prohashing, but thinking about change.

Thanks for the info!

Mines pointed at litecoinpool.org
    Activity: 11
    Hi guys!

Can I ask where are you mining with apollos?
    I am using prohashing, but thinking about change.

Thanks for the info!
    Pages:
    Jump to: