Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 3. (Read 37316 times)

Activity: 748
Merit: 523
I just updated the core software. It seems to be running fine.

I am looking into setting up a Litecoin node. I don't have a spare USB drive (I can order one) but I do have some extra space on the SDXC card. Can I just create another partition on the card and run the Litecoin folder out of that?

Not sure, but I think it is not possible. Full node software needs blockchain at a different drive, for performance issues. SD card can not work OK with both the SO and the blockchain.

Better to buy a good USB3 pendrive.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I just updated the core software. It seems to be running fine.

I am looking into setting up a Litecoin node. I don't have a spare USB drive (I can order one) but I do have some extra space on the SDXC card. Can I just create another partition on the card and run the Litecoin folder out of that?
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
legendary
WATCH OUT if you are mining on TBDICE. Do NOT use an LTC address starting with M, you won't get paid. My apollo found a block but I didn't get the reward because I was using an address starting with M. It sucks big time it's a known issue but I didn't know and nowhere on the website says M addresses are not supported. Best to avoid the pool altogether since the owner is MIA for more than a year now..

Yes the operator has disappeared for years, still seems to run but I wouldn't not use them.
Activity: 44
WATCH OUT if you are mining on TBDICE. Do NOT use an LTC address starting with M, you won't get paid. My apollo found a block but I didn't get the reward because I was using an address starting with M. It sucks big time it's a known issue but I didn't know and nowhere on the website says M addresses are not supported. Best to avoid the pool altogether since the owner is MIA for more than a year now..
Activity: 11
Hit my second Digibyte block since joining the zerg party! Hope everyone enjoyed the balance bump  Wink

This is an old post, granted, but I have the little USB miners and can mine happily on Zerg, but I am struggling with the Apollo. Nicehash wont connect, Zerg mines for about 1 or 2 accepts then drops and never tries again, but it happily hashes away on Litecoin Pool or TBDice.

I have my Apollo settings with Pool 0 being ZergPool and "party" to join in with you guys, but it wont stay connected, and wont reconnect once it drops

Is there any other software which works well with the Apollo other than Minera? Ive used Minera in the past, but the native minera software just doesnt like Zerg and NH (for me)
Activity: 15
my main ltc pool decided to give up ltc, pity big loss as i think the admins don't understand too much off other protocols, like Asic boost which it did not have and many ant-miner s series did not hash in end they pulled btc also. these features  are hidden in the new firmware and newbies to mining and computing programming dont realize bit-main hidden features is very dangerous practice esp the fan speed i have wrote a post in legal about it as i had few l3 fried on me due to missing fan speed feature once browsers get refreshed pages.

at least this unit has that feature not hidden or missing which i like about it
Activity: 15

but there is also the possibility to connect to any pool and undermine any crypto with the same "algo scrypt"

Yes you can and as jstefanop has written its possible to any pool and you can also point your miner to nicehash if you want .
The only problem on Nicehash there is only to get a lot of shares , but you get some and any scrypt pool that you find you can mine there .
I have the apollo miner now since it was coming out and never got any problems with it .

How much u earn daily if u point your apollo to nice hash?

I have tried nicehash occasionally with my apollo and it just doesnt seem to work there - it sits around 20 mh/s and even after hours the earned amount is at 0

I switch it back to another pool and the hash rate goes to 140 mh/s

many renters i noticed hash their contracts on pools that not fully compatible with either the bfgminer version but im sure miner itself works fine from what i hear from other apollo owners i tried renting from
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490

but there is also the possibility to connect to any pool and undermine any crypto with the same "algo scrypt"

Yes you can and as jstefanop has written its possible to any pool and you can also point your miner to nicehash if you want .
The only problem on Nicehash there is only to get a lot of shares , but you get some and any scrypt pool that you find you can mine there .
I have the apollo miner now since it was coming out and never got any problems with it .

I have tried nicehash occasionally with my apollo and it just doesnt seem to work there - it sits around 20 mh/s and even after hours the earned amount is at 0

I switch it back to another pool and the hash rate goes to 140 mh/s
Activity: 40

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030

legendary
hello dear, I have the possibility to buy it in EU for 350 € ..

I wanted to know if there is really the possibility of earning something ... as with me the cost of the current is € 0.21 (kw / h) and therefore I have to be on very low hardware as consumption, for home, I wanted to know if it's worth it or not .. thanks to all .. hello forum ...

If you want a way to slowly collect litecoin without buying it, and don't care about burning a lightbulb 24/7 to do it, then yes right now is the best time to be mining since difficulty is almost half of what it was during it peak (and you earn almost as much litecoin as you would have pre-halving).

If you only care about fiat, and dumping crypto for fiat so you can 'ROI' then no this is not for you.

thanks for the reply, but there is also the possibility to connect to any pool and undermine any crypto with the same "algo scrypt"

Thanks in advance

Yes this can mine any scypt algorithm coin, so there are dozens of ways to mine. You can mine dozens of scrypt coins, you can mine on mutipools, you can mine on nicehash and get paid out in bitcoin, you can solo mine etc etc.
Activity: 18

I wanted to know if there is really the possibility of earning something ... as with me the cost of the current is € 0.21 (kw / h) and therefore I have to be on very low hardware as consumption, for home, I wanted to know if it's worth it or not .. thanks to all .. hello forum ...

If you want a way to slowly collect litecoin without buying it, and don't care about burning a lightbulb 24/7 to do it, then yes right now is the best time to be mining since difficulty is almost half of what it was during it peak (and you earn almost as much litecoin as you would have pre-halving).

If you only care about fiat, and dumping crypto for fiat so you can 'ROI' then no this is not for you.

thanks for the reply, but there is also the possibility to connect to any pool and undermine any crypto with the same "algo scrypt"

Thanks in advance
legendary

Activity: 18

Activity: 91
Merit: 2
If you guys want to make a little bit more you should list the rig on https://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=2013.
When the rig is rented it usually makes x3 - x4 times what it makes on regular pools. Of course you can try to rent it for even more. But at that price it can be rented fairly often.
When the rig is not rented it just mines on your regular pool so it's just a bonus from time to time. Also, I use the site as a pool switcher without having to restart the Apollo (very useful).
Just a thought!

How does this work? safe to use?
Activity: 44
If you guys want to make a little bit more you should list the rig on https://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=2013.
When the rig is rented it usually makes x3 - x4 times what it makes on regular pools. Of course you can try to rent it for even more. But at that price it can be rented fairly often.
When the rig is not rented it just mines on your regular pool so it's just a bonus from time to time. Also, I use the site as a pool switcher without having to restart the Apollo (very useful).
Just a thought!
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
Got my Apollo setup mining to an auto switch pool of Scrypt to BTC.  First payout of 0.0025 BTC should be reached in around 300 days, lol.  Those obsessed with ROI would have a field day with this.  I’m just enjoying the ride.
Activity: 55
Merit: 2
Thanks for the info..
I will  just type it in like i have it here except with my own wallet addressee
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
[

I am A real Newbie so i want to get this right.

under the Futurebit POOL dashboard i put in

URL...............................stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zergpool.com:3433
Username.......................ltc wallet address i.e LKEyiGGfp1ZjTQxwAB7CddRv7Nrrc1iQQt(put ure own wallet adresse)
Password........................c=LTC,m=party.Apollo ........(is Apollo the pool we will be joining or is this the password and can be changed
Proxy (Optional)..............Leave Blank

thanks  

I am on the  itecoinpool. Once i get a payout i want to change and try ZergPool
[/quote]

I did mine with the password as just x but i think with some of the pools you need to use the C= to designate which coin you want for payout.
Pages:
Jump to: