Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 5. (Read 37316 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
MY 4 NEW FUTUREBIT APOLLOS LTC - BATCH 2.

* MINER MODE: ECO (AUTO-VOLTAGE, FREQUENCY & FAN)
* HASHRATE: AROUND 100 MH/S.
* MINER TEMPERATURE: AROUND 155 FAHRENHEIT
* HARDWARE ERRORS: AROUND 0.6%.
* POWER CONSUMPTION: AROUND 545 W/H.
* MINING ON LITECOINPOOL.ORG AT 400 MH/S DURING 30 DAYS PERIOD: AROUND 0.23 LTC ($19.80 AT TODAY'S PRICE)

NICE PRODUCT FOR THE HOME MINER. WELL BALANCE FEATURES. GREAT PACKAGING BOX. COMPACT. SOLID. LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN. GREAT METAL HOUSING. HIGH QUALITY PSU UNITS WITH SIDE FANS. THANKS FUTUREBIT. KEEP THE GREAT JOB!!.

CHECK THE IMAGES OF MY "LIVING ROOM-MINING RIG":

Nice setup and thanks for the kind words! You wattage seems a bit high though, are you sure your not running them on balanced? You should be closer to 450 watts in eco with 4.
Activity: 3
Merit: 2
MY 4 NEW FUTUREBIT APOLLOS LTC - BATCH 2.

* MINER MODE: ECO (AUTO-VOLTAGE, FREQUENCY & FAN)
* HASHRATE: AROUND 100 MH/S.
* MINER TEMPERATURE: AROUND 155 FAHRENHEIT
* HARDWARE ERRORS: AROUND 0.6%.
* POWER CONSUMPTION: AROUND 545 W/H.
* MINING ON LITECOINPOOL.ORG AT 400 MH/S DURING 30 DAYS PERIOD: AROUND 0.23 LTC ($19.80 AT TODAY'S PRICE)

NICE PRODUCT FOR THE HOME MINER. WELL BALANCE FEATURES. GREAT PACKAGING BOX. COMPACT. SOLID. LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN. GREAT METAL HOUSING. HIGH QUALITY PSU UNITS WITH SIDE FANS. THANKS FUTUREBIT. KEEP THE GREAT JOB!!.

CHECK THE IMAGES OF MY "LIVING ROOM-MINING RIG":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rllha3b3j7isdd/APOLLO_RIG.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw5qbpb0f5l0mv7/APOLLO_PODS.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vag5rf9xowuxdg9/APOLLO_PSU.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/74icta8pz4apamt/APOLLO_METER.jpg?dl=0
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I find zergpool and zpool have a lot of errors, multipool and litecoinpool tend to be fine.
Activity: 16
if your using a pc psu you have put the jumper connection on the 24 pin connector?
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hey I just got my apollo miner with the power supply and SD card included. It won't boot tho...? I have it plugged in but I just see a static yellow and green light by the ethernet cord. No fan noise or nothing. Any idea whats wrong? Or does it take a while to boot?

No LED on the front? Do the ethernet lights flash when you turn on the power supply? If not it could be a corrupt SD card.
Activity: 44
I'd like to join the party on zergpool. Anybody can help me with the config? Where do I input target coin and payout coin etc... on the Apollo dashboard?
Thanks

The FAQs are quite helpful on the zergpool site. Since I'm the pool and it's a win-win here's the easy way:

URL:stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zergpool.com:3433/#xnsub
Username: pick your wallet address that matches the coin you want to be paid out in
Password: ID=[pick a name],c=[coin you want to be paid out in and must match your wallet address, have to pick one, place the three letter short hand in all caps: "LTC" or "DGB" , etc], mc=[use this option if you want to mine specific coins],m=party.Apollo

Hope that helps!

Thank you, I didn't realize the commands had to be in the password field itself.

Check out zergpool.com and look at the column on the left and continue scrolling all the way down. A ton more detail with what you can do with all the configurations.

Thank you that helped.
Getting a lot of HW errors though (20%). Any advice?

How long have let your Apollo mine for? During initial start up I've had high errors but nothing worse than 5% and after enough data points the errors average to ~1%. I wouldn't blame zergpool just yet; although the pool isn't defect free. Could be the quality of your internet connection or many other factors... Recommend looking through this forum as it many good tips on what do and I would have a look at the Apollo support thread.

Been running for a day.
I disconnected wifi I think the miner was using it instead of ethernet. HW errors are slowly going down now.
Wifi is definitely buggy for me.
Activity: 61
I'd like to join the party on zergpool. Anybody can help me with the config? Where do I input target coin and payout coin etc... on the Apollo dashboard?
Thanks

The FAQs are quite helpful on the zergpool site. Since I'm the pool and it's a win-win here's the easy way:

Username: pick your wallet address that matches the coin you want to be paid out in
Password: ID=[pick a name],c=[coin you want to be paid out in and must match your wallet address, have to pick one, place the three letter short hand in all caps: "LTC" or "DGB" , etc], mc=[use this option if you want to mine specific coins],m=party.Apollo

Hope that helps!

Thank you, I didn't realize the commands had to be in the password field itself.

Check out zergpool.com and look at the column on the left and continue scrolling all the way down. A ton more detail with what you can do with all the configurations.

Thank you that helped.

How long have let your Apollo mine for? During initial start up I've had high errors but nothing worse than 5% and after enough data points the errors average to ~1%. I wouldn't blame zergpool just yet; although the pool isn't defect free. Could be the quality of your internet connection or many other factors... Recommend looking through this forum as it many good tips on what do and I would have a look at the Apollo support thread.
Thanks

Hope that helps!

Thank you that helped.
Thanks

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Hope that helps!
Thanks
Activity: 7
I'm getting a second Apollo and I'm wanting to set them up with a static ip. How do I do that? I'm assuming login via ssh but what do I change?

Thanks

you would do this is your router. In the DHCP settings you should be able to reserve an IP address outside of your DHCP server range. To reserve you choose the MAC address of the new miner and assign an address to it. Sounds complicated but should be easy once you logon to your router.

Yeah, I know how to do that but my router is been having problems with handing out DHCP addresses but If I put a static address locally it will automatically connect.
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
I'm getting a second Apollo and I'm wanting to set them up with a static ip. How do I do that? I'm assuming login via ssh but what do I change?

Thanks

you would do this is your router. In the DHCP settings you should be able to reserve an IP address outside of your DHCP server range. To reserve you choose the MAC address of the new miner and assign an address to it. Sounds complicated but should be easy once you logon to your router.
Activity: 7

Thanks
Merit: 1
How come? It just works on the moonlandr1, so why not same on this one?
Also, thats a linux tutorial, not windows.

Moonlanders use separate mining software which has support for solo mining. With the Apollo, everything is rolled into a nice, easy package, but solo support was not included, so you have to find other options.

The link I provided was supposed to be an example of the work involved. If you really want to pursue solo mining with the Apollo, you'll need to start doing some research; I don't think anyone is just going to hand you a prepackaged solution. If you want easy, I suggest looking into solo pools, like TBDice.
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Would anyone be able to help setup solo mining on Windows?

It's really not a trivial process, unfortunately. You're looking at something like this: https://github.com/mikeghen/litecoin-solo-mining-tutorial

How come? It just works on the moonlandr1, so why not same on this one?
Also, thats a linux tutorial, not windows.

Merit: 1

It's really not a trivial process, unfortunately. You're looking at something like this: https://github.com/mikeghen/litecoin-solo-mining-tutorial
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
I just recently got an Apollo and want to try solo mining. What is the best way to do this now before the full node software upgrade is ready?

Thanks
R

Your choices are to set up a node and a Stratum proxy (private 'pool'), or use an exiting solo pool. I suggest the latter because it's far more simple.

Hi,
J
Pages:
Jump to: